Why the fuck do old people suck at technology?

why the fuck do old people suck at technology?

>son the speakers are broken!

"mom the volume is all the way down"

every fucking day with this horseshit. what the fucking fuck???

Other urls found in this thread:

coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/
youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just he patient and help your parents, asshole

Be nice to your elders, faggot.

Give man a fish...

They didn't grow up with it.

Now explain why millennials are also shit with technology.....

Have a little respect for your elders you faggot.

The part of your brain that is responsible for learning slows down as you age. They're becoming physically unable to understand things they didn't grow up with.

respect your fucking elders, faggot.

But my little Noah knows his iPad inside and out - soon you'll be asking him for help!

Exhibit behavior that signals due respect towards the persons who relate to you as parents do to their offspring, son of an illegal sex worker.

I'm not sure this will be as big of an issue in the future, with people having grown up immersed in technology. That the thing with old people nowadays, they didnt grow up needing to know these basics in order to function

>iPad is hard to use

You have fucking no idea.
>ayy i can use my iPhone so i am good with technology
They will be fucking hopeless.

>millennials

>tfw programming will always be paid well
thank you based tech illiterate normies

kek I've been browsing Sup Forums for 10 years and it's only on Sup Forums that I feel like a complete normie. It's hard work not to be a technology pleb man, even at 22. Hard to know where to begin past windows-pleb and repairing xboxes.

This desu, stop acting like such a little shit OP, when you're older there'll be new things you don't understand how to use.

This shit pisses me off way more than incompetent boomers asking for help

People who think their kid is gonna be hot shit because they can install bloated adware on their fucking iPad are just the worst. Your kid is going to be just as dumb as you, but just a little more entitled.

lmao, all these people saying help your parents...they dont know SHIT.

Every fucking day, you explain to them. double click here, raise the bar. But they don't listen. Not because they're "unable to learn" I see them learning how to do new shit every fucking day. The REAL reason they will never fix their own shit is because they know you'll be right there to wipe and powder their ass everytime they fart.

Fuck old people. I don't give a fuck who you raised or how much shit you did. Clicking on a speaker and scrolling the scroll wheel is not difficult.

My parents laptop even has DEDICATED GLOWING HARDWARE BUTTONS for volume with pictures and text

there is no fucking excuse.

protip: kids now don't know shit about computers, either
gone are the days when you needed to know how your machine worked at at least some technical level just to do anything on it

coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

ITT: underage assblasted kids mad because mommy and daddy interrupted their video gaymez asking for help

Quit being spoiled brats and help your parents

Maybe they like the interaction with you? I know it's hard for your autism-addled brain to comprehend, but it's possible they just like spending time with you, even if you are a spoiled entitled little shit head.

youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE

Lack of interest. Most don't give a shit about anything else other than using apps on their phones or using the web browser on their laptop. Knowing anything beyond that makes you a nerd.

It's not that it's hard, the answers to most problems are right in sight.
It's about the mindset.

>"I did this thing that i always do but this time it didn't work, please help."
vs
>"Hmm, this doesn't look right better google what's wrong."
>"Ok, it's this thing that's wrong i just need to click a few more things."

Most of the computer people don't know shit.
Searching for answers is the most important skill.

If most people had half a brain instead of the quarter, we would have no need for tech support.
I don't like it at all when people pretend to be retarded.

bad bait

How is a MDE video bait

Look on the bright side, you provide them a service so they don't kick you out.

All they have is spare time, yet not of them are remotely interested in learning anything technical.

why the fuck do young people suck at taxes?
>moooom where do I get the tax forms
"it's online honey"
every fucking year with this horseshit. what the fucking fuck???

they don't want a solution
they want to talk to you

Now you know how frustrated your parents feel every time they tell you to go get a job. :^)

I respect those who earned it.
Not dying doesn't mean shit anymore.

>muh feels

kiss yourself faggot, people like you slow down everyone else

>kiss yourself faggot

Spoken like a true edgy 14 year old

>kiss yourself faggot

Agreed kinda. I try to explain to my mum that I'm just going to Google the problem. When she says that it's just quicker for me to do it I try to explain that I'm not always going to be there. Plus I'm asocial towards family and a shit son

My sister in law does this. Embarrassing as hell.

