1. Country

1. Country
2. How good is the math education in your country?

Sweden
It's shit early years gets slightly better later

Depends on the school, its pretty easy going in elementary but at highschool it can be ridiculous cancer, mainly because we learn so much useless shit.

also that teacher kek, reading comprehension

horrible, I can´t even remember multiplication tables and I´m pretty sure it´s not my fault

Fucking boring, but exam is so easy. So I love mathematics.

flag
fucking shit
our education system in general is fucked

Shit

not bad but not good either, the problem come from the lack of knowledge in theaching

Why are burgers so fucking retarded?

Math education in France is ok. I don't how good we are compared to other european country.

>turkish education system
its utter shit

Its an american teacher I think they know more about fast food than you m8

Flag
Varies by demographic

The quality of education goes down in direct proportion to the amount of non-asian minorities present because seemingly without failure brown and black kids (especially black kids) seem to have an attitude of "wherever I am, I must also disrupt" and half of the class time is devoted to chimp wrangling instead of teaching.

t. attended both kinds of school

Pretty fine. Some of the Soviet math schools are still intact, and the mathematics departments in universities remain strong.

Rather okay.
Teachers are pure shit most of the time though, but the program is strong. Lately some calculator shit has been introduced in highschool, which is not that good.
Compared with 20 or 30 years ago it has become easier.

Eastern Europe has the best maths standards in teaching.

It's ok I think. They re-introduced limits and derivatives in HS too.

I think matura's too easy though, it's a joke you only need 30% to pass.

american education is literal garbage

Let's go

flag
Varies hugely, I went to a shitty state school in Bradford but I had a really good teacher who loved her job. Meanwhile some of my mates at uni who went to boarding schools in the home counties can't even work out basic shit like percentages for any number not ending in a five.
The only direct comparison I have internationally is an american lass who moved here at 14, she found the maths easy at first but when it started to pick up in A level she really started to slip.

Here you have to do maths up to GCSE level (15/16 years old). Maths A level is optional and if you are top set or did a fast track GCSE or something you can do Further Maths A level too. Most people don't even pass GSCE though, iirc.

Also, kind of related, do your countries have standardised exams like the UK does? I know the US doesn't, how does that work? Do exams get marked in school or what?

You do an elliptical coordinate transformation, and the rest is simple.

I know, though I used spherical.

>tfw I thought Oblicz calke and gdzie was part of the formula but it's really just Polish
Your language is so fucking ugly.

Or maybe you can't read Cleetus

I don't think our maths education is as good as it could be because we don't spend enough time teaching it.

especially in the early years, maths should be taught every day.

Elementary and lower high school (1-10) is horrible due to having no segregation at all regarding skills. It's fun times, but you learn next to nothing. Even though I skipped one grade, it was easy.
You also have to share classroom with literal mouth breathers since they have the same right to attend class as anyone else.

High school years 11 to 13 is okay, but you are in reality not prepared to attend universities later (STEM fields that is).

They stopped teaching limits and derivatives in Poland for a while? That's retarded.

I'm the only person I know that knows long division.

Yeah, for like ~6 years. I missed them for example.

Scotland

It's not taught particularly well, it's more by rote early on, with very little emphasis put on problem solving etc. And then the classes get streamlined into higher and lower level groupings, so the people who don't do well early on never really get the opportunity to catch up and improve. However if you are in the streamlined classes and take it all the way to your final year it does set you up quite well for STEM subjects at uni

Actually the 30% is a meme. It's intentional so that 70% is left to measure ability of the students that passed.

1. Hueland

"Joãozinho put balls in boxes numbered 1 to 2016. He did in a way the total number of balls, in whatever 5 consecutive boxes, was always the same. Below are the amounts of balls in some boxes; the drawing also shows that Joãozinho put 3 and 7 balls in two neighbor boxes. How many balls did he put on the last box?"

>they reintroduced limits and derivitives
w-what are those?

I learned and forgot it because calculators do it faster and more reliably, nerd

is it 7?

not sure if memeing, underage, literal high school drop out or if American high schools suck

>Joãozinho
stopped reading right there

You relearn everything every year because once the test is over it dosen't matter, until the next class starts of course

it's 3 m8
2016 = 1 mod 5

I didn't learn those too ;_;

like integrals, but the opposite

I really hate math I'm so bad at it.

I bought a nice calculator, learned it inside and out and cheesed math class
The nicest calculators have fast algebra solvers and I was never not allowed to use it

It felt like cheating sometimes tbqh

yeah, and the first number in the sequence of five is 7, the last is 3, because 7 follows 3

nevermind you're right

Has betting constantly worse for the last 30 years.
We use to have basically one the best if not the best high school math program and now we suck ass. You are literally need 2 more years of uni now to get the same content if you major in math.

wait no you're not, you just confused me it's 7
box 5 has to have 3 and box 6 has to have 7 which is the same as 2016

which was my answer

I'm retarded that's literally what you said nad I didn't
I'm keeping this up for the shame and leaving this thread

>18
>graduated 3 weeks ago
>took 2 low level courses, a medium level course, and a high level course (filled with kids a year younger) in HS
Tfw degree concerning math is basically unattainable without absurd effort on my part
Looks like it's time to major in CS :^)

You'd better be joking nigger

>I'm bad at math
Means the same thing as "i'm stupid" desu

Pretty good I think, though we put more emphasis on Irish than maths. Everyone has to learn about integrals, so at least we're ahead of the US and most other countries.

France's Fields Medals per capita is incredible, so you must be doing something right. I hear the level of the maths programs at the Ecoles is insane too

>other countries give people a non joke education
>they then come here so they can actually make money
It's worked for 60 years
No real reason to change

I'm a student teacher. From year 11 onwards we teach integration and differentiation. Additionally the is an elective advanced maths class where we teach imaginary numbers and linear algebra.

From what I've learnt from exchange students:
Maths education is better in Germany than here,
Maths education is worse in the USA than here,
Japanese in the earlier years are smarter than Australians yet their education gets shit in later highschool (apparently their universities are shit too)

>1. Country
Flag

>2. How good is the math education in your country?
Shit

Former Confederate States, in the Mountains to be specific where the Rednecks are

Considering that we got a 25 point curve on the end of the year test and the highest grade was an 85, I'd say pretty good.

Variable

Basic shit that's required if you don't care, a lot of higher level and college courses if you do

i learned in fourth class and never used it again
no idea how its done now