Anyone use Vivaldi as their browser? I've been using it for a few months and I like it a lot

Anyone use Vivaldi as their browser? I've been using it for a few months and I like it a lot.

What's Sup Forums's favorite browser for power users?

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why does a browser need to be proprietary?

Isn't this like the third or fourth Vivaldi thread we've had in 24 hours? Christ.

>What's Sup Forums's favorite browser for power users?
FireFox

Vivaldi devs shill here for some reason. I only say they are devs instead of just normal shills because they will often get into autistic arguments over extremely technical issues if pushed.

>Not opera 12
>can't be customized like opera 12
>had to get creative with xdg to make it properly handle magnet links unlike opera 12 which can launch a shell command to handle any protocol it's not familiar with
>no built in email client like opera 12
>4 times the size of opera 12
Yeah, it's the "this site is too fucking bloated to work in Opera 12" browser.

>oh hey you guys
>whew
>I just got back
>So let's get started
>I'll go first
>Sup Forums is an anarchic discussion forum
>But we can change that
>we can turn Sup Forums into a more sterile version of facebook, reddit or amazon
>we can turn every thread on every board into a Frank Luntz style focus group
>we can replace discussion with reflexive reactions
>the internet is not for freedom or discussion
>the internet should be like the stores and TV channels in THX-1138
>What Do You Guys Think?

i'd love it if it could import my fucking passwords from firefox. i'm not manually adding 200+ logins, so until that works i only use vivaldi like 5% of the time.

Satan quads confirm Vivaldi is not good enough. Threads over. Nothing else to see.

holy shit that was my first quads in like 6 years and i wasted it complaining about a browser godfuckingdamnit.

I'll start using it once they have proper popup blocking implemented. That's the only problem I've had with it.

I use it since Firefox is killing itself. It's alright, but it's not the glory days of Opera 12.

ungoogled chromium obviously

Use Lynx

I'm giving it a go at the moment. Presentation is great, but it seems to have a tough time with ebay.

I'm just trying to buy a new mouse and every single thing about ebay makes the browser freeze for like 10 seconds.

So devs watching this thread. Fix that shit. Otherwise it's a p. good browser.

I used it for awhile and might try it again, main problem was that it desynced audio on youtube videos when I used it last.

It's not. They just don't host it on cuckhub.
vivaldi.com/source/

Accessible source =/= open source

How hard did you hit your head as a child, exactly?

kys lesbian retard

So you are the one who's shilling vivaldi for a few months. How many shekels do they pay you, goyim?

>vivaldi.com/source/
That's not the full program, idiot. Vivaldi is a closed sourced program with open source extensions

But hey at least they aren't SJWs like Firefox amirite my fellow channer?

power user can't stick with one browser
it's week, it's foolish

>he doesn't use a password manager

They couldn't even remove all of the Chromium botnet.

I've switched browsers probably 3 times this year alone. Just can't get 100% satisfied.

The browser that people who matter use. Enjoy being nigger cattle.

For me it is Ungoogled Chromium

I use it on my phone too, mostly because the icon is so kawaii.

surf

TARD

where's it say that

Depends on your browsing philosophy. Some people are going to prefer chromium because they just want to browse and don't really need more than ad blockers, script blockers, and greasemonkey. Others prefer firefox because they want to tweak everything, and even the dumpster fire that is webextensions-firefox gives developers more power on day 1 than chrome ever will.
Vivaldi is first a love letter to Opera 12 and second and second a one size fits all browser "for power users". Once you run up against that contradiction, you're left with the chromium extensions API. It will never gain significant market share because it's not customizable enough for the users it claims to be for, and too bloated for chromium users.

>mfw autism is the evolutionary mechanism to making things better for everyone else, and without it we'd all just be hedonistic and not care what everyone else is doing, similar to what is seen in modern africa

curl

Also acceptable.

Off yourself smooth brain

Don't you just use a normal adblocker like everyone else?

What?
Are you using windows update gpu drivers?

Hang thyself by thy neck until dead, white negro.

What have you been doing with your life wasting away on Sup Forums over these past 6 years?

>white negro
gb2/voat

The UI is horrible.
The options in it are great indeed, and it's customizable, looks great... but it isn't native.

It just gets too slow after opening many tabs, while Chrome remains swift and responsible in the UI department even if I have 600 tabs open.
Like in Vivaldi if I press CTRL+N after having like 10 tabs open, I have to wait 3-5 seconds.

I know Chrome spoiled me, because if I go back to Firefox, my CPU will turbo boost into 9999ghz just to fucking render a page, because FF sucks so hard.

.... There is also Sync. Firefox / Mozilla Sync should be migrated and used.

Does anyone use nightly?

I use snapshot. Is this the same thing?

"Snapshots (M builds) are builds done roughly once a month that has had some testing to make sure things are mostly working and released to the public. These are the first builds that allow official bug reports on the project manager site, System Dashboard - CyanogenMod JIRA.

Nightlies are automated builds that are built, well, every night. There is no human interaction with these and they are largely there just to see if the code added throughout the day will compile. As far as the devs are concerned, there are no bad builds with the nightlies, because if it doesn't build, that is news to let them know that something is screwed up in the code. They don't accept any bug reports on these builds."

Give or take about the same

I've started to use it as a replacement for Opera 12, but it's still far from good.
The interface is horribly horribly slow, and I have doubts that it will ever get better.
It's still far away from the customization of opera 12 (user interface, right-click menus, etc) and I'm personally really missing the built-in mail client.

>The interface is horribly horribly slow
Sadly it's written in JS, so I highly doubt that.

vivaldi phones home to google. i always mention this in every vivaldi thread and no one ever cares god knows why. might as well use chrome

Does it? News to me; what sources have thee?

they might have google analytics so keep track of installations, so what? And of course it has Google search engine built in.