Saturday Night /guts/

Post'em fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/but_there
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

feels comfy being all amd nao.

monitor is a asus mg279q. 1440p ips freesync 144hz. sold my gsync 1440p tn panel for it. i'm pretty impressed with the sapphire 580 limited edition. some reviews said it didn't keep 1450mhz and hovered around 1410 - 1430mhz range, but mine sticks to 1440-1450. i guess they just had shit cooling in their case.

bring back the lan party

found an old pic, halfway through the upgrade.

what gpu?

p cool

390°x
got the 580, nice.
>some reviews said it didn't keep 1450mhz and
hovered around 1410 - 1430mhz range
This is why I always set 110% power limit and do a custom fan curve on my cards.

m.2 drives are so cool.

looking forward to the day I get NAS, and only need the m2

The lanparty is safely stored in the "To win when called upon" box at this moment. Kind of miss it already desu, senpai :3

And the Zen is actually not currently in use neither, gonna wait and see if bios updates fixes the OC and ram issues during this summer, if not I'm selling it.

Right now I use a Rampage 3 Extreme that a friend gave me with a i7 950 @ 4ghz. Waiting on a e5649 thats on the way and a EK Supremacy copper I bought used dirt cheap :)
Will get a guts pic of it when the new parts arrive.

Turned out pretty nice, how's loadtemps on your i5?
I had a 3770k for a short period some years ago, that fuck was hotter than satans ass after chipotle night.

Btw, did the mounting of the CM cooler have a funny smell to you? Mine kind of smelled like shit. Good cooling for the price I paid tho, was 70% off.

Pretty cool lighting for once :) I normaly cant stand that shit.

If I decide to keep the poo system, I'll probably get a Vega card when they become available on a sale sometime later this year.
And a 960 evo SSD, didn't know they came in the evo line, 100% regret getting the 850 pro.

need more nudes

any overclock on the 580?

i haven't really bothered yet. for the most part its been maintaining its boost speed of 1450 and i've been more than happy with it. one of the reasons why i got it was to already have high clocks by default. i know jay2centz did a review with it and he was able to get his a little over 1500mhz stable.

i don't know why some of the major review sites like techpowerup and tweaktown reported such low boosting with the nitro limited edition. mine, and others i've watched on youtube have had a complete 180 with it. only thing i could guess is tech and tweak must have had shitty case airflow or something. same with temps too. mine stays well under 75c. averaging around 68c with at least doom - vulkan and bf1 - dx12. those have been the toughest titles i've thrown at it.

only thing outdated about pic related is that I placed in, two 140mm Rosewill stock like fans in the front.

>2.72v
>3.8GHz

Damn'it CPU-Z, fix your shit.

Anyone know where I can get a bracket or something to unfuck the GPU? It's sagging a lot now...

Why did you downgrade to a 580 mang?

The 1080s are nice, am able to get 2.1ghz and 11ghz memory. About 10-20 fps better than my 980tis but I really really enjoy having more VRAM since I play everything at 4k. I never knew how much the 6gb was holding me back

lmao this fool brought his computer outside for a picture yet still takes the photo on a potato im dying guys hahaha

If you don't like it then buy him a camera.

Sent

can i ask how you deal with the insane pump noise from the hybrid's clc?

why you need a custom loop for a shitty cpu that cant even overclock

i do game, but i'm not as serious as i use to be. i mostly play games in window mode anyways at 1080p or lower and the 580 is a beast for 1080. and really, for some odd reason i just like the 480's and 580's. its more fun seeing how well a midrange card can run games than it is a highend... since you kinda except the highend to plow through everything. while something like a 580 gives you that whoa. like doom - vulkan @ 1440p i'm getting 80-120fps. ~90 average. before i bought my 1080 i had two 480's in crossfire and i regreted selling them.

plus i made a profit back selling my 1080 and gsync display.

(You)

Well pretty much nobody NEEDS a custom loop, but I have parts from old systems and I like to overclock so why not?

The cpu isn't shitty in any regard, and it can overclock as you clearly can see from the picture, blindfag. What's holding the overclock back is the motherboard and its shitty bios. I will wait and see if they fix it with updates or else probably sell it..

Why don't you post your guts user, since you're already here shitposting?

>plus i made a profit back selling my 1080 and gsync display.
even after buying my 1440p freesync display and rx 580

What pump noise?

