Is Coffee Lake really coming 100% this year?

Is Coffee Lake really coming 100% this year?

I have a bad batch 3570k that could never overclock comfortably and a move with half its ports dead.

I think it can last until 2018 just wanna know if I should go Kaby or wait for Coffee.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11064/kaby-lake-e3-1200-v6-xeon-specifications
wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's Intel. You get a 1-2% difference and the socket will be out of date before the CPU, so who cares?

>Do you need maximum single-thread performance?
Buy i7-7700k (can't be beat)

>Do you need maximum multi-threaded performance?
Buy Ryzen 1700/1700x/1800x (can't be beat)

It's really simple.

The extra 2 cores will help PS3 emulation significantly, which is nice.

I want both I guess, I use alot of high end emulators and RPCS3 benefits most from most coars and single threaded performance.

PS3 emulation is finally making strides which is nice.

What multiplier/bus combo could your 3570 actually handle?

Never tried it hit uppers 70s when I stress tested it on stock, so I said nope.

I think you need a 7700k. Don't forget you'll need a massive cooler ($100) or watercooling ($150), a case to fit your cooling option and delidding.

>I want both I guess
And I want a pony and a magical rainbow to ride it on.

>intelturds have their 7th gen already deprecated
>but performance increase is only 1%
>their face when

I could get both now if I wanted to spend $1k+

But coffee lake should offer both for under $500(if it comes out this year)

I'm not retarded water cooling at best adds maybe 500mhz usually less vs air.

I can recycle my reliable Hyper 212 EVO too.

My Corsair 500r is still decent also.

>But coffee lake should offer both for under $500(if it comes out this year)
You're dreaming if you think the clocks on Coffee Lake 6 cores are going to come anywhere near the 4 cores. There's already leaked engineering samples showing it running at 3.5 GHz base.

8700K is 50% faster than the 7700K
80w 3.7ghz Skylake Xeon ( 120w if 1.5x cores )
72w 3.9ghz Kabylake Xeon ( 108w if 1.5x cores )
64w 4.1ghz Coffeelake Xeon ( 96w if 1.5x cores )

Clock rate isn't all that matters.

Besides it'll break 4.2 on air regardless overclocked which is plenty.

We'll see. I'd wait for benchmarks in any case.

>PS3 emulation
Why is it that every time somebody makes one of these threads they always mysteriously have some super specific use case that's obviously fishing for Intel recommendations?

>8700K is 50% faster than the 7700K

lmao

Shouldn't PS3 emulation benefit more from the high core count on Ryzen CPUs? PS3's cell CPU sounds like a perfect fit.

Nigga, do you even know what RPCS3 is like? The PS3 is an 8 core system to begin with and RPCS3 uses Vulkan. More cores is the best possible thing for it.

PS3 emulation has been best on AMD for awhile if you use a CPU under $1000

Coffee Lake will allow Intel to compete with AMD in PS3 emulation while having the better single threaded performance for other emulators that use less cores.

anandtech.com/show/11064/kaby-lake-e3-1200-v6-xeon-specifications
V5 and V6 here

Ryzen already has better IPC clock for clock than Kaby, and the more cores will result in lower IPC. Plus it'll probably cost twice as much.

Hilarious how Intlels are the new Waitfags.

Ryzen @ 4.0 GHz vs Coffee @ 4.2 GHz isn't going to be the huge single core speed boost you're hoping for.
Those are all 4 cores.

Yeah the price/performance ratio is going to be pretty pathetic. Intel is going to end up selling the i7-8700K for like $350-$400 vs the 1600 at $220.

It would be nice if some software starts getting written that takes advantage of that potential Ryzen IPC, but right now I don't see anything using it.

The only true upgrade is to Ryzen 7

3rd gen will be the same thing as 2nd gen to 1st gen

higher mhz/lower power per core

>having the better single threaded performance

Per clock, Intel is barely ahead (4-5%). That is why they are going to get killed in the server market when Epyc launches.

By adding more cores Intel will have to reduce their clock-speed, removing the main advantage they have over AMD in single-core performance.

Adding more cores will force them to reverse this trend and decrease mhz/increase power per core.

I wouldn't be surprised if CoffeeLake actually loses performance relative to Skylake in single-thread performance at stock.

