Sad Russians?

Just curious, do Russians like being sad? It seems like the whole country is bleak and depressing. Communism never emphasized bright colors or happiness. Russian leaders are dour, strong men. People do not smile at each other. Alcoholism is the norm. Is there happiness in Russia? Why is it so sad? Has it ever been happy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPJuAu0THow
youtube.com/watch?v=cWBKFr3AvdA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't understand it either. Russia must be a happy place to live

Some cultures believe you should be depressed and sad all the time or you're an idiot. France is another example.

I'm so depressed that I didn't go with my best friend to buy clothes today, even though I had promised him that I will. Not even the first time, sometimes I just hate seeing other people.
Instead I just sit on my arse and incinerate muh kush

I feel ok at the moment.

childhood memories

Cute.

you're a bad person

Seriously Russia looks like the setting of a post-apocalyptic survival game

Probably

I don't believe at anything.
Religion was fucked, communism was fucked. Capitalism was fucked.
Everyone hate Russia, when it trying to be strong.
Everyone hate Russia, when it became weak.
I have no hope here.

Stop caring about what others think. Only belief should be in power.

>Just curious, do Russians like being sad?
You don't understand Russian happiness, what may seem like misery and sadness to you will seem like somehting okay for a Russian.

>Communism never emphasized bright colors or happiness.
It did but only in certain places, like the metros and land marks. Russians don't like when things are too colorful and bright.

>People do not smile at each other.
This is normal, if you randomly smile at strangers then something is wrong with YOU.

>Alcoholism is the norm.
Alcoholism was never the norm, the norm is to drink occasionally and at every important event, including funerals.

>Is there happiness in Russia?
More than you think, Russian people can be happy even without much, as long as hey have their families and friends.

>Why is it so sad?
It's not.

>Has it ever been happy?
It's always happy.

Russian friends of mine said that looking or acting cheerful makes people think you're a goofy retard.

If you look at Russian history, I suppose it makes some sense. Misery piled upon misery - only a retard would be cheerful. The country itself is a bit of a dystopia, but so is Brazil and yet they always seem upbeat.

Weather probably also has something to do with it. Finns are sour. Swedes are sour. Norwegians are sour. Icelandics are sour. Scots are sour-ish (those that aren't influenced by the Irish). My theory is that the signs of winter encourage your body to go into more of a hibernation-type state by making you anti-social and depressed.

You only mention thing and ideas, which are not real deals.

You have to become something that add value to people's life to become respected.

And also fucking architectors keep making these ugly boxes. We Russians know that such housing can not grow optimistic person. But there is nothing we can do about it. As if cursed.

Hi I posted a thread but since this is relevant to Russia someone please help me understand what this security procedure is asking???
"Bвeдитe чиcлo тpиcтaдвaдцaтьвoceмь цифpaми"

what does that mean?

Paint them white. They look better then.

Those buildings aren't even finished, and what's so bad about tall apartment buildings?

Type "328"

>write in a number threehundredtwentyeight

enter the digits 328

>Everyone hate ChinaRussiaUSA, when it trying to be strong.
>Everyone hate ChinaRussiaUSA, when it became weak.
This is the price of being a superpower.

damn

thank you! you are both better than google translate!

>Russians don't like when things are too colorful and bright.

Ever seen the Kremlin? It looks like something out of Disneyland.

Not really

It is very pretty.

I want them destroyed. I want to destroy all these "sleeping districts" What houses were needed for "building communism". And now they must be destroyed.

those roads man... Fix them and it won't be so bad

Vodka and violence makes them happy

They need more colour, and flags and buntings. Then they would look nicer.

They don't look bad at all, just need some decorations and this

It being "fixed" every fucking year using shit to be shit every spring again

They wouldn't look so bleak if they were topped with landscaping -- grass, bushes, and trees. Good for the environment, too.

You Belarus are stuck in the USSR

People are always depressed when they have no money or when they live in cold climate. Russia combines both factors.

You should try it.

This. Sad people consume less energy and tend to stay home more. Something that would be helpfull living in a cold place. Also, hot wheater makes humans go MAD. Truly overated climate.

Maybe I will go to Crimea. I'm tired of winter and darkness in 7 months in the north. In my town salaries are small, in Crimea salaries are small. At least I will see the Sun and dont worry about -40 C
Why do people live in the north? In Soviet times there was mined something. Now it makes no sense to live there.

Probably the lack of sun has also something to do with it.

Yep if you don't pump oil there is no reason to spend your life up north.

