World languages ordered from most "pleasant to listen to" to "least pleasant to listen to"

World languages ordered from most "pleasant to listen to" to "least pleasant to listen to".

Someone asked me to make this list for them, tell me if you agree or disagree.

This is from the perspective of an ex-pat living in Los Angeles (won't say native country :^) )

Forgive me if your language is not represented here, I am sure it's beautiful!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qcY2sD47x9k
youtu.be/gkjW9PZBRfk?t=50s
youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3B2ZUiO9JUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52ZfWTfuwyk
youtube.com/watch?v=oKmR9wj2Xgo
youtube.com/watch?v=0GlaIX-qAv4
youtube.com/watch?v=emhKHQq_DLs
youtube.com/watch?v=_g6YxkSqL20
youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bP_lFmQ3F4I
youtube.com/watch?v=e73btaVo868
youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
youtu.be/hkmeoYKYctw
youtube.com/watch?v=CtWirGxV7Q8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally this desu

How the fuck are we in the top

Vancouver an B.C. English is literally the same as Pacific Northwest, you cuck.

>Korean
>Scottish English
>PNW English
>that high
yeah, nah

>an ex-pat
No, you are an inmigrant.

Also,

CHI

FUCKING WEEB AND KEK

Some thoughts:
- British English sounds appealing even to non-English speakers, this might be why The Beatles (and many other British bands) were so successful internationally.
- Korean and Japanese pop music is also successful internationally, their languages lend better to music because they do not have the influence of Chinese tones.
- Mandarin and Cantonese are D: to listen to! The tones make music sound appalling! To non-Chinese speakers, the tones make the speaker sound as though they are constantly asking a question in mid-sentence. Worse, inexperienced Chinese speakers who are bad with the tones sound as though they are saying completely different words! Very annoying!

>tfw mother tongue is Cantonese

Korean doesn't deserve to be on that high though.

>redneck American English
Does this include Texan?

"Cool sounding" Texans go in the "Jeff Bridges" category, annoying hillbilly Texans go in the "Redneck" category.

also, New Yorker English needs to slightly above the middle of the pack

I guess I'm Jeff Bridges then

>Australian English
Like a wealthy/upper-middle class? 'Cause the 'normal' accent of the majority is pretty bad lad

>any dialect of english near the top

Southerners help me figure this one out

What parts of the South are Southern and what parts of the South are redneck?

>Self-hating canuck being overly polite again

Rednecks are scooter Americans and the inbreds

The rest of us sound like East Texans or have the really distinctive Southern drawl that people talk about

>British English
>Australian English
I can't figure out how they differ.

Mississippi, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, South Carolina.

Basically all of the American states that still fly the Battle Flag of the Confederacy.

..Basically all of the racist American states that we should have burned to the ground for being the biggest traitors the US has ever known and continue to be the US's biggest embarrassment.

>yankee dialects over superior southern dialects
>danish anywhere other than the bottom
>swedish over norwegian (which norwegian dialect? The ones that are closer to nynorsk are prettier than standard swedish, and there isn't a true standard norwegian spoken variety)
>british english over swedish/norwegian even though they have that disgusting glottal stop
This chart is all over the place

Forgot to include that those were the redneck category, but one could probably assume.

The ones that have more meth labs I'd believe

>To non-Chinese speakers, the tones make the speaker sound as though they are constantly asking a question in mid-sentence. Worse, inexperienced Chinese speakers who are bad with the tones sound as though they are saying completely different words! Very annoying!
This a million times over.
You have to be a masochist to learn Chinese as your second language.
>mfw I learned Chinese in school

Why didn't you just say Arkansas, it would have been easier

>Thinks British English is a yank language
Your mind is all over the place.

You're spoiled because you're from Aus. The whole world loves your stupid accent.

>Korean
>Japanese

Can't figure out how they differ

I was referring to the New Yorker/New Jersey dialects, which are spoken by yankees.

The rural Midwest where meth labs dominate the landscape (Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan), the remote areas of Tennessee and North Carolina, and Kentucky, Oklahoma, and South Carolina in general

Ozarks yeah.

Probably those people more or less, they're true blue hillbillies

I think german sounds better than danish. The problem with german is our reference is always hitler's speeches, but it actually sounds pretty soft when not spoken screaming with anger

Double J sound in Korean sounds more abrupt and distinct, Japanese consonants flow better with the vowels being more evenly distributed (most commonly one vowel for every one consonant, sometimes two consonants for one vowel) and also has the ō vowel sound for disambiguation.

Everytime I hear Cantonese, I almost feel like tapping on the speaker's shoulder and saying "it's not okay to be this stereotypical toward Chinese people!" But that's just how their language naturally sounds:
youtube.com/watch?v=qcY2sD47x9k

>british english
>most pleasant

Was that the best you can think of?

youtu.be/gkjW9PZBRfk?t=50s

Even if you don't speak English or care about her cause, it still seems like whatever she has to say is important.

There's a reason why almost every major documentary has a British English speaker. It just sounds important, distinguished, and elegant. Easy to parse sonically.

Why do you think some American television shows are replacing their hosts with British speakers? (John Oliver) Most people think the same sentence when spoken by a British accent is more likely to be authentic and informed even if there is no difference in the words!

>People upset Korean near the top of the list
Reminder that the Korean language brought us this:
youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

Why scottish that high? It's literally us redneck-tier, even worse.

