"When are you graduating user?"

"When are you graduating user?"

Soe becoming a doctor? I thought she was an artist.

She was before James ruined her.

>actually falling for the 4 year jew

meanwhile I'm working in construction, making great money, working outside and getting exercise.

When I start a degree which is never because I'm not falling for the uni meme.

Yeah but where will you be in 20 years?

Still working physically when your body is getting tired?

I'll probably be a foreman or something

definitely better than losing my vision from staring at a computer screen all day in an office

>definitely better than losing my vision from staring at a computer screen all day in an office

That doesn't negatively impact your vision though

"Sitting in an office" is pretty comfy btw. Literally making bank doing fuck all, barely working 10 hours of ACTUAL work a week

>mfw school and wagecucks

This.

>TFW no money
>TFW no friends
>TFW no gf
>TFW parents keep calling me a worthless parasite and threatening to kick me out every week
>TFW all i do is post on Sup Forums and masturbate to lolis
>TFW my sleep schedule is beyond fucked up
>TFW i'm fat and my brain as well as muscles have atrophied due to never using it
>TFW i'll probably commit suicide by 30 because i have no social skills or work experience

WAGEKEKS BTFO

NEET MASTER RACE HERE

If everything goes as planed in 6 years
mfw already sick of uni

1.5 years
i'll be a doctor and bitches will fall on my feet (or that's what i like to think)

sitting for more than 10 hours a day is literally linked to asscancer, user

staring at an object at a fixed distance from your face causes blindness (doesn't have to be a screen, could just as easily be a book or whatever)

>definitely better than losing my vision from staring at a computer screen all day in an office
>using this lie to justify not being a white collar
also
>implying you aren't already staring at one for the purpose of entertainment

I hope you remember using proper eye protection in your work space, being exposed to glaring sunlight for a long time basically give you the same effect as working in front of a screen all day if not worse.

>tfw on my 3rd year of community college
>gonna be starting my fourth if I don't get at least a C on my Bio final this Wednesday
>even if I pass I still have 2 years of big boy school left, which I'll have to take out stupid loans for

>asscancer

#justbluecollarthings

>Community College
>You still pay for it
Care to explain?

>sitting for more than 10 hours a day is literally linked to asscancer, user

You don't sit for that long.

A working day is 8 hours usually and you can get up and walk around or take breaks.

You can also go to the gym after work, not tired from your physical job all day.

>staring at an object at a fixed distance from your face causes blindness (doesn't have to be a screen, could just as easily be a book or whatever)

There is no evidence to suggest this is the case, unless you're overly straining your eyes by looking at small font or something.

Yep old school jobs are more and more popular here too.
Too many people do long intellectual studies, which give them no job no money no nothing.

Psychology, art, history, sociology ... It's interesting but fucking worthless.

I'm doing cooking, hopefully it works out. Decently paid, lots of perspectives in life such as opening a restaurant, enjoyable (for me), quite useful life skill too.
It's also a prestigious thing to be a great chef imo. Honestly i think its a worthwhile goal.

Good luck building things user !

I'm getting out in december with two degrees. Thank god. Whoever coined the "college is the best time" meme never studied anything serious.

things cost money in countries where people actually have money, Pedro

It's ridiculously cheap though.

And it's pretty much free with Pell Grants

In a year, Soe. Can we be together then?

How cheap? Mine costs minus $5400 or 300 US

>Whoever coined the "college is the best time" meme never studied anything serious.

this and they are not a madman like you who do double degrees.

I would kill myself if I took law and any other degree at the same time, even business.

BOG waiver pays for it actually

Misnomer. You still pay but it's a shit ton cheaper than regular university. Typically around $700 a semester if you're pay in state tuition. You take you're general ed classes and if all goes right, you're out by two years and you transfer to a real university.

>Whoever coined the "college is the best time" meme never studied anything serious.

Compared to working a legit job in the real world?

College is a walk in the fucking park. If you're struggling STUDYING, oh boy. Good luck with your career...

College should NOT be difficult at all, if it is, you're fucked up

You're doing it wrong then. My CC had an electrical engineering associates program which is ABET accredited. I'm going to graduate in one more semester and I'll be eligible for loads of electrical technician jobs. A friend of my in the same program just got hired to a company to assist in designing high voltage transformers and rectifiers. $45k/year starting. Some graduates are now making six figures. There are a few companies I will be putting in applications to shortly. Best thing is a lot of companies will pay for you to finish your bachelors if you stick with them for a few years.