I presume you have the fan spinning at full speed to mask the sound then. The EVGA CLC pump is incredibly noisy.

you must think I unplugged my pc to take my pc outside and then taking a picture, because that's not it. my pc was already unplugged after swapping out parts. outside is a good place to take pictures, the backgrounds are nice and the lighting looks good, but you probably don't know much about the outside or lighting ya basement dweller :)

butthurt much?

does it sound like butthurt? well nothing I can do there

Ordered 2 nzxt aer p fans and amazon sent me 2 of the aer rgb kits with 2 140mm fans and hue controller instead. They're worth $90 each and I only paid $30 all together.

>mg279q
Are you having problems with an area of the screen lagging behind the rest of the monitor or tearing? I want to chalk it as a problem related having to two monitors, but I'm not sure

Anyone know any really small cases that fit a normal ATX build? an mITX case would be great but those dont fit standard ATX mobos. runnin caseless at the moment. any ideas?

>Nuka Cola
pleb

here ya go

I feel like I need a shower.

>how's loadtemps on your i5
You know what, I didn't remember. left small fft running while I shitposted. Not great for 4ghz but overall it's fine.

What board is that?

Defensive much?

Installed the other 2. Still can't believe I got these for $9 each

>Attacks guys build
>Woah man, why are you being so defensive about it
I usually come here just to browse, but you are actually retarded.

I see AM1 as well as Gigabyte's little wording they do on their boards.

>390x
>550w psu
The absolute madman

Postin

At least it has sata

horrible expensive desu

aliexpress.com/item/but_there is_a_built_thing/32669550531.html

I can't into cable management

5820K @ 4Ghz, 980Ti, 16Gb of ram and a 500gb SSD with 2x2tb HDDs in raid 1 for important coursework

you said guts but all i see are cables

Yeah, thats not too bad :)

How is that pump regarding noise?

ECS Kam1-l
Cost me a whopping 10$ new

I run it on minimum power - it's a d5 PWM so it's really powerful.
I got it used though, still my rig isn't audible and the temps are great.
It gets very loud at high RPMS not because of the pump as much but the sloshing of the water in the reservoir

Nice deepcool

its on the verge of being a sold clean looking build. all it needs is the cables to be cleaned up a bit. i know you can do better than that man.

i don't think so... i haven't noticed anything like that... well i take that back. i did, when i had the monitor set to 60hz when i was playing doom - vulkan. setting it to anything higher than 60hz took away the lag / tearing.

so if i think i know what you're talking about, see if the monitor is set to 60hz. also if you enable freesync in the monitor menu, it auto sets the monitor to 60hz. which is actually bad since freesynz range is 35 - 90hz. so set the hz in windows to 90hz if freesync is on, or 144hz if its off.

Thanks, I may consider it if I find it cheap used :)

I could probably get it lower with manual but it needs + offset with dynamic vcore, so it doesn't get whea 19 under low load.
Hasn't had any probs yet. I'm going to stick an i7 in it and see if the psu can push it all.
Too close, can't see anything but the cooler and a blurry msi gpu

r8

dat sag

what case is that?

Why didn't you mount your SSD?

First build, cam software sucks so stuck on white lights for now. I gotta a little bit of touching up to do

What you got running in there? looks nice :)

AIO master race

1600x @3.9
16gb ddr4 2400
And a nice old rx580
Not bad for my first build I think, if Vega smashmouths Nvidia when it comes out I might pick one up

its corsair air 740

Doubt vega will, but hoping atleast they have some overclocking potential and oven voltage control and powerlimits so we can have some fun with them.

If they do, i might consider switching out my 1060 6gb.

*open volt control

Dumb question.
If I know I will never use some cables coming out of my PSU, like some sata and molex, cant I just cut them off?
I say I wont need them because next time I'm doing an overhaul of my pc I'm getting a better rated semi PSU

Yes, you can, but you have to insulate the resulting stubs to make sure that one of them doesn't touch the case and short your PSU.

Found one on amazon for $20. Hopefully it holds it up properly

Are those tubes totally stiff? What do you do if you're gonna change out you cpu or gpu?

Redo it... #RigidTubingLyfe

raelly superb

bumping with vintage guts since thread almost kill

Have that same cooler, its beastly! Got it on 60% off sale, quite a steal.