I heard it had something to do with buying land and make the most profit out of it. The system is made to build this way.

>pay local government guy
>upgrade to commie block

they're too used to despair and violence for us to really understand.

You heard right.
Probably less profitable now because people don't buy a lot of flats anymore.

Cold, darkness, big alcohol culture and lost hockey matches is reason for Finland's depression.

Take away lost hockey matches, put in corrupt government, blank living environment and shit load of grey and you have reason for Russia's depression.

Yep. There was restriction to 5 floors without lift in "sleeping districts", 9 floors houses with lift and 3 floors in historic center of city. Now they make even 32 floors anywhere because building company owner paid to local governs

>an American that isn't used to violence

I don't believe you.

You should swap hockey matches,
We're losing to Finland every year now.

My brother told me that there is no such thing as a "destination plan" like we have here. If i want to build a flat like that in the Netherlands, the local government would stop me from doing so because they decide how a city is planned.

My brother even speaks Russian. I have been with him to Russia and really liked it. Everyone was so friendly. And it is such a huge country. Amazing.

I grew up in a house and now I hate it. When I grew up, then I bought a private house for me and my parents. in my former apartment now live some asians, because the real owner does not want to live there. My neighbor even went to Thailand and rents his apartment. He also hates how this house looks.
And not only looks like. The neighbors are noisy, smoke in the hallway, leave garbage outside their door in the entrance always homeless ppl or drunkards, theres always some fight because of where to put the car.

I think such plans exist by easily bypassed by corruption shortcuts.
>Everyone was so friendly
Not the compliment Russians often hear, I'm glad you liked it here.

Nah it is a meme, i was in russia and it is fantastic. The people are very funny and happy. They dont run towards you with fake smiles and "how is your day sir?" stuff. They little bit shy too.

Even in siberia all the kids go outside and build snowmen, build snowfortresess and laugh and giggle all the time shooting snowballs at eachother. They experience all kinds of adventures playing in the unbuilded commie blocks or gather berries in forrest.

The real sad/angry kids are mostly in west. Because they are fed with all the illusions like smartphones, computers, internet and drugs. of course russia becomes slowly western too.

it is all matter of perception, for one guy hes happy with this and other with that. In fact i knew a wallstreet guy who lost 1 million dollars 3 years ago in a deal and shot his brains out while having another 20 million dollars in his account, i was like WTF ? you got already so much money and kill urself just because u lost 1 million ? I think such a person is realy sad to me. It all depends on a person.

youtube.com/watch?v=uPJuAu0THow

Not all your fault though, right? Ice is a bitch.

>Nah it is a meme, i was in russia and it is fantastic. The people are very funny and happy

t. Ivan heinz Kolbasoff

What drives the industry now then if people aren't mining?

That's funny coming from a Frenchman. You know what the difference is between visiting your country and Russia? If a French person can't understand me, for whatever reason (mostly because they don't want to speak English) they will ignore me. And act annoyed like the fucking arrogance pieces of shit that the French are.

This is something i never came across in Russia or any other country.

>t. Ivan heinz Kolbasoff
You really showed him.

Problems with russians is they think that western people live much better, got more money, and are happier. This is what makes russians little whiny bitches. The biggest problem of russians is that they are extremly lazy, the lazesit people on planet in fact.

Here example: german guy went their to work, he was a boss of the company, he worked 10-12 hours a day, in the field not in office, went to people checked everything, worked physicly too. The russians wer shoked, they never tought a boss could do it, so they think the boss should be simply siting in office, chilling.

All russians have this "manager" attitude, every fuking russians wants to be a "manager" sitting in front of pc doing absoltly nothing while makings lots of money.

this is secret why soviet union was strong, because people wer forced to work. of course corruption killed it because few parasites of politburo sucked the workers dry. in order to buy it for pennies due to privatization.

Why west is more successfull economcly, is because of greed, while soviet time was based on fear and force to work, the western model is more "free" if you want to be wealthy `? then work harder/smarter and earn more. So people usually work out of greed more then they need, thus creating this economic bubble.

Italians do this.

Yes native french men are disguting arrogant people. I met lots of "abduls" and "mutombos" from france, born their and lived their. I asked them why did you come to germany ? They say france is shit to many foreigners. I loled.

So do you work to live or live to work?

>Why is it so sad?

This

I was in italy, lots of gypsies their, they wer especially "friendly" to my big fat classmate, they tickle him and he was laughing, i said to him are u stupid ? They fonddleing you for pickpocketing.

italians looks like gypsies to me.