Future you is disappoint, son.

I remember working in IT and having to deal with stupid shit like "fixing" a "broken" wireless mouse. The batteries had died, so the employee put new batteries in. But oh no! Now it won't come on at all!

Solution: The new AA batteries were put in backwards.

Saying people suck at technology is true but it's part of a bigger problem. A lot (dare I say most) people nowadays lack basic critical thinking skills. They just never developed them I guess.

Because of this I'm totally on the board with idea of everyone learning how to code, because at least it will teach basic logic and problem solving to the masses.

Did Caillou wake up in the fucking Nazi regime or who is this supposed to be

>Searching for answers is the most important skill.
Needing search engines is a sign of mental retardation, if anything. Not only that but such dependency in a professional environment give you excuses to not to learn the architecture of whatever you are working on, resulting in tons of wasted time therefore less productivity in critical situations (a practical example - a sysadmin bringing an entire website back up).

Eh, after a few times just say "if I keep doing it for you, you'll never learn." They may be upset, but I haven't fixed the same issue again.

>teach basic logic

You can't teach people logic. Full stop.

That's why you should never stop challenging yourself with new things. The moment you settle is when the part of the brain responsible for learning starts atrophying and you'll never get it back.

>The new AA batteries were put in backwards.

>using the smiley with the carat nose

>Now explain why millennials are also shit with technology.....
If you're so sure millennials are also shit with technology, explain my existence

So you think that most people who lived in the middle ages were sharp thinkers?

Respect is earned, not automatically given. I don't give a shit if you're 3, 13, 33 or 83, if you're a cunt, you're a cunt, and unless you can arrest me or get me fired, I'm not going to give you respect you don't deserve.

Stop being a dick user. Help them

Confirmed for special snowflakes who've never had to help their parents with their electronics.

Yes, okay, but what if you aren't a cunt. If an old person sucks at technology, but respects others, they've earned your respect by respecting you and others. So respect them.
That is how you earn respect, by the way. How much respect your respect is worth depends on how much respect you give and how universally you give it, and nothing else. Your merit in any particular field is irrelevant.

Anybody who has had a child is a cunt.

>Anybody who has had a child is a cunt.
If this is a reflection of how much respect you give and how universally you give it, then clearly your respect is not worth much respect. So I don't see why any old person would be interested in it.

If an old person who I know well isn't a cunt, then no shit I'm going to help them. I help my parents because I love them and they'd good. However, if someone who doesn't have any authority over me acts like a piece of shit and talks down to me, then no, I'm not going to help them or respect them, because they haven't done anything to deserve it.

I'm not into this 'turn the other cheek' bullshit. If you act like a turbocunt, don't be surprised if I'm not going to help you with your problems. Check your fucking attitude, come back, and then we can get to work.

Old people who have not had children are worthy of the utmost respect.

I know right, these fucking retarded assholes LITERALLY seen it bloom, the first radio, first TV, first everything and yet still FUCKING RETARDS about all of it.

They should be the ones teaching us how to use them, not the reverse. They have ZERO excuse to be this ignorant

They piss me off and retain nothing, always have to repeat

Worst generation in history in every aspects

>user what's wrong with the website?
>It'll be back in about 4 hours, we're doing everything we can here.
>go back to playing video games
>plug server back in after 3 hours
>Good hustle, user.
>Thanks boss.

legit never had this problem, not even with grandparents

Just build a robot that offs old people. Powered by Tensor flow neural networks.

Most people are just morons, a few days in retail will confirm this and its not just old age

Kek. Nice post user

>If an old person who I know well isn't a cunt, then no shit I'm going to help them. I help my parents because I love them and they'd good. However, if someone who doesn't have any authority over me acts like a piece of shit and talks down to me, then no, I'm not going to help them or respect them, because they haven't done anything to deserve it.
Sure, that seems like a well adjusted policy, but where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you. It seems like you're taking a generally militant stance toward the issue and I'm just not understanding why. In your world, why is respect earned and disrespect assumed, rather than respect assumed and disrespect earned?

