Brit moving to Spain to be lazy

I recently came across some money and now have about £50,000 (64,000 Euro) in my bank account. I am considering (perhaps recklessly) moving to a cheap area of Spain and living off my savings to escape the monotony of office work in the UK. At a stretch this amount of money would last 3 years in a small flat in England (outside London, obviously). I assume big important cities like Barcelona and Madrid are most expensive. So a few questions:

1) Where will my money last the longest in Spain? (Where is cheapest to rent)
2) Will I be able to get by with low/intermediate Spanish? (I am NOT a complete novice, I am still learning)
3) How easy is it to get a job teaching English? (I have a shitty TEFL qualification)
4) Does this sound like a stupid idea? I hope after my money runs out in a few years I will have secured a job.

Other urls found in this thread:

fotocasa.es/vivienda/foz/parking-terraza-trastero-zona-comunitaria-piscina-fonte-da-cruz-138243151?opi=1&tti=1&pagination=1&rowgrid=3&tta=7&tp=1
zoopla.co.uk/overseas/flats/spain/?results_sort=lowest_price
awanderingcasiedilla.com/2015/06/01/i-lived-in-a-spanish-village-for-8-months-and-it-changed-me-forever/
thelocal.es/20160602/brits-could-lose-right-to-live-in-spain-warns-rajoy-brexit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. TOWNS of castilla...hellholes desu but very cheap
2.yes
3. i dont know
4.no. UK is a shithole. Is pretty normal yyou want to live in a country like spain.

some cities in the north(galicia for example) are very cheap too...you can rent a nice appartament for 300-350 euros.

>tfw no money

You should buy an apartment. They are not very expensive there.

If I can get one for as low as 40k euros, I will.

I don't think an englishman would want to move to Galicia when basically it has the same weather. Only summers are a better and they are a lotery. And unless he is from Wales or Scotland he would have to deal with more rain.

summmers are good here, and winters are less cold and raining that uk. in addition, he wants to stay in a cheap place, he didnt say anything about weather.

in some towns of galicia yes, you can buy an apartamment for 40-50k euros.

fotocasa.es/vivienda/foz/parking-terraza-trastero-zona-comunitaria-piscina-fonte-da-cruz-138243151?opi=1&tti=1&pagination=1&rowgrid=3&tta=7&tp=1

Nope, Galicia is by far more rainy than England, even Santiago is almost three times rainier than London and about the summers, last august was absolutely shit. Also, I have been to London many times and when I walked around wearig a shitt you could see everybody wearing jackets, it's not that cold unless you live in Coruña or Vigo that indeed have warmer winters.

Cool! I would prefer the south coast though, I thought this was the poorest (and therefore cheapest?) area of Span, Andalucia.

Andalucía has a lot of tourism so properties are way more expensive.

Just looking online, Valcenia looks pretty damn cheap:

zoopla.co.uk/overseas/flats/spain/?results_sort=lowest_price

Those places look terrible.

why not madrid , bilbao or barcelona?.. i live in madrid and i want to live in barcelona because i am young and catalans they have many electronic festivals

The whole point is I want to live in the cheapest place I can find so long as it has running water and a couple of power sockets. No soy un hombre rico mi hermano.

Then rent a flat.

not op but how do i get job in Spain and Spanish girlfriend?

by being anything but Spanish

Not secure enough. If I buy I know it's mine forever (potentially). Is there property tax in Spain? If not I would have virtually no costs besides bills/food after buying a place.

this,
unemployment is dropping but is not a good moment to come here....maybe in few years

>Is there property tax in Spain?

Yeah, it's called IBI, it's a percentage of the official value of the property. Then you have to pay other local tax, like water/waste collection taxes.

>not buying a house for peanuts in alpine slovenia

>Slovenia

How much approx. is it for a small apartment? I assume not very much.

Yes

in my opinion slovenia is pretty good

nice try Pedro you can't get rid of us so easily

honestly here brits are top tier but your tourists are awful lad

It's not much, around 350€ at most.

per year?

350 € is really cheap, here in madrid +800€

month sry

Yea, around 100 every semester in a village/small city and considering the piss poor flats he checked out I doubt he would pay more than 150 euros for the IBI.

I'm talking about local taxes.

Pedro,go to Gdansk (Poland)

Here you will pay a 240 euro per month for a 1-room flat with decent equipment.

Food will cost you around 150 euro per month

Fuck western europe,only Słowiańskie nations

Literally the only problem with this is learning how to sczcszcscz.

No problem, every young man in Gdansk is sprechen zie Englischen.

