Will speaking French be of any use in German speaking Switzerland?

Will speaking French be of any use in German speaking Switzerland?

Just speak that Franco-German dialect called "English"

Nah, I'm not a faggot American tourist that insists everyone must speak English. I am traveling abroad I will do my best to speak the local language.

Shieeet

he's not lying. You're better off speaking English. Even in the French parts they'd probably rather speak English to you than communicate in your broken French.

No, neither will German

I've taken French since I was 14. I'm 20 now.

What ?

So what. I bet I speak better French than you burger, and I barely speak it. It's fine if the person doesn't speak English (we'll find a way) but you're being deliberately ignorant/trolling in your question. Of course they don't speak French in the Swiss-German part, they are FAR more likely to speak English. It's a much richer/nicer country than you are used to, but please don't insult them by trying to speak French.. Just speak English.

No, we like when someone speak french to us.

yeah I know you appreciate it, but it does usually result in reverting to English just cos it's easier. As I said, if they don't speak it we find a way (via my broken French.)

Are you seriously implying tho that the Swiss-Deutch or whatever would appreciate being spoken to in broken french > english? kek.

I don't because they don't actually speak it, so you can't have proper conversations, it's like talking to children (which i also hate)

French is taken rather seriously in school. Not sure how well it carries over into later life. You can always try. It surely isn't useless.
There are some French loan words in Swiss German so there's that.

I can actually have decent conversation in French I know more than
"Je m'appelle Kyle"
"J'ai un chat"
"Le livre est dans la sac à dos"
I learned all that in the 9th grade and I'm a junior in college now and I'm still taking French.

Bon lad :DDDDD

I can totally believe that. I'd still wager their english is better than their french tho.

meanwhile, the french sector of CH is useless at both languages. so there's that.

but since OP is going to the Svissadoetch part...

t. do business in CH on the regs.

No, most people forget about it after school

Is 9th grade burger for 6 years old :DD

t. speaks French at a 11th grade (or 8 year old) level

PARLAY VOO ONGLAZE?

qu'est-ce que tu penses de genie bouchard ?

Je ne sais pas qui elle est

bon bah comme je disais c'est pas contre toi mais ca va pas aller bien loin cette conversation

>Will speaking French be of any use in German speaking Switzerland?
Sure, but English would be more useful. Many schools teach the native language of their region and then English rather than the different native languages of Switzerland.

NON, DÉSOLÉ L'AMI

Yes, a lot of people are bilingual. But I mostly goto Wallis, a canton with both German and French speaking areas, so maybe it's different in other cantons.

Tu est comique

Je n'aime pas le tennis. J'aime lutter, javelot, et lancer du poids.

MADMAN