Screenfetch thread

post your screenfetch. also r8.

owo posters not welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
fsf.org/blogs/community/user-liberation-watch-and-share-our-new-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the difference between an FSF approved distribution, and a non approved?

What's the difference between Arch and Parabola? Or Debian and Trisquel?

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html

10/10 for a fully free system. Wish I could do the same but I have an intel chipset.

gm

kek xD

The fuck is this

my Stalinist PC

r8

>inb4 kde
it's stable now

Include screen fetch.

This is a screenfetch thread...

6/10

Post your screenfetch, idiot

Is FreeBSD actually good?

Basically no proprietary software at all in FSF distibutions by default. On Arch, I could install the proprietary Nvidia drivers straight from the repo, on Parabola, nouveau driver is all I get. Also binary blobs in the kernel are removed, I believe. Something like Parabola appeals just to FOSS zealots and tinfoil hatters.

>FOSS
FOSS has nothing to do with the free software movement. Free software can be described without even mentioning FOSS. In fact, FOSS is harmful to free software.

Its free software not foss software.

How is BSD?

Are you two stoned out of your minds of something?

FOSS = Free Open Source Software
Its free not opensource.

I saw this distro on distrowatch and since my laptops mmc drive dosnt like 64bit arch, i used it, pretty good out of the box

Free software (free as in freedom) != FOSS

rate!

w.w.what do you learn in fuckschool?

>Chrome
That software is very harmful.

Oh okay, I get it, you're zealots playing the Stallman semantics game.

So basically trialware

It's not a "semantics" game, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I suggest you read about free software so you don't run the risk of coming off as ignorant.

mostly greasy shit, but some basic programming too ;)
I know, it came with it so im like heck

Explain to me how you aren't just fucking around with semantics.

>Hurr durr, it's free as in freedom!

Does it cost anything?
>No
Can you edit the source code?
>Yes
So it's free open source software

Do you use one of those famous "low profile" GPU with the DMS-59 adapter for dual DVI or dual VGA? I have the same somewhere

Ok hackerman

My friend... you are very confused. Just because the source code is available, does not mean it is free (as in freedom) software. Also, cost has nothing to do with it. Please enlighten yourself.
fsf.org/blogs/community/user-liberation-watch-and-share-our-new-video

If you can change the source code to your liking, I'm pretty damn sure your freedom is being respected.

OwO

lost

Yes, but it may not necessarily adhere to the 4 freedoms of software.

>kde
>stable
kek

This is the fucking zealotry I was talking about

What's the problem?

Sounds crazy, I know but KDE 5.10b aka 5.95 is actually quite stable and performs like a beast. If you're running a bleeding edge distro like Arch, I recommend checking it out. This is coming from someone who tried KDE on and off for the past 9 years without keeping installed for more than a day. KDE/Plasma is now the permanent DE on my desktop. It only took them over a decade to get it right again!

Oh, please do go on and tell me more about the 4 pillars of Islam... I mean free software!

Your attitude is very harmful, and comparing free software to Islam is pretty dumb. If you don't want to help yourself, I can't force you. Take care.

no u

Maybe one day you'll realize that following the teachings of a podiafungiphiliac maybe isn't the best idea.

>zealotry
How is RMS taking free software too far in your opinion? In what way is the FSF a zealous movement. Are they beheading people in the streets for not using free software?

Debian's Social Contract states the goal of making Debian entirely free software, and Debian conscientiously keeps nonfree software out of the official Debian setup. However, Debian also provides a repository of nonfree software. According to the project, this software is "not part of the Debian setup," but the repository is hosted on many of the project's main servers, and people can readily learn about these nonfree packages by browsing Debian's online package database.

There is also a "contrib" repository; its packages are free, but some of them exist to load separately distributed proprietary programs. This too isn't thoroughly separated from the main Debian distribution.

