Schizophrenia aside, how smart is he?

Schizophrenia aside, how smart is he?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JPASUa6N3uI
audio-video.gnu.org/video/Richard_Stallman/en/Other/RMS-San-Francisco-Pizza-Party-2008-08-05.ogg
blog.klipse.tech/javascript/2017/02/08/tiny-compiler-intro.html?tiny
wiki.osdev.org/Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=z_IqhnEDImI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

about 174

He wrote a fucking compiler

His programming achievements are very impressive.
Writing your own compiler and operating system is a very hard thing to do.

He's book smart, but not street smart. Almost got his ass kicked by a black dude

So did Richard Stallman, minus the mental illness thing

literally a God you CIA nigger!

>minus the mental illness thing
Not fooling anyone Richard.

>implying

he's a fucking genius

>Schizophrenia aside
it kinda pains me that its gotten way worse recently.

What mental illness does he have?
>inb4 autism

120. He never invented anything new, he just reinvented the wheel.

Good and bad balance in life. God is perfectly just!

>You have to invent something to be a genius

aspergers

High functioning autism makes Richard superior by default. And besides, Terry uses non-free software. sad!

youtube.com/watch?v=JPASUa6N3uI

what the shit did he mean by this?

>I live in a CIA prison. A nigger runs my prison. In prison, the nigger tries to torment me. We can take away his knives by confessing, every day.
iktf

You can't aside
His IQ point is 90 while average American 100

Terry is a closeted Gay Person that can't confess it to himself even because his Parents will kill him.
So he distracts himself by making up all these Conspiracies and making TempleOS.

He owns intel, I guess he is pretty fucking smart

lol

what the fucking fuck

if you count 'genius' as being able to memorize and apply known concepts. I know several 'genius' people

being able to study is one aspect of genius, the other aspect is being able to see and create what others cannot

I love terry so much now

terry bums me out, he would have absolutely been part of the founding fathers of the modern internet if he wouldn't have lost his mind... all that wasted talent while i have none and am perfectly sane

>what the fucking fuck
Glow in the dark FBI niggers. CIA niggers. Penis in vacuum cleaner.

He's clearly autistic. Not joke meme autistic but actually autistic.

terry is very social and understand social cues, it's not autism it's schizophrenia

What non-free software does he use?

>My brother, Keith, put my penis in a vacuum

it gets worse the more i read

Is it so hard to follow the reply chain?

Ubuntu

Hello 2011 reddit.

are you guys going to pretend stallman isn't also a genius? Real geniuses are always nuts.

Are you saying that temple OS would inevitably have been invented even if Terry didn't invent it?

Not smart at all, I mean he made stuff that was straight up copy and pasted.
Just because he has a ligher skintone and codes like a pajeet you guys are forgiving.

Nah, I doubt that. He's just a little quirky and goofy sometimes.

you mean 2011 Sup Forums

divine intellect

I get that same feeling. One of my friends growing up was like a programmer child prodigy, but he developed schizophrenia shortly after highschool and and killed himself.

if he didn't lose his mind he would have been employee #3423 in some pajeet tier business(Microsoft/Facebook) writing algorithms to better predict your behavior.

His contribution to society was better served through his OS and his online personality.

If you think programmers do anything to help society these days you're sadly mistaken.
The modern programmer is one of the following:
Pajeet tier developer writing CRUD operations for banks
Web developer making websites for "business professionals"
Game developer trying to scam more money out of his users

There are thousands of programmers who make their own OS every year, most realize the pointlessness of their effort and move onto something more constructive.

Just because this person was able to create a good operating system from scratch does not make him some sort of genius, it simply makes him eccentric.

If tomorrow the market demanded millions of OS developers you would see millions of people making their own OS.

that being said eccentric people have a chance at genius due to their ability to see things from a different light.

Every CS student that goes to a halfway decent program writes at least one compiler. It's really not that hard.