Why do people hate everything about us. Its very rude . Do you think we speak like tony sopranos ? Because we fucking dont even guidos dont.

kpop is shit

>english on top

shit list

youtube.com/watch?v=3B2ZUiO9JUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52ZfWTfuwyk
youtube.com/watch?v=oKmR9wj2Xgo

2.5bil views on Gangnam Style says otherwise B-)

this, and german should be higher. So should french

>Polish
>Russian
>Romanian
>Arabic
>More pleasant then Spanish

French has all those "frog sounds" though...
youtube.com/watch?v=0GlaIX-qAv4

Arabic should be devided . Its dialects are much more diffrent than english dalects.

I can't think of many languages that sound worse than the romance languages honestly. You could probably squeeze Danish inbetween two of them, but on a chart like this they should always go at the bottom.

Sounds like they're occasionally hocking a loogie... O_O

Romance languages sound better than all germanic languages except english because it has alot of french in it

You chose a speech from the sexiest French (or any nationality) woman in all of recorded human history as your counter-example for why French shouldn't be higher on the list.

That woman could read me my taxes in French and I would need an ice bucket to keep my boner down. At least you didn't choose a biased example.

>日本語
>一番
そですか~!

youtube.com/watch?v=emhKHQq_DLs

>ex-pat living in Los Angeles

>Any dialect of Arabic above Spanish
That theory is false because OP is clearly biased against Spanish.

Id switch Jeff Bridges with PacNW but generally I agree

my list from best to worst
1. Russian
2. Japanese
3. Italian
4. Mexican Spanish
5. Australian English
6. Macedonian
7. Icelandic
8. Scottish English
9. German

10-999.
Everything else

French
Chinese
Arabic

Hebrew and Yiddish

>Ruskiy as best
Alright comrade, back to the gulag with you.

>People raging that English is getting top marks
Here's what English sounds like to non-English speakers (if you're a native English speaker who wouldn't know what it feels like), it just sounds damn cool:
youtube.com/watch?v=_g6YxkSqL20

Edited with better link

english gay af

sage

>English
>ching chong languages
>slavic languages
>pleasant

>expat

no, you are a dirty immigrant nigel

Hello where are the doscussion about Finnish :D

Why is your flag exactly the same as Tajikistan except without the crown?

your queen wanted to wear the crown while sucking my dick

>Australian """English"""
>top of the list
youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ
ABSOLUTELY PLEASANT CUNT

Let me fix that for you.

>Finnish
>Japanese
>Australian English
>British English
>Korean
>Italian
>French
>Portuguese
>Spanish
>Norwegian
>Swedish
>Romanian
>Canadian English
>American English
>German
>Indonesian
>Ukrainian
>Russian
>Scottish English
>Greek
>Turkish
>Irish English
>SA English
>Tagalog
>Dutch
>Polish
>Danish
>Hindi
>Hebrew
>Arabic
HUGE POWER GAP
>Wu Chinese
>Mandarin
>Cantonese
>Thai
>Vietnamese

t. Vietnamese learner

>Australian English still this high
HOW?
Also South African English needs to be on this list, just above British and below Japanese.

It is on the list. It's really not that great.

>Australian English not shit tier

Absolute madman. I've lived here my entire life and sometimes I have to take a step back and think about how retarded we all sound. This literally happened to me yesterday when I was talking to the guy putting in a new shower head for me.

>British
>Australian

When will this meme finally die? They honestly sound like dogshit Chinese-tier when they speak.

Aussies are glorious

youtube.com/watch?v=bP_lFmQ3F4I

Cantonese chinese and vietnamese are much more annoying to listen to than mandarin.

youtube.com/watch?v=e73btaVo868

But OP said Cantonese was more annoying though.

If all you're saying is that Viet is more annoying than Mandarin then you might have an argument, I almost feel like Vietnamese people are mocking the way east asians speak when they just speak normally.

You bitter shut the fuck up otherwise I'd come to your kutchen and distroy your sunk.

How could it possibly be worse than a London accent?

Amerikka lohv Aus

I'm just saying cantonese should be much further down on that infographic.

She sounds American at times, I don't like it.

To my ears there is little difference among different dialects of english, and british english isn't particularly attractive at all.
I use english just because it's useful, not because I actually like it.
I like the most the sound of brazilian portugese, french, japanese, russian, spanish.
I dislike germanic languages, but not german itself (had a german gf, so any time I hear german my heart melts)

This is complete garbage.

Clearly made by a Brit or some sort of elitist English speaking faglord.

It's at the very bottom. Are you saying you want it to visually much further down? Like a huge gap to show people that the Cantonese people committed crimes against the human ear?

Brother, you might need to cool your jets.

>Like a huge gap to show people that the Cantonese people committed crimes against the human ear?
Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

no bully

I think most people agree that the 6 tones in Cantonese are pretty appalling for music. The only time Cantonese ever sounded cool was when Pai Mei spoke it, and that was because it made him sound like he was possessed by a demon. Cantonese in every day speech just sounds like asian people making fun of asian culture. Very disgraceful.

el chicano ladies and gentlemen

>NEW ZEALAND
>VOWELS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

youtu.be/hkmeoYKYctw

>PNW english

Wtf even is that? It's not an accent.

Kiwis GTFO, your accent is like the discount Aussie accent.

Shots fired.

>Kuds

Technically "no accent" is an accent BRO.

Portland represent.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtWirGxV7Q8

>New Zealand

Man if you said that in person to some New Zealanders you might get your back broken so that your own nuts can be fed to you.

Im a native Portlander. I assure you, we do not have distinctive accent different from the rest of the western US.

And American accents all sound like
>you're either going to shoot me and fuck your sister
or
>the only television everyone watched as a child were shitty infomercials.

Yours isn't exactly god tier either.

Always ask a kiwi to say "deck chairs" and you'll be laughing like a madman.
Dick pucks

Wow, I didn't know there were so many different English languages.

What does that sound like? DICK CHURRS? DICK CHORES?

>People actually talk like this

Deck chairs.