Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Beatty_Chadwick
thycotic.com/products/secret-server/secret-server-on-premise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lastpass

A physical paper notebook, and a pen.

Keep it in a locked desk drawer.

>Windows fag
But you don't have anything to hide right? :^)

Retarded. They can get into it with a warrant. If the passwords are only in your mind then you can't be compelled to reveal them.

that sounds convenient as hell user

Fool.

I've got like 12 TB in pirated media, but that's about it.I'm more concerned about my accounts being stolen.

If you are writing things down in a way where they would be of any use to people, you are an idiot.

If you only have passwords in your memory, you can be held until you chose to give them up.

With a notebook that you handed over, they'll likely try the non-crossed-out duress password you had at the bottom of the list first. Not your fault that the actual password was selected letters from the crossed out phrases above it; you handed it over, and they screwed up.

as you should be since the other has about as high of a chance of happening as you getting struck by lightning

full retard

>he thinks he can outsmart professional codebreakers

What are you, the Zodiac killer? You can't be "held" until you choose to give up your passwords, indefinite detention is unlawful. In your mind only is the best option.

KeePass.

Keepass2
Has encryption, free, lightweight.

You can also upload it to a cloud for safe keeping since its an enecrypted database.

Unless you live in the UK.
RIPA post part III, requires to to disclose keys without a court order. Two years in prison for forgetting your password.

Keepass

KeePass + the WebAutoType plugin (+ Favicon Downloader)

Lastpass has been caught leaking passwords multiple times. Annoying because I used it.

Beatty Chadwick spent 14 years in jail for contempt of court, for not providing the account number for a bank account that did not actually exist.

The judge refused to believe his insistance that no such account existed.

>indefinite detention is unlawful
Yet your government does it for 15+ years already, in spite of its unconstitutionality.

5th amendmant, brother
If your lawyer isnt good enough to pull off the 5th, he should be fired on the spot.

You're an absolute retard.

Good argument.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Beatty_Chadwick
>a judge ruled that Chadwick hid millions of U.S. dollars in overseas bank accounts so that he would not have to pay the sums to his ex-wife during their divorce.[2] He was incarcerated until such time as he could present $2.5 million to the Delaware County Court
>14 years for not paying alimony from money that doesn't exist
REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING MATRIARCHY

You must be some eurocuck. Here in the land of the free, they cant hold you indefinitely for not incriminating yourself. Enjoy your shitskin infestation you utter eurocuckstain.

That ship sailed log ago; it was one of the first victims of the war on drugs.

If you refuse to provide information a court wants, it is entirely up to the judge how long you will be held.

eh it does what I need it to do and they have been solid on leaks for the past year so I'll stick with it

>Not memorizing all of your passwords

thats pretty bs especially considering i cant remember the encryption on one of my laptops, it was so long i just forgot. so really id get 2 years jail for not remembering a 60 key password from years ago?

Not him but great argument.

thank god they left EU.

thycotic.com/products/secret-server/secret-server-on-premise/

>On July 10, 2009, Chadwick was ordered released from prison by Delaware County Judge Joseph Cronin, who determined his continued incarceration had lost its coercive effect and would not result in him surrendering the money.
And they only released him because they decided it wasn't working in getting him to cough up the money.

Not because they realized it didn't exist, or because it was unlawful to do.

gentoo

Just use Enpass. It's available on all platforms.
AES 256 whatever encryption.
Can be synched over your preferred cloud. I use ownCloud (webdav)

install gentoo

what does Sup Forums think of password safe

Keepass2

>Using a service made by pajeets
>They make barely any money
>Expect them to not be storing and selling your info

This

Hidden containers

Like, if you've got reason to hide something, and you're using something that supports hidden containers, it's pretty likely that you have one, but there's absolutely no way to PROVE that so they can't put you in prison for it.

Otherwise it would be making hidden containers mandatory for anyone using full-disk encryption software that supports those. But if this were hypothetically the case, you can always nest them indefinitely, meaning that whatever the legal limit is, you can nest more containers than that - and the legal limit can't be infinite. Unless they just outlaw full-disk encryption, but that's not happening anytime soon (hopefully).

