/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Zionists:
youtube.com/watch?v=styLx-iWwC8

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:
>60496532

Other urls found in this thread:

romainjerome.ch/product/tourbillon-pokemon/
ebay.com/itm/192006614017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I keep fucking up the links edition

Can someone post the finishing comparison pic of the 4 watchmakers?

I would like a perpetual calendar watch, preferably quartz battery or solar

Something that is not busy as all hell on the dial, basically a simple diver type watch with perpetual day date

is there such a thing?

There are more than 4 watchmakers user

Here m8.

Why no seiko 007 there?

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

Anything similar that's not 10 years out of manufacture?, this can't be the only quartz perpetual calendar diver watch ever made

First for
> 855.35

wutzat

Escapement of a 9S85.

Which GS was yours again nineball? Forget the number.

Pic

Thank you

Nineball why are you posting potato quality pictures

Why aren't you?

SBGH031

Alright can you tell me what this thing does

Looks like the magic lever used for bi-directional winding like you'd see in seikos to me.

Magic lever.

>thinking about getting a watch off Jomashop because it's $700 cheaper than anywhere else

How much of a mistake is this

Are there watches with dials like this?

That's one ugly watch

Anything with actual rings, not belts?

Yes, but it's even uglier.

Really don't know why they become try-hards with car watches.

Car watch should follow the aesthetics of the car. Something you can wear that goes well with the car. It doesn't have to be the car though.

What does /wt/ think oph Archie?

kek
Somebody paid over $200 for a watch totally ruined with overpolishing it.

Still better than Hodinkee

At least they didn't pay $1k for an Alpinist.

>overpolishing
How can you tell?

Somebody took TGV shilling too seriously apparently.

It says in the description that the wapanese seller polished the fuck out of it himself.

Just remember that you have essentially no warranty

That's pocket change though

Yeah I know

I wanted to get this discount JLC

Hey guys, so I've never owned a decent watch before. Just off the shelf watches from Crazy Clarks but as of this evening, I bought this Seiko snn241. Did I do good? Got it for around $75

Well for that price it's alright, can't really go wrong with Seiko unless you overpay.

romainjerome.ch/product/tourbillon-pokemon/

PIKAA

I planning to buy one, there's a shop that sell it for 400$, should i do it?

No. They used to sell for $250-290 before TGV started shilling em

Just wait until the hype is over

Holy shit, you couldn't have picked a worse brand to go jomashop-tier grey market route.

Joma don't hold stock; you'll likely be waiting for weeks to get what you want if you order. JLC join the cadre of makers that are inclined to discourage grey market purchases via servicing fuckery. Read stories about people that bought legit JLC from an AD and get treated like shit by richemont service?

Now no AD's got your back and your shit perpetually stays at the back of the service que as they have no incentive to prioritise you over those that have bought from their dealers.

Don't buy special delicate snowflake shit like JLC with servicing issues from junk grey market sellers; there are better grey market dealers out there that will act as proxy for you with the AD from which they got the watch from for cheap in the first place, so in that case there is a warranty, but it's just not in your name. Regardless, with a brand with as messy a servicing reputation as JLC, all these extra steps and hands the watch would have to pass through when there is a problem doesn't make it worth bothering with imo.

Pass, find a better seller, or save up and find an AD with good discounts (or buy used).

Shit, my autistic rant still stands but your "discount jlc" pic finally fucking loaded for me (clover).

I still wouldn't bother with joma. The MB is simple enough that going to a more reliable grey dealer should do you. I'd pass on the shitters desu.

What are some cheap dress watches for a wristlet?
Really liked the Orient Bambino v2 but at 40mm it's kind of big for me.

seiko 5

Which one?

Parnis Tudor homage

Regarding the Orient Bambino; How yellow is the 'brown' dial version of it ?

C'mon guys

what it's a good looking watch

If you really are wristlet, go vintage: the world is your oyster. Lots of decent shit going for cheap as no one wants it. Solid gold stuff from decent marques for virtually nothing by comparison.

I'm going to Japan in a few months, but I'm a college student and i can't justify a watch for myself right now more than $200. Any pointers on what I should get that would be unique in Japan?

