Irish will be a fully fledged language of the EU by 2022, and the drive is on to recruit translators...

>Irish will be a fully fledged language of the EU by 2022, and the drive is on to recruit translators. Officials see it as a rare opportunity to get Irish people into EU institutions

>More than four decades after Ireland joined what was then the European Economic Community the country is about to reach another milestone in its membership of the European Union.

>In the coming months Ireland is to ramp up the number of Irish speakers working at the organisation, as Irish is due to become a fully fledged official working language by 2022.
Irish became an official language of the EU in 2007, after heavy lobbying by the government of Bertie Ahern, but a transition period, or derogation, was granted to allow time to get a sufficient number of translators in place. Following a decision last December, that transition period will be phased out.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ_67Om7F-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good. Starting te3aching it in America where your "diaspora" lives

I'm ok with this.

I mean EU is about diversity, right? I prefer Irish as a official EU language then fucking arabic or something. Besides Ireland pays money so they should have privilidges as well.

Yes of course, more Irish people in EU institutions is exactly what is needed. After all let's not forget the famine.

Wait, Irish isn't a fully fledged language of the EU yet? Goddammit, even my language, catalan, hated by my country, Spain, is official there.

Ah yes, wasting money by making the EU translate everything into your dead language, very impressive

Catalan isn't official (at least not in the same sense Irish is) you silly head. Irish is fully official but with a temporary period of derogation.

Why don't the Eternal Hibernians just accept that they're Anglo now and forget >muh heritage >muh Irish identity >muh language?

>Officials see it as a rare opportunity to get Irish people into EU institutions
You'd make for a shitty jew.

Huh? I thought UK is leaving EU so why is it becoming an official language?

Fucking kill yourself brit scum.
You killed it

Hey Anonymous,

Your post seems to be based on two faulty premises. The more pertinent one being an assumption that the UK has any bearing on this whatsoever which is something of a non sequitur. Secondly you incorrectly assume that there is any possibility that the UK will leave the EU. I hope you have found these corrections helpful and I wish you the best in your future posting endeavours.

Mise le meas,
Anonymous

Will you be teaching your niggers Irish?

There aren't a lot of blacks here.

lol

I was horrified the last time I was there.

Dublin and Cork were full of them, and Irish girls pushing prams with mulatto babies. It was revolting.

I don't think that ever happened. Those "Irish girls" were probably Polish or Russian or something tbqhwyatm.

I hope Gaeilge never dies.

The potato is right. It tends to be Poles and other Eastern Euros that do the racemixing when they move to Western countries for some reason.

This is true, back when i lived in paris my neighbour, , a russian woman had a 14yo daughter with a black dude

>official language
>minority language in the only two countries that have sizeable populations of Irish speakers

>Irish girls pushing prams with mulatto babies. It was revolting.

>official language of a member state
all it takes tbqh

this is actually french words behind these misters

SHUT IT DOWN!

basques and scots on suicide watch

Isnt polish more popular language in Ireland than irish?

Polish speakers use Polish on a daily basis more often due to their ghettoised nature. Irish speakers are greater in number but are more dispersed, with the unfortunate result that they don't have other speakers to speak it with only a daily basis.

>meanwhile we have people saying that it would be beneficial for us to learn english as our first language instead

>Sweden

Seriously, I think that if American domination goes on for 100+ years, we'll have our languages replaced by English because it will be learned as a first language at school, and French-Swedish-whatever would be quickly discarded as outdated and useless.

Basically all European languages could be more dead than Gaulish in 200 years.

>spending money on irish
Embarrassing.

Scotland improved immeasurably when we cleansed the Highlands of gaylick speakers.

Then again, Scotland has an entire germanic culture in the Lowlands which is historically separate from Highland culture. If you were to give up on Irish you'd be the biggest cucks in Europe (if you aren't already).

Literally nobody gives two shits about Gaelic in Scotland

Most of our ancestors never even spoke it

Since Ireland is irrelevant, it's okay.

only problem is irish is thought as a first language to those who don't know it as a second, which is why we're all shit at it.

it should be taught how foreign languages are

thanks japan.

Nigerian girl in my class actually spoke better Irish than most of us in the class.

Londis is a store that only operates in the British Isles so it's not in France

nah theres a londis right behind them (a store which exists in ireland)
bureau de change is always in french in european english

Who the hell even speaks Irish anymore?

The londis has a dublin bus sign too.

a lot of people

>tightening our bond to the EU

Fuck these niggers, leave and bring back protectionist policies

>posts a picture a place that isn't in ireland
>says its in ireland
??

honestly this. nothing will be gained from having a bunch of translaters sitting in an office in brussels translating
that is in ireland
>londis
>dublin bus station
>bureau de change not currency exchange

>Scotland improved immeasurably when we cleansed the Highlands of gaylick speakers

the eternal genociding anglo who lies as well

forgot to finish the first part of my post
>translating legislation for 6 billion refugees
>english calling anyone cucks

I know I was hoping for (you's)
stated it already

god now i want a breakfast sandwich from londis

>tfw Ireland is the only independent celtic nation

The elderly.

a lot of people

One day, my breton friend.

samefag