Which is the greatest notebook ever made?

which is the greatest notebook ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12-Inch 1-1.5 GHz LCD panel upgrade/3117
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

T470p

ASUS Zenbook

W520
(and it ain't even close)

nothing made by Lenovo

fuck off retards

Macbook pro :^)

IBM Thinkpad G40
The glawk fowty
this is my problem solver right here

If only if it had a better battery and screen. The comfiest Lenovo Thinkpad ever made, the rubberized keyboard and palmrest is the best.

what do you get as far as battery life on an x300?assuming new battery.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

2-3 hours on linux and maybe more on windows. There's also the bay battery but those are rare. And the screen is dogshit by modern standard. Don't get one to actually use, it's a nice collector piece.

you're DISHONEST!
THROTTLING

>Lenovo

it's shit

Mmmm... my 17" 1Ghz is still rocking.

x120e
:3

t60p with flexview was a favorite of mine. just pulled it out to revisit.. The screen and its ratio are still amazing

chromebook pixel

this

the x220 of it's time. still have the 15" one. great machine and tiger was comfy af.

This was my first laptop. The backlight died after about seven years, but I still have it lying around somewhere.

way too big

Then show us the way, user.

If you have the newer 12" one you can swap the stock screen with a 1400x1050 IPS panel for an x60t or x61t

i found a w530 for 608 usd should i buy ?

I can stick a 12" x60T LCD right into the powerbook's display case? That sounds comfy. I don't actually have an practical use for a laptop with PPC architecture but that sounds like a fun project.

>nothing by Lenovo
>doesn't suggest anything
great post faggot

Yeah, I've been meaning to do it to mine for a while
ifixit.com/Guide/PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12-Inch 1-1.5 GHz LCD panel upgrade/3117

Aw, I don't have a soldering iron. I'm pretty much only equipped to change iphone batteries and reapply thermal paste atm. I guess I'll add that to my list of cool shit to do when I finall set up a soldering station.

Way too much

T60p

This in 15". Mine is still going with MorphOS

>can barely run any useful modern technology
Yeah, if you're stuck in the mind of a mid 2000's code monkey.

Pic related has surpassed the need for any other notebook.

Enjoy your jewellery book, you puff faggot.

This. It even has a frying pan feature.

>rosegold
>jewelry

>no XPS 13
This is how you know that Sup Forums has turned to absolute complete shit.

The Macbook Pro™ 2014.

Gigabyte aero 15. 5mm bezel so it's like a 14inch footprint. Full numpad. 94kwh battery. Gtx 1060. 16gb-32gb ram i7 7700hq. And .7 inches thick.

Can you guys post some laptops that arn't for completely poor people? Mac fags not welcome. Thanks!

Last gen razer bpade 14 from ebay can get them for like 700 dollars. Great laptops. Very portable as well.

idk how I feel about gaming laptops. Im a college student, and I don't really play games. So i am never gonna do anything intensive such as gaming. Any other suggestions?

Then literally get a thinkpad

If you've got money to spend you can always refurbish a used one. Replace the case with completely new parts, get a new battery, get a nice and large SSD. Make sure you have a good screen.

If you're not doing anything intensive such as gaming, I can honestly say an X220 is more than enough. I added a bit of RAM so I have 8GB, and I can run basically anything I want, including libreoffice, eclipse, etc., with no problems. I have an IPS screen (I heard the TNs are dogshit) and the i7 model. Fantastic.

Since you probably want something less portable but with a bigger screen, try a T420. It's the equivalent but bigger and with better specs. Again, you can upgrade the storage, make sure you're using the best screen, get a brand-new case and battery, etc.

Advantages / why not buy a newer one:
>can be easily repaired/upgraded. I think the xx30 range may have soldered CPUs, for instance. The newest models are outright slim-meme.
>keyboard. Newer models - starting with xx30 - have chinklet shit. xx20 ones have a proper keyboard.
>trackpoint. Not having to move your hand down from the keyboard to swipe around a trackpad is amazing (although personal taste does vary in this regard).

Reasons why you'd want something newer (and why they're not good reasons):
>components already worn down: it's a thinkpad, you can always replace anything that breaks. Besides, the build quality is another big selling point of thinkpads, so even with a model as old as an xx20 you usually won't have to worry about it falling apart in your hands even if you don't refurbish anything.
>specs are worse: like I said, if you don't do anything super-intensive, you'll be absolutely, perfectly fine. On my ultraportable X220 I can start compiling something then go play some retarded browser game with no problems whatsoever. And the T-series has better specs.

Also, you can always get an external GPU using the expresscard slot if you need it someday.

Stuff like that IS NOT exclusively gaming laptops. This annoys me when people say this. They are gaming capable. They are also video editing capable. 3d modelling/CAD capable. photo editing capable. And everything else you can think off they are enthusiast machines. These machines will be able to handle EVERYTHING for 4-5 years if you take care of it easily.

T430

Should be half that at most

T60

>soldered RAM
this is how you know Sup Forums has turned to shit

If you need to upgrade your RAM then your laptop is already shit and you need to upgrade that instead

With this mentality you might as well buy a macbook.