Probably off his meds.

>the last few notes are wrong

That's a reddit image. I can tell you what the reaction would be if you posted that here in 2011.

>founding fathers of the modern internet

He's really not that smart. Sure he would have been a sought after engineer but you can find 100 other toy OS's floating around the internet. His is only notable because of how weird it is.

-he programmed and re-programmed numerous embedded devices
-he made a fucking 3d printer
-he made a fucking compiler
-he write an OS from scratch

Smarter or at least more knowledgeable than any Sup Forums ricer faggot or koder.

butthurt CIA nigger detected, he was working on the cutting edge of technology with ticket master when he was in his prime, read his college transcripts... he was a fucking genius with a near perfect sat score, he was creative to boot

he would have been a huge figurehead if he wasn't insane, saying otherwise is your own way of coping with your mediocrity

You should be embarrassed that you don't know what he meant. Normies wouldn't understand him, but part of being on image boards requires being able to rapidly absorb new lexicons and ways of thinking, otherwise you can't adapt to a board's culture and you're left confused by everything you see there. Imagine a normie trying to understand baneposting for the first time but giving up before even taking the first step toward comprehending it. That's you, right now. Even worse in this case is that you're implicitly taking pride in your ignorance by blaming your confusion on the alleged incomprehensibility of the new system of thought you've encountered rather than accepting in humility that you're simply too fucking retarded to comprehend it. Terry's entire world view is completely and fully self-consistent and comprehensible. Taking pride in your ignorance here won't garner any sympathy, fuckface. You need to either read more of his writings and watch more of his videos until you understand what he means when he uses certain terms, or you need to accept that you're simply too retarded to figure it out and gracefully fuck off backtoreddit where you belong.

Really? A friend and his roommates hosted him for a speech and the stories I heard all involved a lack of understanding of basic social cues. Apparently it was a really awkward weekend.

Still live with parents and no girl friends no job

>near perfect sat score
I got a 1560 without studying and I'm a worthless neet. SAT scores are meaningless.

audio-video.gnu.org/video/Richard_Stallman/en/Other/RMS-San-Francisco-Pizza-Party-2008-08-05.ogg

This was back in 2008, he seems pretty socially adjusted except for the hair twirling thing.

ayy yes but he was high in conscientiousness, he has a huge ego and high opinion of himself, tons of natural confidence... he would have pushed hard and accomplished much

by all accounts, he had the perfect personality and IQ to take on the world and become a shining star, but his insanity held him back, there is no denying this

>terry built the third temple
why hasn't there been a third intifada?

>he programmed and re-programmed numerous embedded devices
Really not that hard. Embedded devices are relatively simple
>he made a fucking 3d printer
He made a CNC machine which was an existing thing at the time. Plus lots of people have done their own 3D printers at this point
-he made a fucking compiler
Not as hard as it sounds. You can find articles online that will hold your hand through it. blog.klipse.tech/javascript/2017/02/08/tiny-compiler-intro.html?tiny
-he write an OS from scratch
Again, not as hard as it sounds. You can find lots of toy os guides online.
wiki.osdev.org/Tutorials

>Smarter or at least more knowledgeable than any Sup Forums ricer faggot or koder.
Ok good point.

>insane: /inˈsān/: adjective:
>"in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction"
>"normal perception"
>"normal"
>normal: /ˈnôrməl/: noun:
>"conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected"
>conforming
>usual
>typical
>expected
>"take on the world and become a shining star"
>he would have done this if he were normal

are you pretending to be retarded on purpose?

you know what i mean you coping autismo, if it wasn't for a crippling mental illness he would have been top-tier and gone down in the history books

Now that's some delicious pasta, I must say.

Why isn't Terry the new face of Sup Forums?

>Schizophrenia aside
It's actually pretty sad, most schizophrenics are young and pretty intelligent. Terry while not young I would consider to be at the very least intelligent, he's barred of course by his mental condition, but without it I imagine he would be a successful programmer.

