What do you do with your old smartphones?

What do you do with your old smartphones?
I got two perfectly functional Android phones that are just collecting dust.

Im not sure exactly, but look into installing GNUROOT on android, with it you get a nice linux environment, you can install virtually any package which is compiled to armhf, and for example run a tomcat server and run your java-based webapps

Leave them at the bus stop.

I smash it with a hammer and throw the pieces in the trash

Well my older phones weren't smartphones.

>run your java-based webapps
What is wrong with you?

Why do you own a new phone if your previous one is still working fine? Just use the old one until it no longer works.

Beowulf Cluster

fap

I'm going to get a new one even though my current one is still working fine, because software compatibility man. They won't support those older versions of the OS forever. Although in my case it is simply Ubuntu Touch being abandoned and never getting a port of wire, the chat app I like to use.

I don't want share my contacts with strangers.

Every two years I renew my contract with my carrier and basically get a free phone.

> What do you do with your old smartphones?
Small present for low-income acquaintances.

> Every two years I renew my contract with my carrier and basically get a free phone.
You basically are paying for a luxury contract that you probably don't need. in that case.

I use them as tablets.
I have one with google installed so I can check my bank account and transfer money to people. I call it my payphone.

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't know custom roms
my s4 mini came with 4.2 now using 7.1.2, even if you get a new phone you know it will get stuck on a certain version, right?

I set them on fire in a delapotaded building, and walk away towards the sunset without looking back.

make horrendous hammer tests and upload to youtube while your overgrown dirty fingernails and brown hand is clearly visible

>I pay so I get stuff for free

I use my old phone as a gps tracker for rollerblading so I know how fast and far I went. I use the MyTracks app for this but sometimes it doesn't track for a while and just draws a stupid straight line between two points. Is there any other good gps track app I can try?

Do people actually do this?

You'd figure a board for technology enthusiasts wouldn't be keen on using obsolete technology.

Put them in a drawer