I will graduate debt free and can potentially complete my undergrad with zero debt as well. I feel like I broke the system.

I know not all community colleges have good technical programs but I'd get in on that shit if yours does. Even if you want to get a different degree later the right associates degree can pay the bills.

But look at the programs in your area and the job opportunities as well before deciding.

t. gender studies major

I'm not struggling studying faggot, I have a double major in CS and mathematics and a 3.6 GPA (average at my school is somewhere around a 3.0, we have less grade inflation). The time investment required to keep up with a full load of math classes + CS projects is pretty large and I lose a lot of sleep. Work will be a fucking breeze compared to this.

>College should NOT be difficult at all, if it is, you're fucked up

t. liberal arts major

God damn are you that construction guy still trying to prove something? I'm not that guy you replied to, but I have worked 20 hour shifts in hospitals digging through literal human shit and moving 500 lb from room to room. I find earning a STEM degree just as stressful. It's not easy work you condescending cunt

R A R E F L A G
A
R
E

500 lb people**

not that aspie canuck, but I took chemistry because it sounded interesting and got 94. dunno why it was so difficult for everyone else.

In the year 2000.

Spoken like someone who's never worked a day in his life. Work is a lot more streamlined than school and you have a full eight hour day five days a week to get shit done. Yeah there can be tight deadlines sometimes but overall it is easier to manage because the work load isn't as parallelized as college and it's distributed among more people.

>I got a 94 in freshman chemistry
this is ok bait.

A lot of stemfags go to my school, so there must be something similar here. I stink at that stuff though. I'm majoring in English. Worthless, I know, but better than nothing. Honestly, I'm just doing it because it's expected of me. I learn languages in my spare time and I'm hoping that'll lead to a job somewhere down the line.

probably in 2 more years, if I dedicaye myself (wich I wont, 1.5 yeras)
then looking to study a master, preferably in europe

NAH you fucking retards.

I'm talking about an actual workplace where you need to get ahead and climb the ladder and it's hectic and cutthroat as fuck.

Compared to College where all you do is network, study a little bit for your easy as fuck undergrad classes AND suck your professors dick and flirt with them to get your shitty 3.5 gpa it's not even comparable.

Maybe you just work for a shitty company. Perhaps your job might be outsourced to Pajeet?

so what are you? A cutthroat Wall Street businessman? Get real bud. Nice bait though. Canada can beat out Australia at this point with shit posting

>Hectic and cutthroat
>Job outsourced to Pajeet

What kind of cutthroat job do you think gets outsourced to Pajeet you stupid fuck?

>so what are you? A cutthroat Wall Street businessman?

Something along those lines

If you're going to be a dick at least brag about what EXACTLY you do. God damn, teasing everyone with this "I'm a fucking badass" stuff and not even specifying what it is.

Midsized PE firm

>flirt with them
something tells me you iddnt study a real career

Lmao midsized penis enlargement firm?

Private Equity firm, you stupid fucking NEET

I think whatever company you work for is being downsized to save money and what you consider "cutthroat competition" is you just kissing ass as much as possible try to save your ass from being fired.

hahaha premature ejaculations firm

Nice sense of humor you autistic retard

Pajeet Employment Firm?

Next month inshallah
Working is a much better experience. I actually feel like I'm getting something done and being rewarded for it. Uni is just wasting your will and energy doing useless things so you can finally get that piece of paper you need.

>I actually feel like I'm getting something done and being rewarded for it. Uni is just wasting your will and energy doing useless things so you can finally get that piece of paper you need

Yeah I agree but college is far more relaxing and easygoing.

Question for amerifats, what's this whole deal with STEM? "Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics"
If you ask me, there are at least a couple of things there that are completely and utterly irrelevant compared to the other two. Why put it all together? So that computer programming neckbeards can feel as important as actual scientists?

Dropped out of Community College and embraced the NEET life desu.

>Why put it all together? So that computer programming neckbeards can feel as important as actual scientists?
Ding, ding, ding.

Well, I can't really banter you anymore. We're both alien to each other. You got the skills to take out competitors. I got the skills to not get taken out by a raving, drugged up psych patient.

I thought you were puffing hot air, but it does sound like tough work. As long as your work doesn't fuck over innocent people I respect it. Good luck with the competition mane

Not trying to claim anything is better than anything else but really college IS much easier and simpler than working even your first career job.

Hell it's easier than going through multiple stages of interviews and sweating bullets through it all.