Except he's not really interacting socially in that video. He's mostly just monologuing his usual spiel. The stories I heard were him having trouble at hanging out at the house before and after to speech.

You guys keep pushing him

>most schizophrenics are young
You do understand that young people age and get old with the passage of time, an no part of that cures schizophrenia?

kek

What are you getting at fella, I was simply saying that most schizophrenics are young, as in they start to develop schizophrenic tendencies at a young age.

I've been watching his videos hosted on his own site and I realized I've consumed almost 1gb of his bw. I'm worried he's on some stupid plan where he'll get hit by a big bill. Anyone know anything about what he uses and if they do that?

Oh well you're probably right then

Terry isn't schizophrenic. He's a manic depressive who legitimately receives testimony from g-d.

Is Terry going to be ok guys?

Dr. Peterson, is that you?

>be civlized black dude
>walking home from your job (to support your family as an upright citizen)
>see old nutter loitering on the street every day
>wasting tax payer money on chips
>talking in some camera
>blasting his christian rock music
>nevermind, politely say "Good day, Sir"
>he calls you a nigger
>"Sir, excuse me, what did you call me?"
>you can see he didn't expect you to stop and now he's already shaking in fear
>you could crush him the way he crushed birdie
>gets all defensive
>"D-d-don't get in my face okay?"
>"Sir, I've been minding my own business and you call me names for no reason"
>starts talking about CIA and stuff
>the rest of the day you feel bad about this confrontation
>you tell yourself it was justified because you faced enough racism in your life to never let people call you these names
>you tell your two well-behaved young kids to avoid the old guy w/ the white hat in your neighborhood

Doubt the guy that runs a 128GB Xeon as a desktop buys some cheap hosting plan.

Did he actually kill his cockatiel?

>>be civlized black dude
>>walking home from your job (to support your family as an upright citizen)
at least make it believable, faggot.

Sup Forums is leaking again guys, you know what to do.

nigger is an excuse to get violent.
niggers are monkeys that see on TV how they are supposed to react to being called nigger and act on what the TV told them to do.

If you take the TV and Youtube away from niggers they would be lost on how to conduct themselves in society

yeah, kick the google shills

>gotten way worse recently.
it's literally because of the people in these threads "redpilling" him. guy thinks the girl he is in love with deserves "long black nigger cock." you retards also probably got him to stop taking his meds. i'm sure he's aggravated that he got banned from uploading on yt, but most of this behavior is relatively new. you guys fucked him,

Before the Sup Forums attention he got accounts banned all the time. It's not a big surprise his video blog with months of material would go down at one point, esp. considering he's more or less harassing on of Youtube's biggest stars.

I still don't understand how his youtube ban works, if it was perma wouldn't his entire channel go down? Shouldn't he be able to upload again in like a month or somthn

dude man, your code is shit

He's gonna be fine, he's been dealing with this shit for years, now he has more fanboys than ever

autism is a spectrum, Stallman's just not super autistic

>you know what to do
Yeah, back to reddddddddit, fucker.

redpilling Terry is what God wanted us to do
Either help us entertain the fuck out of Mr. God or go be niggerlicious somewhere else

Maybe THEY realised he was too smart so they diagnosed him with skitzophrenia and gave him fake pills so that he would actually become insane.

o_O spooopy

I liked his idea about ad companies scanning peoples' faces and creating a CGI salesman that kind of looks like someone that'd be related to them. The idea being you'd trust them more and be more likely to buy the shit they're selling.

He mentions it in this video youtube.com/watch?v=z_IqhnEDImI

>blog.klipse.tech/javascript/2017/02/08/tiny-compiler-intro.html?tiny

>>And indeed, it is challenging - very challenging. You probably have to be one of those genius guys in order to be able to write a real compiler.

From the own article you published

very

wow
this is so deep

heh, bings.