*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Seriously I've been sitting at this screen for 10 minutes what the fuck windows

>25 MB kernel
you asked for it

proprietary software is disgusting but using the reset button would fix that.

>don't turn off your computer
Fuck this I'm just going to go back to windows 7

PROTIP: by pullig the plug and turning it off again you can bypass the section where you wait for it to finish.
What Windows is doing at this state is gatherig ALL your files on EVERY HDD attachjed (even external ones or USB sticks, etc) and sending the FULL list to MS to analyze it.

By pulling the plug you do exactly that, you bypass the data gathering.
>sincerly Sup Forums

sometimes it takes hours, no idea why

got much files? see

but all my files are already on one drive..

these guys are fucking with you, in this case you can just unplug your internets - but you will see it still continues and finishes installing the update.

you do risk corrupting windows if you turn it off, happened to me but only once of all the times ive done it.

this doesn't bypass shit though, you will still be forced to update when you boot again

solution: get linux

You may have much done before and the temporary files (which are NOT deleted by default, just hidden to the user, until this screen is shown) may be accessed then.

Sup Forums is so much fun these days
not

>Posting on Sup Forums

>Using Windows

Wtf !?

finish your updates
block windows updates in the hosts file

But this is a clean install. There's only one hd attached right now and there's just the OS and and a handful of programs on there. Fuck

>falling for the windows 10

Get an SSD man, its 2017 already, my 9 year old PC doesn't take that long

"Clean install", wat build did you installed?

It's just testing to see how obedient you are. Turn it off and back on again, you'll be fine.

windows 7 does the same shit for me now, every time i've turned on my computer this past week there was some "configuring updates" bullshit

1607 Build 14393.187

just pull out the cpu and put it back in while it's running. Not trolling

You need to put water on it first, dumbass troll.
Otherwise you'll burn your fingers. Also watercooling is the best cooling mechanism ever.

>I've been sitting at this screen for 10 minutes
Why would you do a thing like that? If it's going to take a while, go do something else and check it every 15mins or so.

I only use Windows for games nowadays, and it can definitely be annoying, but fucking hell you people complain about everything. Windows has always done this. macOS and Linux system updates aren't much faster.

That's what you get for not using an SSD.

i do have an ssd in there, with only 35gb used. i said fuck it and hit the reset switch and windows didnt seem to have any issue when it booted back up

Windows is the literal example of a has-been which was ran into the ground by poos. Don't bother, evec ship now if still on board. Good luck and goodbye.

this

>updating your OS
>ever

Install gentoo

They were probably security updates for eternal blue

Learn2Win10
Who seriously leaves their Windows 10 to automatic update?

Happens all the time on my side, takes like 20 minutes to upgrade between preview builds.

Mine never gets stuck on updates because I'm not a fucking retard and I don't let the updates pile up for a few months before Windows forces me to install them.

Never had this problem on LTSB

go cook a poptart, faggot

>not using an ssd

Linux kernel with drivers is about 200 MB

$ dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Installed-Size;10}\t${Package}\n' linux-image-4.9.0-2-amd64-unsigned
182865 linux-image-4.9.0-2-amd64-unsigned

Turn off updates, retard.

>turn off updates
>get pwned by 3 year old exploit

>background download
>restart computer
>60 seconds later macos is ready

>pwned
Is this 2004?

And what are you trying to show me fucking nerd?

>182865
like what? GB? TB? Bit?

Are you stupid?

>with drivers
What do you think the same conditions mean for the Windows kernel?

>windows

>remember when windows was good?

Windows gives you a gorillian warnings these days and even lets you schedule restarts. You mist have brain damage

> get KB4016871
> it tries to install
> fails
> try-roll-back-try loop for 15 minutes

And this is how my laptop is for the past 2-3 weeks. I just hibernate since then because it's still stuck and there is no way to fix it.
Such is life with Windows 10.

kB

The point is that it still forces you to do it. It's like asking a child whether they want to get dressed now or in 10 minutes, or whether they want to wear their red jacket or their yellow one. It's a thin layer of "choice" over the underlying fact that you aren't in control of your own system anymore.

Unplug mouse and plug ball again

It's probably just worn out. Maybe you should consider soldering in a new kernel?

Should that be done before or after downloading more RAM?

This shit is why I am now using jewbuntu, that fucking retarded updating system.

That's not possible with windows 10. You need a pfsense server for this.

This is what happens when you use windows/NSA