>PS3 emulation
PS3 emulation? Really? PS3?
That shit has no fucking games and you can buy it for like $30. Furthermore, you can hack it to play pirated games. Why would you emulate that shit? And why would you build a pc specifically for this purpose? You retard going to spend 30x what a ps3 would cost.

6800 easily takes 4.4Ghz.
So, coffee lake will at least be the same.

IDK most of the i7-7700k seems to get 5.0ghz quite easily a lot even pushing 5.2ghz. Intel seems to be using a new better foundry process. AMD Ryzen on the otherhand can't seem to OC for shit.

People want a pc that can do what all systems combined can.

>pelagea ASMR
get that bullshit out of here, get back to /wsg/

My 3570K gets 4.3Ghz at 1.28v and touches 90^C on stress tests with aftermarket air.

Should I kill it or myself?

delid that shit

too lazy, too pussy

That is a way better binned HEDT CPU. No way you're getting 4.4GHz unless you win the silicon lottery.
Total bullshit. 5 GHz is crazy already, 5.2 GHz is winning the silicon lottery.

I swear the number of people that think every Intel CPU can OC to ridiculous levels and everyone's a winner when you open the fucking box ..

PooInteloos on SUICIDE WATCH.

Gaymers on SUICIDE WATCH.

IPC doesn't change unless they went to 10nm from 14nm or they used a new architecture.

With 3rd gen 14nm, 4.1ghz 64w for a quad core xeon is possible. The xeon equivalent with 50% more cores could be as low as 96w if no extra memory channels were included.

50% more cores only increases power by 1.5x.
And add to that it'll be on a higher mhz/power per core process node.

>Just Wait(TM)
LMAO

>just wait for zen2
>just wait for zen3
>just wait for BESIN FALLS
>just wait for coffin lake
Holy shit fuck off and die.

Will you fuck off with this shit? Clockspeed doesn't scale linearly with TDP, Intel isn't going to sell you a highly binned Xeon for $350, and you're not getting a 50% performance increase from a minor process optimization.

More like Coffey Cake, amirite? Hah

I'll wait for Coffee just to see their affordable 6-cores.
I want to build on Christmas so plenty of time.

>affordable 6-cores
Compared to what, their insane HEDT prices? It's still going to be shit price/performance compared to a 1600 or even a 1600X.

>waiting for a relatively expensive 6 core instead of getting 8 cores RIGHT NOW
Just wait huh, you Intel fucks?

whatever get's your little dick hard pajeet.
the difference between us and you autisticmicrodicks is we just have to wait months not years.

and op Just Waitâ„¢ computex is 8 days away if there is any news about it (there will be) it will be there. im waiting for coffee lake too.

>Just keep waiting(TM)!
LMAO

>Just Waitâ„¢

10 rupees were deposited to your shilling ryzen account

>tfw waited 5 years for ryzen to only just catch up to year old Intel architecture
>tfw has absolutely dominated the market during that time and has so much money now
>tfw Intel has some a completely new architecture planned for 2020 that will blow ryzen out of the water
>tfw Intel will still be the leading in market share by 2020 even if their CPUs are straight up worse right now because they already have a huge lead

Jk waitfags can fuck off. The only time of the year its justified to wait is may because new PC parts come out right after computex. Otherwise just buy the product that best suits your needs right now. Sell it later when something better comes out. I plan on selling my 6700k + Mobo this summer. We will see if threadrapper will violate the competition. Otherwise the 1700 seems like an amazing buy.

Their new arch is Itanium 2.0. Backwards compat is intentionally broken. Performance will be pretty bad at first. wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/

>falling for the coffin lake meme
MOAR CORES means less GIGAHURTZ

>Intel releases Coffee Lake-S 6 core CPUs
>Less single core performance than 4 core i7-7700K and costs $50 more
>Doesn't do as well in gaymes benchmarks, doesn't OC as well
>Still can't beat AMD on multithreaded performance for the price
>Enthusiasts freak out, accuse Intel of selling out to AMD's moar cores approach
>Countless autismbots reccomend i7-7700K or i7-7740K over i7-8700K because MUH FPS
>All 3 of them still require DELID because Intel are cheap-asses

This is the future you chose.