What do you guys think about wannacry ransomeware attack?

Other urls found in this thread:

travelers.com/cyber-insurance
intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ehh seems like the nicest virus I've ever seen. Reinstall Windows on another hard drive and wait 6 months to save your files. Maybe you can even set windows time forward 6 months, don't know how its set up. Either way, I'm curious as to where people get it.

Meh.
I have insurance.
>reformat
>reinstall backups that I maintain religously

Falseflag. They just want bitcoin to look like shady blackmarket currency.

False flag.

What do i think....

oy vey goy, its just a coincidence. don't be anti-semitic.

Have to agree with "false flag"
Similarities found with previous code attributed to NK. Guess they're talking about Sony's network being destroyed, which coincidently purchaced the rights to the snowden story, but it was supposedly NK that did it over some low budget crappy movie. The cybersecurity bill was also going through congress at the time, and the attack helped pass it.
Now this, as they're trying to kill net neutrality which will end internet freedom as we know it.

sage because this thread isn't /diy/.

I download tons of shit running non-updated Win7 and didn't get it. Was sort of bummed, it seems cool.

and here i am on windows 7 with nothing but windows defender and common sense 2013 and have never had a virus let alone ransomware

it spreads mainly via network share - if you are an individual user, in a non-workplace setting, with a non-networked PC - you gonna need to do something stupid to initially catch the ransomware, click on a PDF or exe infected with the delivery virus, for example.
If you in a workplace with 10s or 1000s of networked PCs, however, you only need one idiot on your whole network to click on something stupid, your machine then gets infected via network automagically. This is why it tends to affect large organisations with a lof of network users such as the NHS, rather than individuals - as a 'normal' non-networked user, your actual chances of catching it are near null.

Seems pretty useless, just wipe your disk and reinstall windows.

>Have to agree with "false flag"
nice fanfic there, partner

There's also the case of retards taking infected computers and attaching them to other networks. Laptops and such seem like a prime vector for infection. A retarded sister might bring home her infected laptop and before you know it your entire home network is completely fucked.

Hey shut up

It's a fact that whenever something bad happens and is attributed to a group it's actually the opposition of that group that is the true mastermind

>network admin allows users to execute any file
lol fuck those incompetent faggots

Cry you Cry

cry

Disabled SMB1 on day one. No problem ever since. You don't even have to do that, just don't be a dumbfuck and open suspicious files.

Hey, that's an idea, what about a ransomware insurance company?

NSA is no different than GNAA

Cyber insurance is real: travelers.com/cyber-insurance

just disable smbv1 and be smart when browsing, I dont get it how people pick it up even if their OS is old and outdated

makes me wana cry

old news
boring

I don't think about it.

>intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
Is this site actually legit? coz shit's going down atm

I think we don't need ten threads about it

>automagically

>intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
yep it's legit

Another Windows exclusive.

>russ*a hardest hit