HUGE CULLING OF IT WORKERS IN 2017-2018

Modern-day applications don't require large teams of engineers doing software development: They are user-customizable and can be built by anyone with basic programming skills.

The big threat posed by automation has left both companies and their employees struggling.

China is well aware of the threat to its industry and is taking the lead in building zero-labor manufacturing plants, with robots doing practically all of the work.

American businesses are not geared to take advantage of manufacturing robots because they simply do not have the IT know-how.

Companies are changing the focus of their investment from services to technology products and to solve problems outside information technology.

WHO

MUH DICK

>They are user-customizable and can be built by anyone with basic programming skills
I think you're confusing "batch scripts" with "applications"

>American businesses are not geared to take advantage of manufacturing robots because they simply do not have the IT know-how.
Yet Hon Hai is going to employ robots in the US.

> Automation is possible
> The point of automation is often to get rid of less productive people and their wages
No shit.

> IT is affected more than average
Bullshit. IT and programmers and so on are the ones that will be replaced to a lesser degree than everyone else. Because they are part of what's needed to support all the robots and automation.

> Companies are changing the focus of their investment from services to technology products and to solve problems outside information technology.
Lel, wat? If anything is growing at an astounding rate still, it's information technology support of corporate processes.

Operated by Chinese, not Americans

Modern day applications don't require any programmers because they can built by pointing and clicking on a platform like Salesforce. For say a large manufacturing company they can replace all their in house built web applications and mobile applications with stuff on Salesforce for a fraction of the cost and fire all but one or two developers and all the support staff that used to manage the non-end user centric servers.

So yeah they still need IT for windows servers to run the network, but the Linux guys running the application servers, they are no longer needed.

It's not like Salesforce is the only platform either. HR bullshit can be replaced with WorkdaY. Payroll can be replaced with a ton of different saas providers. Concur takes care of expense reporting.

Basically any company that isn't creating a software platform to run their business can replace everything they do with cloud based SAAS services and fire most if not all of their developers. This is the future.

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>.bat
winbabby detected

>start talking about software development
>start talking about how China is building robots for their factories to replace manual labor
???

Good. IT workers are overpaid.

.sh > .bat
However it kills me that still .ps1 > .sh

>oobash when?

Excellent. I'm a commissioning engineer and I generate value directly. No more dealing with smug HR faggots who justify their existence with the paperwork they create, or accountants riding me over a 5 dollar taxi ride expense.

*rubs engineering hands jewishly*

Who is this penis machinist?

The flaw in your argument op is that tech can't be bullied like workers can. If something's not to spec tech just won't work until fixed. Unlike workers who can be told to fuck off and JFDI then blamed when it all goes wrong.

So in the short term at least until management attitudes change, no fucking way.

Rosangela espinoza

Go into healthcare cunt, people there are so retarded with technology and your skills will always be in demand. Even better, become an RN by taking a 2-year bridging degree and ride the union gravy train for the rest of your life.

>tech can't be bullied like workers

WTF are you talking about? Tech makes workers obsolete.

>sensationalist title
>tits in pic
>Trump levels of fear mongering

The IT sector has been far too slow to adapt to new technology. Nearly half of IT workers' jobs will be "irrelevant" over the next three to four years.The industry will have to retrain 50-60 per cent of the workforce.

Ruby and Python > Ps1 > bash (for anything complex enough that this argument matters)

Those are beyond titty
They're teats

>Work at e-commerce site
>Pretty small
>Takes 12 of us to maintain it

>le robots meme
come the fuck on

It's already happening

Trump was supposed to prevent this by kicking out the poo in loos

It's accelerating it. They were gonna lose their jobs anyway.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HER SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

When is software engineering going to be automated? I hate my job and just want to be a NEET.

>Modern-day applications don't require large teams of engineers doing software development: They are user-customizable and can be built by anyone with basic programming skills.
Innovations don't die.
>The big threat posed by automation has left both companies and their employees struggling.
Automation doesn't need support from technicians? I don't think they are smart enough to do self-maintenance.
>China is well aware of the threat to its industry and is taking the lead in building zero-labor manufacturing plants, with robots doing practically all of the work.
Of course.
>American businesses are not geared to take advantage of manufacturing robots because they simply do not have the IT know-how.
Thanks for info?
>Companies are changing the focus of their investment from services to technology products and to solve problems outside information technology.
And how is IT dying? If anything, they need more brain than brawn now.

Look at the statistics, IT services companies from US to Europe to China to India are all firing thousands of people and no rehiring new ones because their jobs are now obsolete.

Because upper management got smarter. They rather outsource to one-off cheap startups than paying IT employees per month.