I'm not a lawfag, but can't you claim that you wiped your disk with random data?

I doubt that's the case. When put this way, it can be applied to literally anything that doesn't exist.

>"Tell me the name of the 12th planet of the solar system!"
>"But your honor, that doesn't exist"
>"Well you're going behind bars until you tell me!"

Why bother Windows has keyloggers built into every part of it, even the sound drivers in some cases.

keepass.
i use only generated passwords so nobody can wrench them out of me

keypass

By the way, what is a current consensus regarding random passwords' length that is enough to resist brute-force attacks? 16 symbols of [a-zA-Z0-9] is still enough or not?

Brain 2017

Like 60 bits of entropy is "enough" in the sense that if you go anywhere beyond that, you should also be checking for hardware keyloggers and hidden cameras or microphones every time you type in your password.

I still make all of mine 120bits+ because I can lol

passwords.txt on your desktop

Notepad

Write your own

get fucked chad

>using password managers
Sure must suck being a brainlet.

You can create passwords from fucking Friends quotes and change one word and suddenly break every single dictionary attack.
To make sure heuristic dictionary attacks also get shit on, use a nonsense / foreign word.
Add a number there too.
Replace spaces with your favorite number repeating. Hello3my.name1is4David1Squiloogle
That is too small though, don't use that.
Even if EVERYONE was using this method, heuristics can still be broken with nonsense words and digits.
The entire dictionary space of common English words alone is vastly larger than the space of single usable characters for most sites and services.
And luckily most don't limit their size.

Of course, a site gets hacked, pass leaked, you need a new pass.
Easier yet, have nonsense words to represent each year, change passwords every year by adding it on at the end.
The chances of a service being hacked twice in one year is extremely small.
Likewise having a unique word for the site / service name. Even having this in your room taped to your monitor will never matter because nobody will have the rest of your password in your head. These words are basically hints at best.

Fact is, every attack will need to start off from scratch every time it wants to hack your accounts pass.
They'll never know how long your pass is, so cannot make any assumptions.
Well, outside of shit sites with password limits. Don't use those. Write and tell the administrators they are fucking retards and why they shouldn't have max character limit.

>Even if EVERYONE was using this method, heuristics can still be broken with nonsense words and digits.
But then that reduces to a brute-force with aid of a dictionary to crack the nonsense work and digits, combined with a pretty small dictionary of quotes.

Sure, it's decently safe, but nowhere near as good as, say, 24 random characters from letters/numbers/symbols.

>Likewise having a unique word for the site / service name
Alright, but...

>Even having this in your room taped to your monitor will never matter because nobody will have the rest of your password in your head.
This assumes nobody will ever be able to find both out.
Say if somebody shoulder-surfs you, and reads your note, boom they can now login to all your accounts.

Also using a quote and trying to scramble it and put in numbers or whatever seems harder to remember than just like 6 random English words.

The rest of your tips are pretty good. Still, I'd rather just use a cryptographically secure and open-source password manager than have to remember a map of dozens of words corresponding to different websites, plus several groups of words for the "base" passwords as well as other passwords I want to keep particularly secure, like financial details or whatever.

>But then that reduces to a brute-force with aid of a dictionary to crack the nonsense work and digits, combined with a pretty small dictionary of quotes.

You are using your own knowledge and applying it to them.
They don't know SHIT about your password.
They have to brute force it regardless.
They can make assumptions with trivial passwords, but ones which large numbers of characters, numbers and digits breaks any heuristic attack because all those assumptions go out the window.
They can't just go, "well, obviously this person is using a Friends quote, let's pipe that in"
What if I used Cheers? Or Frasier. Or Family Guy.
The number of possible quotes is a million times higher than the number of common words in English, it's even harder to brute force.

Entropy is entropy, doesn't matter if it is structured or not, they can never know this.
Well, besides the cases where they get the pass DB, in which case that password is RIP.
But even with knowledge of the method you use, they still can't assume anything because the method is just as complex as the passwords despite being a simple generation step.
The addition of numbers as spacers throws the complexity to universal timelines.
Realistically a computer the size of our solar system would be needed to crack something like that on a human-scale.
Hope you don't become immortal any time soon.