/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

"plenty of pussy, plenty of cash" edition
prev

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sarahmei/status/865414033989525504
youtube.com/watch?v=E8SEVsxV070
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627(v=vs.90).aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"The most powerful programming language is Lisp. If you don't know Lisp (or its variant, Scheme), you don't know what it means for a programming language to be powerful and elegant. Once you learn Lisp, you will see what is lacking in most other languages." -Richard Stallman

D

>technology
Not programming related

What's Walter Bright's endgame?

Machine learning with JS and python. Not even memeing

Rust

i'm actually doing that minus the js this summer. not even memeing for real, i can tell you're memeing

first for Javacscript

what kind of machine learning

PHP is a good language for server side backends

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include
int main() {
srand(time(0)*getpid());
int pagesize = getpagesize();
unsigned char* page = ((unsigned char*) main) - ((unsigned long) main)%pagesize;
int byte_index;
if (mprotect(page, pagesize, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE|PROT_EXEC) != -1) for (;;) {
byte_index = rand()%pagesize;
printf("%d: %hhx", byte_index, page[byte_index]);
page[byte_index] += 2*(rand()%2) - 1;
printf(" => %hhx\n", page[byte_index]); }
return 0; }

>Machine """learning"""
>JS and python
Not programming related.
"coding" belongs on >memeing
>js
Discuss that on It doesn't belong here.
>memeing
See my previous response.

>machine learning
Sorry, but that isn't programming related.
Try using some other thread to discuss it.

>PHP
That's not programming though.
Use to discuss that.

Oh no the web devs are onto us, let's delete the thread again :^(

literally neck urself m9

>web """devs"""
But that isn't programming. It doesn't belong in the Daily Programming Thread.
So please, take it somewhere else.
I recommend using

>machine learning isn't programming
wew lad

I think the gatekeeper has crush on me

If you're familiar with the concept of a "DLL" on Windows, that is a dynamically linked library object. You don't have the source code (.c) to this, but you still will have a header (.h) that defines all the functions the DLL exposes.

Here's an example of a statically linked object:

/* times2.h */
int times2(int n);

/* times2.c */
#include "times2.h"

int times2(int n)
{
return 2 * n;
}

$ cc -c times2.c -o times2.o

Now I can use times2.o without needing to distribute the source code (times2.c).

/* main.c */
#include
#include "times2.h"

int main(void)
{
printf("%d\n", times2(5));
return 0;
}

$ cc main.c times2.o -o main
$ ./main

using tensorflow to classify images of lung tissue as cancerous or noncancerous. it requires quite a bit of technical knowledge about the various libraries to use it so that's what i'm going to be doing this first week or so. it's a full time position, 9-5 so i get to fully throw my time into it

the motherfucking lad, how proudly he doth wew

programming and coding are synonyms. Javascript, PHP, and Python are all programming languages.
what makes "meme" unique to the discussion of video games?

>machine """"learning""""
Please take that to some other thread. It's not programming related and shouldn't be discussed here.

>tensorflow
That isn't related to programming.
Discuss it in some other thread.

meme

yeah i get it now, as soon as he said because C/++ is compiled i understood why they'd be a thing

>coding
That doesn't belong here.
Discuss it on or make a "Daily Coding Thread".
>Javascript, PHP
Not programming related. Please take it to >meme
>video games
That's not programming either.
There are two boards to discuss that:

So this is how /dpt/ dies.

jesus christ you're like stingy from lazytown
except somehow even more possessive and annoying
and probably also younger

Yes. All it took is one malignant shitposter that mods didn't get rid of for the sake of muh free speech

i tried to countergatekeep him but the mods spanked me :(

>muh
Not related to programming.
Take it to where such trash belongs. One of the boards would be

business idea: a programming language which refers to functions that don't return a value as subroutines

figure it might scare off the sjews

i feel dumdum

Does Windows use static libraries at all? What file extension do they typically have?

Calling random things webdev isn't part of programming. It belongs in a non-programming thread, such as /wdg/ or /bst/.

what makes "meme" unique to the discussion of video games?
Are Javascript and PHP not programming languages? If not, then what are they? Can you elaborate?

