How many hours do you estimate you wasted on Linux when you could have done it faster on OSX or Windows?

How many hours do you estimate you wasted on Linux when you could have done it faster on OSX or Windows?

Probably 1, trying to use it for the first time and not knowing where anything is

Gave that up real quick, brainlet here

>t. mactoddler

kys you fucking normie
go to an apple store and pay 2500 rupees for a macbook and use it the way apple wants you to use it.

setting up wna3100 wifi adapter

Since everything I do just werks out of the box, none.

taken me a few years to get comfortable. But I think I'll make up the time by how much faster I can do things now.

Days wasted trying to get my wifi to work using NDIS wrappers and then the wifi not working again after the next update.

Just connected to a raspberry over ssh and x2x, I can literally install linux on the laptop of my mom or other familiy members and fix their shit remotely, authenticating with a 4096 bit key and not worrying about teamviewer being hacked. Try that with windows.

when did Sup Forums go to the trash??

>missing the point
>installing Linux on other people's computers against their will

-324h
I've wasted more time with windows hunting down device drivers and fixing obscure problems that had 10 different solutions of which not one actually fixed my problem. OSX was even worse. Have you tried installing it in a virtual machine? And fuck Xcode, worst piece of shit software I have ever used.

Spending time on learning Linux and therefore Python have given me 2 paying full-time jobs already!
And im sooo glad i learnt Linux before OSX/MacOS since the 'nix part of MacOS is the only workable part (With homebrew installed...) ! The rest is just a sub-par computer for bloggers and stay at home moms!

sometimes i break things on purpose in Linux, just to struggle for hours just for the reason to learn something new.
therefore yes.

>against their will
Bruh not everyone is so unreasonable, she's very much fine with it

OP is on suicide watch

Over 9000

I dont know about that, i was reading that the cia has total access with windows, and is capable of internet warfare with any user of windows, also windows is a crock.

Also you can use lynux to hack a car computer, and alter performance.

Linux is more unsafe than Windows.

NDISwrapper is a free software driver wrapper that enables the use of Windows XP network device drivers (for devices such as PCI cards, USB modems, and routers) on Linux operating systems. NDISwrapper works by implementing the Windows kernel and NDIS APIs and dynamically linking Windows network drivers to this implementation. As a result, it only works on systems based on the instruction set architectures supported by Windows, namely IA-32 and x86-64.

Native drivers for some network adapters are not available on Linux as some manufacturers maintain proprietary interfaces and do not write cross-platform drivers. NDISwrapper allows the use of Windows drivers, which are available for virtually all modern PC network adapters.

>could have done it faster on OSX or Windows?
it faster cause you can't

GNU/Linux*

about 2/3 tops

considering playonlinux is obviously something unneeded on windows there had to be some setup time

other than that I dont even open my terminal more than once per week, everything works

2/3 hours seems worth it to not use windows

macOS*

All put together? Maybe 40 hours to reach the same level of knowledge I have with Windows.

Which is a lot less time than it took me to learn how to use Windows as a clueless teenager years ago.

I think Linux would probably quite a lot easier to learn to use than Windows if you were starting from no computer knowledge at all.

Lubing it up and tenderly shoving it up his ass inch by inch?

>tfw adam's rib

Like twentymillion, at least.

Objectively the best way!

>tfw