Let's settle this once and for all. Which has a better history and culture: Britain or France?

Let's settle this once and for all. Which has a better history and culture: Britain or France?

My vote goes with France

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Nobel_laureates_per_capita
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Belgium

Tbh it's so entwined I think it's perfectly reasonable to say both. Also I don't know, what constitutes better?

This +1

Bad thread

Both.

the UK probably. Can't think of a single relevant musician except for Daft Pank that comes from France and Daft Punk are literal shit.

Also they lost at waterloo which means they lost for good.

Some more points

>cheese
>surrendering
>baguettes
>ahmed worse than the UK (which is bad enough)
>0 relevant colonies that they kept for any significant amount of time (no quebec doesn't count, it hasn't been in remote control of the french since 1764 and was hardly french for 100 years before that as you only sent colonists in the latter part of that period)

so yeah the UK wins this one.

Britain

Modern capitalism comes from Britain
The USA are an extension of Britain which its codes and values
Britain had far more scientists

>Daft punk are literal shit
Wut

>Americans judging others' culture and history, despite not having a history nor culture, thus not knowing what they truly are

Kek'd

Both can't be separated, and the truth is both are the only true relevant countries on the planet.

Whilst Britain is the most powerful in the world, at this moment. In theory, America is as powerful as Britain, so I'm going to say America and Britain are the most relevant. Germany is second, then France is third (in reality, but France is second in theory).

Ohhh, you're so critical, UK dominion.
(Flag... In a fucking flag)

Hello Nigel, please GTFO my country thanks.

>le America has no culture or history meme

You can't talk about the history of either country without the other one being an intregal part of it.

France has more nukes than Britain, and france's EEZ is two times bigger. Our army is better otherwise.

Britain has nicer roadsigns, so Britain.
t. autist

Britain got their culture from the Normans. So France wins because they were the OGs.

>Battle of Singapore

OP is a wetback so he feels closer to latin countries like France.

And you forgot that France gave you freedom.

Through much of the history it's impossible to talk about one, without mentioning the other.
Personally they have such a similar history that I can't really decide.

>more nukes
Really doesn't matter. You nuke us, and we nuke you back. No one wins with nukes.
That, and you won't use them because of MAD doctrine.

>EEZ
And? We have the Anglosphere, which triumphs over some water.

S-shut up

Okay, I missed out the hamburgers and freedom. Sorry.

>british colonies saying UK

No, no, colonies and allies fuck off

Their histories are too entwined to be separated. Both have cool pasts

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

we all came from africa, so africa wins

>tfw WE WUZ AFRICANS N SHEEEIT

But you are African.

ENOUGH

Doesn't matter ? KEK

we could entirely erase your country, you couldn't.

Anglosphere aka all-subs-american-empire.

UK

France is love, France is life.

France has been the laughing stock of the world since Waterloo, why compare them?

We could both erase each others countries. Don't be daft.

What language are we speaking right now?

Culture, I'd say france.

The brits rule in ohysical power and effect but more important for the advancement of mankind culturally was probably france.

I thank the brits for the industrialisation and neato money making schemes and sciences but its hard to beat the french revolution and the code napoleon.

Nop. We have more cities, more territories. We would win this (bad) war.

American, a language made by french people.

Some french dialect.

Britain's science contribution far outstrips france, in fact Britain are probably the single biggest contributors to human scientific discovery

>Implying we wouldn't shut down your command structure and disable your nukes with our intelligence and *tipping fedora* hacking skills.

English, I shall speak only in Saxon words to you,

French status: rekt

I did state that, didn't I?

France

>first engined car
>first engined helicopter
>modern chemistry
>metric system
>10 fields medals
>cinema/photography
>probabilistic mathematics

And the list goes on.....

why don't you speak in old english, I guess it isn't eligible to you.

American "education"

France

Some of these are sadly debatable.

I thought the first helicopter in military use was that sub marine mounted thing we had.

To admit, you would not understand frankish either, my romano-gallic friend.

UK>>North France>>>>>>>>South France

>Muslim country votes for a Muslim country

Which ones are debatable ?
I swear the first engined heli/cars are french made.
Even the french vapor boat is french made. Search it.

How come all the british colonies are successful and britain is still a shithole?

Britain. We've invaded more, ruled more, killed more and kicked more invaders asses throughout time than the snail eaters. The British are more outstandingly brutal, we invented the tank for christ sakes, and the French are just pussy wine drinkers who sissy bitch and moan. "Umm, the krauts have just walked into our capital and kicked our arses, twice, and oh look, the Vietnamese did it too...lets drink grapes and call our allies."

The Brits win, hands down.

The w*lsh

t. Juan Miguel

We got our culture from the Saxons, you silly mong. Normans never really changed British culutre to the same degree.

..french vapor boats are per definition french.

Its anecdotal if you talk about that french jesuit's steam car.

On the other hand, modern automobils per se where invented here...I thought.

They are like two siblings that when they were old enough to move out they bought houses next door and basically lived in each others houses.

Tldr: they are equal

They're only more culturally relevant if you live on the continent, since the continent has this anglo-hate fetish. The rest of the world use other systems of law and don't care about some French Revolution, which was essentially a copy of the American Revolution.

>Capitalism
>Industrial Revolution
>Common Law
>English Language

The list goes on.

I could give you the British scientific achievements:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Nobel_laureates_per_capita

>125 laureates for Britain
>61 for France

Kucked.

