Damn, the Juicero looks pretty good inside. Look at those fucking gears, they're the size of a car's transmission...

Damn, the Juicero looks pretty good inside. Look at those fucking gears, they're the size of a car's transmission, and all that pristine CNC machined steel and aluminum.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=smoothies&fwp_content_type=video
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have worked with transmissions and this looks like a transmission to me. Hell it seems to even have a drum shaped to accept clutches and a bigger drum on top.

All that just to squeeze DRM'd juice out of bags.

it effectively has a gearbox, to multiply the torque of the motor going to the screw.

I wonder if this was the best solution or an overly complicated one to impress investors.

If I had to design it I think I would have based it on pic related.

I would have used simple rollers, like a tube squeezer

I don't think that would work very effectively in this case as the bags are filled with solid material that needs the juice squeezed out of it, rollers would either force the material out of the hole in the bottom or clog it up and result in a messy explosion.

It could just just a lever or some sort. But the point was also to make it internet connected

I think it's the best solution for what they tried to achieve. Which is perfect equal pressure to get uniformly squeezed juice in you own home.
I don't think it's worthwhile to try and achieve that though.

Watching AvE nerd out over the inside of the Juicero was a highlight of my day.

i just used one of these growing up
put fruit in, pull the handle down, and out comes juice

They use complaints about cleanup as a reason for these new high tech juicers but something like that is piss easy to clean.

Just take it outside and spray it with the hose. A minute and you're done.

If you have enough money to blow on a fancy juicer you probably can't be bothered to do shit like that.

but where's the smartphone app?

kill yourself

Is there a reason he acts like a bumbling fuck wit who I wouldnt trust operating a shopping cart, let alone a car or machinery.

Because that is what he is.

Oh okay, good I'll stop watching then.

Your loss.

It really REALLY isn't.

If I were in a room with that man i'd have beaten him to death the moment he pulled out the chainsaw to open the box.

oy vey. something something, intellectual property, something lawsuit ...

This is the most over-engineered fucking thing.

>Merchant

He agreed to give full refunds to anyone who felt ripped off by the machine. He's more like those rich Jewish California hippies .

>If I were in a room with that man i'd have beaten him to death the moment he pulled out the chainsaw to open the box.
Then go, you're not welcome here.

>not being able to appreciate AVE's knowledge and strange sense of humor

>2k a year on juice
>$8 for half a handfull of juice
>not feeling ripped off

oh my goodness, he allows refunds?! he must be one of the good ones!

keep your dick in a vice

you can barely beat your own dick, much less a grown man, faggot.

Fuck the haters I think this machine is doink.

Juicing is counterproductive, at least for anything edible enough to be eaten whole. If you want to drink your food, put the whole thing in a high speed blender, a real one like a Vitamix, Blendtec, or one of those clones with a chinese-built motor. And use hearing protection.

There's a few caveats for liquid food:

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=smoothies&fwp_content_type=video

It really is and that's what makes it so wonderful from an engineers point of view.

tset

an industrial grade whoopie cushion?

No, engineers would look at it and go "What the fuck? Why is it overbuilt to shit? What a fucking waste of material. The guys who made that are retards."

No but you see it is the price point.

If a design engineer had been told to make a juicer they could sell for $400 then the juicero would never have come out.

They were given a lot of free rein to design this thing and they spared no expense.