In fact italians are the biggest wizards to me in europe, they take simply grain and make overpriced pasta with some old shitty tomatoes on top. Or take waht is left over and put it on pidda bread and charge lots of money for that.

Live is work

Work is life

Thing about russians is that they are idle at work.

They have this mentality just "being" at work instead of producing something efficently.

It is not about working, but producing something for the society, this is what russians lack off. because of lazyness.

(pbuh)

It's not laziness. They are fucked up in a circle of corruptness. That started with the ending of the Soviet Union.

I know. I only want to get by on my job to get some money to spend it on things I actually like. It's like selling time, I wish I didn't have to do it.
Probably what you're saying stems from Soviet era when it didn't matter how hard you worked - everyone was getting the same wage.

Probably well before that. The USSR itself seemed to push that culture, especially in the Brezhnev era.

They consider smiling or being happy all the time synonymous with being a dullard.

Comfy as fuck. Cold, dark winter days are my favorite.

>implying we dont have corruption

our royal family parasites are just as corrupt, people want to live on other expensees and what is that ? Lazyness.

>everyone was getting the same wage.
Nah it is a meme. some got 200 rubbles some got 300 depends on the job.

Yeah.

We have a government that kinda works, or i "fair".That is a huge difference.

Yeah, these can be depressing. But they're just building blocks mate. Go to Kolomenskoye or Sokolniki park, weather today isn't as shit as yesterday.

I guess we might be a little more culturally colder than some western countries, but not that much.

>We have a government that kinda works, or i "fair".That is a huge difference.
I loled.

> do Russians like being sad?

It's really hard to be happy when your life is shit full of misery, poverty, pain and suffering.

>Is there happiness in Russia?

Yes, but not much.

>Why is it so sad?

Just look at history and you realize why.

>Has it ever been happy?

Yes, there were some short periods of time we were happier than usual. Like just after WW2 or in the early 1960s.

But we aren't a superpower anymore. To be honest even the USSR wasn't a real superpower, all its ideology was based on confrontation with the West.

Rude.

They are. It's just autumn on the picture. In the region where do i live the grass is green only 2-2.5 months a year.

>Some cultures believe you should be depressed and sad all the time or you're an idiot. France is another example.
Huh n-no?

high buildings are good for sniper warefare in case of war. having papercardboard houses in case of war is shitty. russia think always case of war.

>Russia
>Industry
It's dead

youtube.com/watch?v=cWBKFr3AvdA

That's not laziness, but lack of motivation. Why would anyone work better without getting paid better?

But you will get more.

Wage growth rate during 2000-2014 was higher than productivity growth rate.

You can check this chart and see.

Basically, you don't deserve high wages in the first place yet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked?wprov=sfla1

When I was in the 9th grade I was doing an internship in a russian travel agency (it belonged to the dad of a friend of mine) and literally all we did was sitting in front of the computers playing counter strike. I was laughing at the other kids who had to do actual work

Thanks Abdul. I was not talking about yours.

Because russia is a fucking trash country

>war

The last war in that area was taking place about 500 years ago, when the first Russian colonists were conquering Siberia. And now their descendants are playing stupid games, watching degenerate japanese cartoons, shitposting in the internet and dressing up in animal costumes. How low have we fallen...

>tfw you will never meet a qt Russian/Ukrainian girl and rescue her from her miserable life

You cannot rescue her, there would be still Russia somewhere deep inside her soul.

Where are you from originally? You are making mistakes with articles and word order that are the same in German and English (I.e. there are mistakes in basic sentences that would translate literally word for word).

You might want to talk with someone that fully grew up and then worked as an adult under communism. Going to work and not doing much was the norm. "Should we do preventative maintenance on that machinery as I indicated in the manual? No, let's not and when it breaks we'll just order a replacement."

Went to Russia and was genuinely surprised by a few things.
>Moscow is full of fucking asians
>Everyone is genuinely helpful
>Someone I met spoke perfect English

Wouldn't want to live there in all honesty but really enjoyed the trip.

Also the best Burger King I've ever eaten was in Russia.

Yeah it was horrible. But the switch to capitalism was really fucked up for the Russians. The ones in power took it all. I'm filling my tank here in western Europe with Lukoil.

>wow, we can now own every state owned company
>we can do whatever the fuck we want

That is the problem with Russia. Not the people. I would not call the USA fat bastards with no healthcare..

Oh maybe i just did because of the ruse.