>BB subby chinkshit abomination

Orient are nice watches especially since it uses an in house movement the true downside for me is it looks like a cheap watch in person.

In case anyone's interested, there's a geneve megasonic on ebay right now.

www.ebay.ca/itm/172682101573

I have a dukudu, it's super nice, cost me like 250aud

>this guy

What the fuck? He bumps them every week? That is extremely autistic

Found this watch, it does everything i need it to do.

ebay.com/itm/192006614017

And the battery life is amazing

Casio MTP

Redpill me on the Orient Mako ii blue dial, Sup Forums

I'm about to get it.

If the bezel is misalinged, you're in for a bad time.
But it's a great watch overall.

The numerals look retarded and the blue dial Ray 2 is an all around nicer looking watch.

>bezel is misalinged
I don't even know what this means
ELI5? haven't owned a watch in 20 years

I like mako's lines better than Ray's circles/dots

The the lines on the bezel, don't match the lines on the dial, then you cannot correct this by removing and replacing the bezel insert due to how Orient have cut away at the insert.

main reason for owning a watch for me is aesthetic
I'll probably still use my smartphone to check the time, I'm too used to it now

Reserve power time is fucked on my automatic it's no between 7 and 8 hours, any way to fix this without a maintenance check at factory? It would cost as much as the watch

Casio is hopping on the >muh minimal with straight lugs bandwagon

yay or nay?

black one looks better imo

Not even on sale yet though

Is getting sufficiently wound?
Is it running faster than it has in the past as well?

The word "align" is too hard to spell for some Sup Forums users.

Hands are too short

looks like no lume

nay

Eh, not every watch needs to have lume

I agree on the hands being short though, pic related is my favorite new casio release.
Perfect case size, and it's boring enough to not stand out, while at the same time not being >minimul

The no lume bothers me less than the imprecision of not having minute marks.

> Is getting sufficiently wound?
I'm wearing it all day long I only have problems during the weekend when I sleep more and wake up to find my watch have stopped not long ago
> Is it running faster than it has in the past as well?
No, 1 to 3 extra minutes a month like always

/3133/ anyone?

Any opinion/history on Helbros?

Two of them arrived just now that I got from Ebay. One is a mechanical that needs a new crown and winding stem (A. Schild movement, should be plenty of parts available). The other is an electronic balance wheel watch.

The mechanical ran a bit when I shook it a bit, which is a good sign. The electronic arrived ticking, with a battery in, but the hands aren't running, the geartrain might be stuck, I'll open it tomorrow at work, since I don't have any caseback tools at home.

Good condition on both of them, especially the mechanical.

Sellers pic of the mechanical movement, AS 1914, looks pretty nice.

Model name is Helbros Invincible.

Fuck.

Also this NOS rubber strap arrived for my 2209 Amphibia. Nice soft and flexible and shit.

Alright, enough blogposting for now. Like, upvote and subscribe!

I like the 3133, but I'm not a big fan of the Milanese mesh on it. I just don't feel like that band goes with that watch.

How much of a wristlet are you and what is your budget? Is a 38mm Seiko SARB unsuitable? I know its not a dress watch, but it's dressy enough to use on formal occasions without looking out of place.

Vintage Seiko 5? Mine cost less than £10, is 36mm and looks great on a perlon.

The Milanese is from my Vostok GMT SE and tough it would look nice on the 3133. I know this kind of watch historically belongs on leather but this may be more suitable for the summer and it looks fine imo.
Pic related is the strap I was using before.

Could get vintage Soviet. I got a Sekonda De Luxe on eBay for cheap, it's around 35mm I think.

Thoughts on my current watch?

I have a fund I am dumping cash into in order to trade up for a submariner.

Love this watch but I have a massive erection for divers.

Engraved mainspring barrels are cool

It's pretty gay.

get a subby, show your individuality

I like your current watch a lot more than a sub, especially the grotesque new maxicase subs. To each their own, I guess.

>no date

stopped right there

I'd buy a 16610. No supercase for me. Thanks anonfam

>No supercase for me
>grotesque new maxicase subs

You ppls only say that because you have smaller wrists.

The new sizes look awesome even on a 7" wrist.

I like the slim lugs on the old models. I don't have wristlet problems.