Did I mention that our girls lOVEs Espaniol torreadoros ? Since Euro 2012.

>Did I mention that our girls lOVEs Espaniol torreadoros ?

our girls are so similar

If you really want to get more bang for your buck why not just go to Asia or Latin America?

too far, i won't be able to see my mummy or daddy

You should take a look at this story, OP:

awanderingcasiedilla.com/2015/06/01/i-lived-in-a-spanish-village-for-8-months-and-it-changed-me-forever/

It's about a New York jewess who found a job in literally-where third-world Extremadura and loved it there.

> 1) Where will my money last the longest in Spain? (Where is cheapest to rent)
By far in small inland towns. Forget big cities like Madrid or Barcelona if you want cheap rent. The coast is also full of speculation (and rich Britbongs who contribute to that speculation), but you may have luck if you look at less popular coastal towns, as long as it's not on the Balearic islands or whatever.

> 2) Will I be able to get by with low/intermediate Spanish? (I am NOT a complete novice, I am still learning)
Yes, and if you go to a small town, people will have the patience to teach you and will likely be excited at the prospect of showing their local culture and gastronomy to a Britfag.

> 3) How easy is it to get a job teaching English? (I have a shitty TEFL qualification)
I don't think there are a lot of native English teachers in small town Spain. The average Spaniard's level of English is abysmal.

> 4) Does this sound like a stupid idea? I hope after my money runs out in a few years I will have secured a job.
It would be far more stupid to leave the South of Europe for the cold dark North in order to escape office work.

>Did I mention that our girls lOVEs Espaniol torreadoros ?
your country have skinheads, many spaniards have been attacked in poland recently...i love your country but i dont want to die

Can I live confortably in Poland with 5k Euros monthly ?
What´s the price range of a flat in a city where language won´t be a barrier ?

people thinks that you are racist with us and girls treat us like a muslim

>ser español con barba
>todas las chicas son tuyas

This I like Poland but it seems you are now in full nazi mode, wich is not bad at all if its not against euro citizens.

Spanish people are racist to us white people and discriminate us because we burn in the sun

You can live like a king in 99% of the world with 5k€/month.

No spanish guy I ever known would attack or socially isolate a white european because he burns in the sun lol

It's more like friendly banter if something

>Spanish people are racist to us white people and discriminate us because we burn in the sun
is funny lad.. dont balme meXD

da fuck. you must have been in shitty place,like east Poland... dont go there,unless you want to die, silly pumpkin. Gdansk is a place for you
You would live like a king here for only 1000 euro per month. In the main part of Gdansk,like Wrzeszcz or Oliwa .

Go find it yourself :) There are shit people everywhere in the world, Poland has it too,but I must say i feel comfy for living here.

Just going with my gf for a walk. We usually dont even close our doors ,its fuckin good place to live ( ofcourse there are some better and worse places in Gdansk.

Dont try to rent a flat in nowy port, orunia dolna or dolny wrzeszcz , everywhere else youre pretty secure and based

Only brits burn for some reason, scandis get orange.

a friend told me spanish people have some kind of yearly rite in spring in which they profess there love to the sun god in order for really hot summers, that keep sun burning whiteys away

It's just banter bro, you may tease us about Gibraltar or something

kek, 6. it's so fucking true, barbarians truly don't know how to properly drink alcohol

>i will move to lithuania , soon lad ...
i want a white gf

fucking racists

This is stupid, anyway, and untrue. Most Spaniards, at least in my region, will get sunburns if they don't use the protection cream.

The problem with tourists is that they come here very pale (and we are already more or less toasted. We live here, you know :/ ), and many of them don't use protection and spend hours on the sun. They just don't know what they are dealing with.

>Catalans
>white
I've seen the barcelona team you charlatan

There are a lot of foreigners in the FC Barcelona. And even if they were locals, I don't see how a football team represents 7 million people (or about 3, if you only take in account the "pure" natives)

>xavi
>fabregas
>white

yeah, ok, those are a little bit swarthoid. But It's always a matter of cherrypicking.

Look, I don't get where are you trying to get to. Are you some butthurt friegaplatos?

no not really it's just bants

al punto

i like you

t. madrileño

>Are you some butthurt friegaplatos?
probably, he is...london is full of them

>move to spain
fucking friegaplatos lad

We know.

Anyway, get your visa / residence card / double nationality before Brexit sends a million of British refugees back home thelocal.es/20160602/brits-could-lose-right-to-live-in-spain-warns-rajoy-brexit