>I got the skills to not get taken out by a raving, drugged up psych patient

Medschool and whatever postgrad nurses study is far easier than actually working as it and taking care of people in extreme pain who need treatment too.

B-but we a-are computer scientists...

a significant portion of americans/canadians are afraid of math and science because they assume you are born rather than git gud at it.

so they invented that phrase to discourage people from studying queer literature studies or other useless degrees.

I agree with that. It's much easier to read about psych in a book than talking to a suicidal irl.

Is working at a PE firm what you want to do? Or do you see it as a stepping stone for something else? What's the environment like at work? I mean, I know I'm biased in healthcare but I can't draw a good picture in my mind of a workplace where everyone is trying to rip each other apart, while still functioning as a unit. It sounds pretty fascinating actually. A struggle where everyone has to smile. Also, are men the more competitive ones out there? Are the women typically softer and less competitive?

>Also, are men the more competitive ones out there? Are the women typically softer and less competitive?

Women are pretty much non-existent in Finance, but there are some real hardworkers and go-getters out there.

Working in Finance is really all about the money, no one wants to work in it long term, you're there to make money and then leave it entirely.

are you that user who didn't go to college?

i need some career paths, just graduated with a biology degree and depressed that i really don't have anything i'd want to do other than more school.

>are you that user who didn't go to college?

No

>i need some career paths, just graduated with a biology degree and depressed that i really don't have anything i'd want to do other than more school

It's quite hard to leverage a lone biology degree

>so they invented that phrase to discourage people from studying queer literature studies or other useless degrees.
I guess it's reasonable to want people study computer science (lol) instead of some bullshit humanities degree, but still...
As an actual biotechnologist, i feel disrespected when i'm put together with those dipshits.

3 more years. Masters take time.

>MFW it's all payed for by the government

God I love being Scottish.

>the M doesn't stand for medicine

you learn something every day

Planning on early retirement?

yeah. i'm pretty good at generating scientific research, IE researching and theorizing technical things and somewhat capable of holding conversations with world-class scientists.

i'm pretty well rounded though in economics, history, politics, social science etc. though and thought about trying to get into some kinda analyst position.

btw what do you do at your firm and how did you land your job?

You have nobody to blame for this. Many of my friends get their first taste of the financial sectors during their summer internship in uni-years and decide to call it quits because they have a slight experience of the work environment.

There are some who embrace the unstable hours, big bucks and backstabbings but you would have to be a fool to get into something without fully understanding it first.

every masters degree is paid for though. in all countries.

yeah pretty much,.

arent people usually paid to study a master?
or is only doctorate?

>payed for by the government
You talk as if getting a 100% scholarship for a master's degree was hard or something

>literature
>queer

>getting a degree in order to write pretentious nonsense that literally has no meaning to it

don't blame us because you chose the wrong major user.

>meaning
Meaning is a spook, user.

it seems you're from /lit/ can you give a /lit/core list of books?

the fuck bitch?
two years ago actually.
why am i in the uni library?
how did i get here?
wanna grab a coffee and sit outside chatting a bit?

I will graduate this year. If I don't fail my final work, of course.
I'm going crazy. I'm flipping my shit out.
Not because it is hard. It is impossible to put my mind to it and dedicate myself, because I don't want to work on this subject anyway.
There are only a more couple of months to go but all I want to do is rot in Sup Forums.

5 years?

I'm only 17 so who the fuck cares

Law or political science, shit I dont know

>but all I want to do is rot in Sup Forums.
I feel you bro
I feel you

Who else /fullridescholarshipforacademicreasons/ here?

REPORTED

>not having your parents pay for your tuition

By getting a scholarship I can have them pay for other things for me with their money.

Reported him, you and then myself for announcing reports.

ARGHHHH DELET THAT HAROLD

Read the sticky

Reported for announcing reports.

My last graduation (LL.M. tax law & estate planning) was 10 years ago.

My second to last (J.D. -- law) was about 5 years before that.

First university graduation (classics/archaeology) was several years before that..

What, this?

i couldnt get through 100 pages of infinite jest without wanting to sudoku

HA! college are for lazy retards, bitch.

Try Barth. One paragraph = guaranteed sudoku. To my sensibilities, it's just a bunch of inside/personal references that only a professional literary critic, or maybe some kind of savant, can truly crack.

I can't get one since I'm not a blind paraplegic nigger

nice, thanks

>just finished my STEM bachelor
>joining navy in september because why not