Previous releases of Debian included nonfree blobs with the kernel. With the release of Debian 6.0 ("squeeze") in February 2011, these blobs have been moved out of the main distribution to separate packages in the nonfree repository. However, the problem partly remains: the installer in some cases recommends these nonfree firmware files for the peripherals on the machine.

FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include instructions for obtaining nonfree programs in their ports setup. In addition, their kernels include nonfree firmware blobs.

Nonfree firmware programs utilized with the kernel, are called "blobs", and that's how we use the term. In BSD parlance, the term "blob" means something else: a nonfree driver. OpenBSD and perhaps other BSD distros (called "projects" by BSD developers) have the policy of not including those. That is the right policy, as regards drivers; but when the developers say these distros "contain no blobs", it causes a misunderstanding. They are not talking about firmware blobs.

No BSD distribution has policies against proprietary binary-only firmware that might be loaded even by free drivers.

tl;dr: Making your computer work is less important than license autism, fuck debian and the BSDs for making your computer work easily.

Your computer should work under the implicit instruction of the end user, not the other way around.

Open sores does nothing to prevent that.

c.f. heartbleed

So because a forest fire can occur naturally we should pour oil over all the trees and run around with lighters?

>kde

memes

It makes the desk look not clean.

I actually only use it as a hobby to setup things manually and learn about UNIX in the process. Yes it's great for servers and perhaps even better than Linux at some server tasks. Also great for a NAS (see FreeNAS). You can use it as a desktop OS if you setup X, a WM and some other things, it'll work just fine and they even have all the instructions in their website/forum.

The main differences to Linux would be in the license (obviously), the default compiler (Clang instead of GCC), LLVM and the entire philosophy behind it. FreeBSD is more about doing things the right way, trying to keep gimmicks and workarounds out of their codebase and not surprising their users with sudden changes on how things work. Everything is incredibly well documented and you can always expect everything to work as they should work. Linux has more drivers though and the chances of you making it work well out of the box in a Laptop are higher.

Even then... If you value consistency, order, well engineered code structure, performance and reliability, FreeBSD might be worth trying.

>disguised desktop thread
>posts only the screenfetch

some people are retarded and think people actually care about their specs LOL

>PowerPC
>ARM

What device?

You can still control your system irregardless of it being open source software or not; it's just harder to do on closed systems.

Advertising is not allowed here.

It's a headless device so that's the desktop as well :^)

Orange Pi Zero. No idea why it shows as IBM PowerPC but at least the clock speed is right.

=w=

How the fuck you do that?

Put the color codes for the rainbow gradient in a grid.
Apply that grid to each character you print.

thanks, I will try that

I'm proud of you son...

I need more rice

Stay mad gnugger

Neat

>memes

Poorfag here

Hello, children

>manjaro

10/10

it's shit ikr.

Looking for a new gtk and icon themes, Arc-Dark+Numix is starting to get old.

n-nice desktop comrade...

oh great, are you a communist now

the h&s is mostly just a bait. i consider myself an anarchist atm

even worse lol

capitalism as it is today is honestly fucked imo, and that's what made me decide to look into alternatives. i'll admit i haven't taken the time to do a whole lot of reading yet, so my views could change eventually

what's an owo?

maybe, but getting rid of all rules and government is obviously not a viable solution in the modern world. another economic/political/ruling system would pop up anyways, so it's not even possible. it's a nice thought, though.

well, anarchism is really not about getting rid of rules and government, it's about reducing unjust hierarchy. so instead of having leaders and bosses, things would simply be decided more democratically, by those who are affected.

sorry for politics in Sup Forums. i'll just leave it there i guess

(。>﹏

ok

memes!

Here we go

>149
spammers are always newfags

I just got it recently, but I assure you I've fapped to anime tiddies here for years and then go to Sup Forums when I'm done.

What does the number mean??? This is the lowest I could find (different guy).

Which file manager is that, and how can I rice it like that?

>trust me guys, kde is stable now

I've been hearing this for about a decade now

DELID DIS

I recently switched to Xfeces from MATE, and I have to say I like it. Feels far more stable.