It's true though. What the fuck is upgrading your RAM going to do for you in the year 2017 and beyond?

Sometimes you only use your laptop for e.g. dev work because you have a better machine for gaming or similar. So you want a portable
machine with decent specs.

Unfortunately most low-end laptops also come with laughable amounts of ram. You can probably work in 2-4GB, but upgrading literally costs like $25 and you'll never have to worry again, so why not?

>getting baited by the smiley with a carat nose

'sup faggots

confirming best laptop

- Posted from my Dell XPS 13

Can you guys actually run modern software on these things? The specs look like they'd struggle to run latest firefox on a normal DE.
Are you basically limited to specifically running only particularly lightweight shit or can you actually do day-to-day stuff without worrying too much?

>tfw just got one
Feels good to be a patrician

A core 2 duo with 4GB memory is more than enough to do internet browsing. Hell, I'm posting in firefox on an x120e right now.

What about something like a heavy DE, or an office suite?

Dell Inspiron 1500 is what I am using for photo editing

Easily

Nice.

Can confirm. Running a core2duo at 3ghz and it runs everything just fine.

x60 tablet

if I could gut it and put in a new CPU I would, but otherwise it's damn near perfect

shame the hardware isn't supported via modern drivers anymore (on windows)
I'd install gnu and get it over with but >muh art programs

macbook pro with redass display

Acer e5 is nice
give me bumps pls

Have fun being jewed like crazy faggot

>acer
>ever
Just looked at it and it seems like the same badly designed creaky housefire that acer always makes

hey untermenschs.

I have an IBM ThinkPad R60 and a Lenovo ThinkPad T400. Both are pretty good and they run Debian with Openbox. I also enjoy my old PowerPC MacBooks. I have a 12 inch PowerBook G4 running OS X Tiger and 14 inch PowerBook G3 with Mac OS 9.

I also have a 2006 Intel 13 inch white MacBook and a 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro. Both are kinda shit though. The 2006 is slow as fuck and is collecting dust. I might Libreboot it and install Gentoo or something. The 2011 is my main laptop (posting from it now) and it gets really hot. It does get about 6-7 hours of battery life even with Sierra.

I use my ThinkPad T400 as a second desktop for old games and shitposting. It has a P8400 and 4GB of memory. Something like KDE would run like shit on it but LXDE and XFCE work well enough and Firefox, Libre Office, and GIMP all work pretty good too.

What's the point? You could build a desktop that kicks its ass for 60-70% of the price.

Why do people waste money on gaming laptops? Just buy a dell with high specs and put a "I

>Mac OS 9
for what purpose? do you have nostalgia for losing appleworks documents to fatal system errors?
>2011 13 inch MacBook Pro
Aren't those the ones with the defective integrated graphic, or was the just the 15 inch?

>old macbooks
For what purpose? Other than collecting stuff or nostalgia I guess.

Sorry but adding 4GB of RAM to a 10 year old laptop isn't going to magically make it a relevant computer

The most overshilled notebook of modern times. Looks like shit, performs like shit, it's shit. Fuck off.

Son, I'm producing music using Ableton Live 9 with a bunch of VSTs on a [email protected] and everything runs fine.

>mfw I want an old thinkpad now
I bought an X220 recently and now I have to live with ME. On the bright side I can play minecraft full speed, woo fucking hoo

What does me mean?

2570p?

X200

Intel Management Engine

Thanks kindly user

whats the triangle for

Nothing comes close to the god-tier machine that is the ThinkPad T420.

>glorious Sandy Bridge-era CPUs which still outperform whatever meme Intel came out with recently
>last T-series with the meme-free keyboard
>runs every OS from Memedows to Linux to even Mac OS if you're into that
>can be taken apart with a single screwdriver
>takes in quad core i7s with hyperbreadings
>takes in so much RAM you'll be spamming threads on Sup Forums for weeks
>supports Coreboot
>supports Ivy Bridge with Coreboot
>can disable ME with Coreboot
>can use external GPUs
>has all the IO you could ever need with an ExpressCard slot to add more

*2*-series ThinkPads continue to put other laptops to shame to this day.

>Nothing comes close to the god-tier machine that is the ThinkPad T420.
My X220 begs to differ

It has almost all of the above (only with dual-core i7 with hyperthreading), and in an ultraportable 12" form factor to boot.

Well X220 doesn't count, it's like T420's cute little brother.

you forgot your god tier resolution

Have you seen the x62?

Late 2013 rMBP

>throttling overheating pile of shit
>best anything

I wish Macbooks were still as goregous as this.

>k...kill me

last good apple laptop is the 2012 non-retina 15 inch MacBook Pro

Sexy. I just impulse bought one to use as a beater laptop.

>last good
You can't have a last if there was never a first.

xD

Denying the impact Apple had on laptops is basically the same idiocy as praying to Steve Jobs, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

>t. mactoddler

I thought Sup Forums hated ultrabooks