> but where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you
That's not my assumption. I treat people pretty casually until they act like shit. That's what I'm saying. If someone comes up to me and is just like 'Hey dude this thing isn't working, can you have a look?', I'll likely say sure because it's not a problem. But if someone thinks they already know their shit and they're 'too lazy' to fix it and just expect me to do it for free because 'I'm that friend who's good with computers', they can either take a fucking hike, or buy me a six-pack or something.

>where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you
he said "if"

>why is respect earned and disrespect assumed
respect isn't something that can be "assumed"
you're thinking of good will/intention

so Sup Forums, which do you dislike most out of;
a. people who expect free tech support from you
b. people who ask for help but don't like your answer (assuming a valid and reasonable answer)
c. people who blame you for an unrelated issue down the track after you helped them with something

Or d. Person who expects help, doesn't like the answer and blames you for all future problems

A. It would be C. but I shoot them down before this can ever occur.
I do help some people out but they revere me as some kind of mystical computer witch and never question my judgement.

A combination of several factors.
1. Impatience
2. Fear at breaking something

It does not depend on age group, but at willingness to spend time and explore technology.
I have used computers since I was a kid, and as a kid I explored them throughly.

You can't expect the same thing from somebody who hasn't given themselves the freedoms and the patience to do that.

>millenials
Aren't most tech people in their mid 30's? Earliest millenials were born around 1980 you know.

Most people are all of the above.
So hard to say.

>why the fuck do old people suck at technology?
because there are more of them and you're simply exposed to more opportunities to see their failure. Find a tech person who's been at it for 30+ years and leech as much knowledge as you can from them. Note: if you do find some ultra senior dev thats still down in the trenches 30 years in, be prepared for that person to be a general bitter asshole.

>respect
>your
>older selfs
>fagit

>Aren't most tech people in their mid 30's? Earliest millenials were born around 1980 you know.
if you're going by numbers alone, most tech people are whatever the average population of India and the Philippines happens to be right now.

>living with your parents

If you don't like it, then get out?

This is perfect.
>"Yeah lil Johnny really knows how to work the iPad, kids these days are so good with technology!"
>"My boy had our new computer set up in like 15 minutes, he's the next Bill Gates!"

People learn how to use what they need to. Kids today would have very little idea how to run a farm, operate a TRS-80, or tune an antenna on a shortwave radio.
That, and UI today is so damn simple that you just need a sliver of intuition to figure it out.'

My first programming class was VB in high school, and all these same kids who could install minecraft mods and download music were clueless.

FUCKING THIS, shit g, let me tell ya the story of how I ended in the trash I am, normally wouldn't do this when stoned and needing to sleep, bjt well...

At 9 my dad got me my first computer, can't even remember what it was because not much later I've got the first one that was actually good, since he had got it part by part, I was going to use it only after he get someone to build it, but I was so fucking exited I did it myself when alone at home, when my parents got back they where amazed, and after that, every time I did anything computer related they talked like i was a god, shit, every fucking one they knew did know of my feats, everyone asked me for help and I was glad to help, why? Because they made me think I was really something. Years passed, life followed, I'm just a normal normies who can't actually do shit, exactly as described in the video, I work repairing notebooks for almost nothing, my father who leaved my family and cut contact works with me, since he was in the shit and have a lie problem, my boss accepted him to work here, after I beg for him. My mother treats my like her biggest deception, even my brothers being in not really greater conditions, the problem is: she thought I'd be rich, since I was so good with computers, but I live at a friend's house just because he felt depressed living alone, can't even really pay for food. I hate my life so much, I have no idea what to do with it, it all sucks.

Good night g, love you all.

I hate C the most. I had a friend who blamed me for breaking his fucking Playstation 2 SIX YEARS after it happened. I only soldered a few wires to a circuit board. The area I soldered wasn't anywhere near the semiconductors and I've already warned him about the dangers of heat damage.