We found more elements than you, and we revolutionised modern science with Newton, Boyle, Hooke, Bacon, etc.

In fact, in science and technology, Germany and America is the true competitor to Britain - not France - so I don't know why you're debating this.

Britain is a shithole because of the British

>we invented the tank

Kek

You're just an inbred mong hiding on its island. When France conquered Europe by force, you bought Europe by the jewish money.

Even WWI you were sadly BTFO @ bataille de la somme.

You're just good for economy, science and shipwars.

>American education

because frankish isn't France's language desu

Even themselves bowed down to the superiority of the langue d'oïl

Dude, we don't hate you.

At most we dislike your eternal persecution complex.

Everyone disagreeing with brits gets labeled as a "hater".

Also, common law is shit, just look at the fuck up of a system in the states.

I do respect your political stability though.

>Tldr: they are equal
There's no such thing as equal. You're either a winner or you're French.

Well, if you rule a county long enough you accept its language.

The english are weak and cowards. You even call a succesfull invasion of your country a "glorious revolution"

Educate yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

say that to the turks, maghrebins, etc...

the english is a weak specimen and he knows it that's why he will never be bold enough to fight without gillions of allies.

>Common Law is shit
>Look at the fuck up of a system the states has

How about we look at Germany and France and how their bureaucracy and politicians control everything leaving no room for freedom or societal progress.

Also, America is fucked because of a shitty electoral system, not a shitty judicial system.

>shill Nobel

Are you fucking serious ?

You're using our metrics dude. Even today we're better than you at science and innovation, deal with it.

Otherwise : Pasteur, Carnot, Pascal, De Fermat, Lagrange, Laplace, Ampère, Descartes, Parmentier etc etc

>leaving no room for freedom
Yank on vacation?

>just look at the fuck up of a system in the states.
Entirely the fault of leftists
It was working fine before FDR

The Krauts kicked your asses twice frenchy. Same happened at the start of 'nam. Vietnamese walked over and took their territory back off you like sweets from a retarded baby.. Get back to your bagels & bad tasting wine. The one thing you did give to the British is migrants.

Point made.

But it applies to the spanish royal family,the british, the danish etc.

or the mongolic rulers of china.

EUROPE STRONK

i just wished we could leave all that shitty internal rule shit alone and JUST have a common economy and defense/border security policy.

I dislike open external borders.

It's lobbying (read: patron-client relations) and low participation that fucked up the states tbqh.

I am unsure.

I know that I can buy a knife without having it plastic packaged.

Sadly our hate speech laws go more into your direction nowadays as well.

Also:

>Societal progress...oh boy....

>More Nobel Laureates. Pish, you use Parisian metrics.

Is this French Damage control? Having more Nobel Laureates means you have made more significant scientific achievements worthy of note. Besides, we don't really use metrics other than in school and in the political scene because of the damned EU. We use imperial units for pubs, etc.

>Pascal, Descartes and Pasteur
They're the only worthy scientists that could compete with my list. Even then they don't compete with Newton, Boyle, Hooke, etc.
Face it, you're not better at science.

No. I just know case-by-case judging is much more accurate than general rules, since certain cases have anomalies or certain aspects about them that need to be looked at and general laws don't accustom for that. Plus, all Anglos love freedom. If you didn't know we were a Republic once because the King kept partying and didn't do any work and spent too much money.

Your whole Republican Senate, Democrat President is silly and fucks up the states too, but lobbying is definitely retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar
Brits fought alone and outnumbered while France had allies and the number but you still got owned.

You're projecting your cowardice and impotence.

>since Waterloo

Because losing against the whole Europe is embarrassing, now ?

Since WWII*

death to France long live the Saxons

>Believing the knife memes
Plastic knives are wrapped because they come in packs. That's all. I can buy a knife unwrapped if it was only the one knife.
As for the people who are under 18 - most of the time no one gives a fuck, but if you look suspicious or the cashier is a cunt they will call the police. 9/10 no one gets arrested.

>Hate Speech
If I put my right hand up I get arrested in Germany.

>Societal Progress
Because politics change in a much more evolutionary fashion, rather than an revolutionary fashion.

>morons thinking france and the UK woul EVER nuke each other
the channel really isnt that wide

This, both are great, we've done enough fighting over the years.

I said they wouldn't and if we did it would affect both of us greatly.

Just get out

knifes wrapped in plastic, not plastic knives.

loser

lmfao every UK-France thread turns into this, everyone go here

Poofta

>Is this French Damage control? Having more Nobel Laureates means you have made more significant scientific achievements worthy of note. Besides, we don't really use metrics other than in school and in the political scene because of the damned EU. We use imperial units for pubs, etc.

As a former scientist, I assure you that the amount of Nobel Prizes doesn't means the objective accomplishement of a nation. Nepotism, and mainly relations involved. Why do you fucking think jews have this huge number of NP ?
You can't be serious here.

>Face it, you're not better at science.

Lavoisier was as important as Newton in chemistry.
Carnot founded the thermodynamics.
Thanks to Foucault some proved the Relativity theory.
Thanks to fourrier you can use Photometers.
Thanks to Pascal you have probabilistic maths.

You are just a bit uneducated, mate.

They are just the most powerful nation of the humankind's history.

Yeah, I know. Most of the time they're plastic knives because they come in bulk.

Why America is better of course.

>Whilst Britain is the most powerful in the world, at this moment. In theory, America is as powerful as Britain, so I'm going to say America and Britain are the most relevant.
what have you been smoking lad