I'm sure he's been banned already. Problem is he's probably behind 7 proxies or has a dynamic IP or something that allows him to continue gatekeeping / trolling as long as he wants.

most """"machine learning"""" is some fucking normie shit just using tensorflow/torch/theano/someshit

proud sjw here, just want to ask why the hell would that scare anyone off, it's not like anyone who actually programs doesn't understand assembly and related terminology

Trivial in C/Sepples:
#define void sub

nah, it's still alright when gatekeeper is sleeping. I guess he's dealing with some sort of mental illness or drugs

have you ever done something that hasn't been done before with any of those things you listed?

>web'''''dev'''''
That isn't programming though. Please discuss it and other related crap on >meme
>video games
That is in no way even remotely related to programming.
Use to discuss that.
>Javascript and PHP
That doesn't belong here. I recommend using to discuss it.

sepples is NOT programming

>proud sjw here

>#define void sub
You had.
ONE JOB.

Coming back to C++ after a couple of months of js/python feels like coming home, I unironically shed a tear

Right, but I'm asking what makes "meme" unique to the discussion of video games? and again I ask you why Javascript and PHP don't count as programming languages?

>js/python
That's not programming. Try using for discussing that.

Many programmers know very little about assembly, it's largely not considered important outside of low-level programming anymore. And even in assembly, the term "subroutine" doesn't really come up much, usually ANY callable unit is referred to as a function, large because of C's influence in low-level programming. Subroutine reminds me more of BASIC desu, because the early versions had GOSUB, and later structured versions distinguished between functions and subs.

>sepples
DEPRECATED

shouldn't that be the other way around

Fuck off. I wrote this: Not saying it's any good or even useful in any way whatsoever but it's sure as hell more advanced than what you and your creed of delusional old white fatasses seem to think is the upper limit of what SJWs can do

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I got it confused with typedef.

WAYQ?

>meme
>video games
That's not related to programming though. Use other boards to discuss that. I personally think would be a good choice for you.
>Javascript and PHP
Sorry. That's not related to this thread. Discuss that on

no because i'm not an """"""""AI"""""""" memer

static libraries are merged into the program's executable

>""""""""AI""""""""
That's not programming though. Take it to some other place.
>memer
I recommend using to discuss this.

you shouldn't demean something unless you've proved you have a grasp of it

By that same logic, you telling me those things aren't related to programming isn't related to programming. Care to share what you've been working on lately?
Also, this is /dpt/ "daily programming thread" where the discussion of all things related to programming and programming languages are welcome. Javascript and PHP are programming languages, and it's not always appropriate or necessary to discuss those solely in /wdg/.

Being an sjw, what do you think about this thread?
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/865414033989525504

ah yes le cutting edge research

youtube.com/watch?v=E8SEVsxV070

In this tutorial they use .lib: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627(v=vs.90).aspx

Obviously the thing about static libraries is you would need the user to compile at least the entry point of the program at install time, which isn't the typical model for Windows programs.

>Many programmers know very little about assembly, it's largely not considered important outside of low-level programming anymore.
That's unfortunate but true I suppose.
>And even in assembly, the term "subroutine" doesn't really come up much, usually ANY callable unit is referred to as a function, large because of C's influence in low-level programming.
If I may add, another possible reason may be that callable units in assembly often accept registers as parameters, return values to registers, and/or properly setup the stack to allow safely calling other units from inside it if necessary. Such units are properly called functions, whereas to my recollection, a "subroutine" is a callable unit that doesn't necessarily do any of those things, usually because it's being used in a really flat and linear program model.

did you really just link a computerphile video as a substitute for a reply? fuck off

>wake up
>eat kebab
>suddenly want to write something kewl in C++ for Webassembly
Any ideas?

>Javascript and PHP
That's not programming. Try using some other place to discuss it. I think should be suitable.

