Anyone know how to download videos from this page?

Anyone know how to download videos from this page?

stardom-world.com

Since you can only see online, and you can not download, is there any way to do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=download video&appver=36.0&platform=windows
ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/entry.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2011_01_23_01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

No

Maybe

Could you tell me how to download it?

Try to do it with GetThemAll, but it does not work.

Perhaps

Yes

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=download video&appver=36.0&platform=windows

really? Could you tell me how please

Look around the page's source code until you find the video file

Yes, I could

Sure but it requires a login so give me your username and password so I can figure out how to do it

Great, I'll be waiting.

Is a subscription page, I can not give you my data, sorry.

>ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/entry.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2011_01_23_01
Based on the test video you can't download it.
The only way is to record it with screen capture software.

Okay, hang on, I'm sending you a PM with the method, if I post it here tgey'll patch it

How bad, thanks for responding.

Okay.

OP join me in tlk io /5469

i know how to grab most files from pages, just join

tlk dot io /5469

not sure how you expected anyone to help you with an obscure site nobody has access to

OP you can at least give us the source code of the page.
Put it on pastebin or something.

Of course. Your browser is already downloading the data from somewhere and playing it back. You just gotta connect to that somewhere and save it to file instead.

I'd open up the dev tools and inspect the video element; chances are the origin URL of the video is there. If that fails, I'd let the video play, switch to the network monitor and figure out the origin of the data stream. If there's javascript, I'd read it until I find the playback code and figure out where it's pulling the stream from.

It's pretty simple.

It's not always that simple.
A few months ago I siged up for 30 days access to an online course (with a 100% discount coupon) to download the videos and keep them for when I'll need them in the future.

It turns out that they use some advanced Vimeo-powered thing where the video is made of hundreds of few-seconds-long snippets tat get stitched together in the browser, and the results I've found on Google tell me that nobody found a solution.

The snippets weren't even just exactly cut end to end, but had some overlap between the end of one and the start of the folowing one, so it'd be a major pain in the ass to stich them all into the entire thing.
Also getting them would require letting the video play to let them all load (they loaded one by one as you watched), so double pain in the ass.

I guess you're right in saying that it's always possible, but sometimes it's definitely not worth it.

Youtube-dl

So they stream scrabled video plus Javascript code that fixes the stream. Sounds like the solution is to use their own Javascript in order to rebuild the videos and then save them somehow.

"Nobody found a solution" just means a bunch of laymen didn't figure it out. That's exactly what the site developers intended. They just raised the barrier to entry a bit so that it'd take more effort than it was worth it.

So it all depends on how far you want to go for these videos. I used to break these things for the challenge and the truth is if your content has already left the server you cannot force the user to pay for it, or view ads, or anything. The client is in the hands of the enemy. Any copy protection mechanism can easily be bypassed.

You could still use a screen recorder program to capture the full screen video by the way. Quick, easy, impossible to stop.

I agree.
That's why I said:
>you're right in saying that it's always possible.

If you're really motivated you're bound to find some way (even if you're not technically inclined, there are always screen recorders as you said).
It all becomes a matter of whether it's worth the hassle or not.

I can look the site up if you want.

JDownloader 2 might do it, if you're using Windows.