He was a fucking idiot beyond help. Literally everything he broke, he completely forgets about it very quickly then blame on other people. When the Xbox came out, he tried to mod it, but he was too stupid to even follow instructions online on how to solder the whatever shit he was trying to solder and ended breaking his Xbox. Instead of admitting his mistake, he blamed it on the person who wrote the online instructions.

The reality is that you just don't have any skills. Not that you're especially retarded or anything.

Skills don't come on their own. Learn programming/networking/web development, and then you'll be in demand.
Nobody needs a guy who can do basic PC repair, companies just have contracts for replacements. They do need people who can run services and networks.

>They didn't grow up with it.
speakers as they are now have existed for at least a century and they operate in the same way

They want people skills more than they want real skills. Not him, but got the qualifications and never got the jobs.

Yes and no.
You can't be a socially inept autist, but I work with some pretty damn awkward motherfuckers.
If you're doing low level stuff like helpdesk or client tech, then yeah, social skills are important since it doesn't take too much real skill.

Big boy jobs like net engineer or programmer are skill based. You might get hired with a charismatic smile, but you won't stay for long if you are inept.

d. People unwilling to learn. Anything. Whatever you put down they refuse to pick up and reapply to the situation at hand and repeatedly fall back to you.

On one hand, this. On the other hand, you could be dealing with people like my dad. People who insist on learning how to fish but cannot because of their egos. All of you who've taught tech to your parents probably have encountered this:

>user, I need to accomplish this task and I dont know how. I need you to show me how so I can do it by myself next time
> alright, dad, here's what seems to be the prob-
>it can't be that, user! It has to be [insert something retarded]
>No, that doesn't make sense, here let me just show you
>DONT TOUCH ME OR MY CONPUTER EVAR AGAIN I NEED TO LEARN I WILL FIGURE IT OUT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

This. My dad thinks computers are nothing but web browsers. A computer that isn't connected to the internet is broken to him. The only thing he does online is browse Facebook and Craigslist. And watch tractor demonstrations on YouTube.

And how old are people born in 1980, user?

My dad is like 55 and he's pretty smart with technology.
He was a mechanic for 30+ years and somehow technology in general just clicks with him

I think the simple answer is that "They didn't grow up with computers etc."

but I still wonder if this is really the case; I feel it could also be that most people are just fucking lazy and don't want to learn shit (aka most normies).

just my two cents

My mom never used computers but recently I replaced her flip phone for a smartphone and she's surprisingly working her way around it without any help.

The issue is still there they just now realise you're an unhelpful cunt, dickhead.

This. They're old, OP. Imagine in 50-60 years time when you can't work the holographic masterset and your grandkids are upset because you dared to ask for help.

Don't be a cunt.

>implying OP will have kids

>They didn't grow up with it.
Tech was harder when they were younger, they should be explaining shit to young people.
They have no excuse.

>grow up using dos computers and connecting to the internet with text browsers
>Can't figure out how to use smartphones or any browser other than internet explorer
really makes you think

Because as you get older dendrite branches take awhile as well as ltp to memorize new shit, the older you live the closer to Parkinson's you get.

I'm looking forward to a future where most people are technology literate and technology sort of stabilizes for a while. Before the industrial revolution this wasn't a problem for people.

>all these cunts pretending that parents want to have some interaction with you by having you fix their shit
Imagine you were a plumber and they purposely ate prunes and laxatives just to have an excuse to talk to you

you have to teach people how to teach themselves and reassure them they can't break things easily and they can experiment with it.

user, when you're older and you have kids, you'll probably won't understand or adapt to new technologies they'll grow up with and the next generation will have the same complaints. Every generation experiences this. It's apart of getting old. My father used to always get mad when he has to tune the TV for our grandfather, who never grew up with TV, and now in his 60s, he can't even access his gmail account without me being there.

technology is fucking gay and old people are redpilled for only using as much of it as they have to

you think you're so smart and with it, but you're actually just revealing what a passive, jewified cumguzzling consumer you are