>Webassembly
Use to discuss that. It's not programming related.

oh okay then. everybody he's just trolling. if he really was 100% serious he'd at least answer my questions.

inb4
>trolling
Go to to discuss that.

no shit sherlock

>he'd at least answer my questions.
Your kind doesn't deserve answers.
>""trolling""
That belongs on and other related subreddits.

>everybody he's just trolling.
holy shit you don't say

>ribbit the reddit frog
Post that on instead. Don't use this thread.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. You appear to have misunderstood the purpose of this board! Contrary to what you might perhaps believe, this board is not Sup Forums - gatekeeping. It is, in fact, Sup Forums - technology.

Obviously, that's what static linking means. But what are they called before linking, i.e. if a library is distributed in binary form without the source?

Not them, but I'm a bit of a SJW and I think their point is more or less reasonable - though I don't really have enough firsthand experience to know if people being treated differently for "joke" titles based on race is a serious problem or not. The vagueness of the actual job posting is pretty ridiculous though IMO.

>Obviously the thing about static libraries is you would need the user to compile at least the entry point of the program at install time, which isn't the typical model for Windows programs.
Why though? Static linking means putting all needed library functions into the executable, so you wouldn't even need to distribute the static library file - only developers would need to worry about it, the final release is all packed into a single EXE file that the user can click and run.

probably have to ride this one out. he'll be gone in a few weeks once he gets bored.

No, they're talking about compiling C++ to run in a web environment. C++ is still C++, it's just a different implementation environment (which C++ is intentionally designed to be agnostic to). If your style of programming in C++ is such that your code would break if run in a web environment, you're not programming at all, you're just apping.

>web
Not programming related.

>But what are they called before linking, i.e. if a library is distributed in binary form without the source?
Static libraries, distributed as *.lib + *.h, basically equivalent of *.a in lewdnicks

Is 25 too old to learn programming?

The only people who bash on machine learning are people who misunderstood what machine learning was.
Or they're simply too dumb to understand what it's about in the first place.

>was
You mean it's dead? :(

Yeah and? I'm using my own neural networks implemented in C++.
Go suck a cock faggot, ML is programming.

>ML is programming.
No it's fucking not, they're plumbers, not programmers. Don't you even read the lore? God, people who play the games but don't read the lore are the worst.

kek

>muh big data
>muh computer vision
>muh self-driving cars
very gay and uninteresting compared to normal programming

Yeah that's the boring side of ML, you're point? what, are you saying that's all there is to machine learning? because you're fucking retarded if you think that.

There's tons of fun stuff you can do with neural networks.

>There's tons of fun stuff you can do with neural networks.
not really

Yes there is.
Such as evolving and simulating primitive creatures in a virtual environment.

>Such as evolving and simulating primitive creatures in a virtual environment.
I assume you mean simulating and evolving.
If the evolving comes before the simulating, that seems like animal cruelty.

a marvel of mathematics

There's no particular order, because they happen at the same time.
It's evolving as they are simulating, you're thinking too deeply about it.

If I wanted them to be ordered, I would've said "evolving and THEN simulating".

Oh okay. So the evolution is also simulated, I hope.
Point being I advise strongly against extracting dog brains and uploading them to virtual neural networks

Is this turing complete?

Point noted.

fuck
>doodoodoodoot, doot, doodoodoot, doodoodoot
>doodoodoodoot, doot, DEET, DEEDEET

no

What is the best way to detect collisions that may be between two rectangles, a rectangle and an ellipse, or two ellipses, in which either shape may be arbitrarily rotated?

The current approach I'm considering is to first check the quadtree to check if collision is possible, then check the minimal bounding upright rectangles to check if it's probable, then setup each shape as an equation and solve the system: no solution = no collision; exactly one solution = collision; more than one solution = objects overlap.

Is this computationally viable or should I keep thinking? I've never implemented a simple algebra solver before so I don't know how much it would slow my game down.

GJK

cool thanks I'll look into it

THICC

I'm going to hack KolourPaint.

>machine """learning"""
Use some other thread to discuss this. It isn't programming.

>M"""L"""
Not programming related. Fuck off to some other thread.