Is there a Technocratic Party?

I'm surprised I've never heard of one in the US.

No. That died in the 40s.

Why so? It seems like the interest would be particularly high in a time where tech is "in"

Technocracy is a system of governance where decision-makers are selected on the basis of technological knowledge. Scientists, engineers, technologists, or experts in any field, would compose the governing body, instead of elected representatives.

>technology
Idiot

No because technocrats don't have the slightest fucking clue about how to run a society, government, legislative or judicial system.
It sounds good on paper because "Oh, the doctors should be the ones who make the decisions about health laws! They know the most about health!"
But doctors also have no fucking concept of civil liberty or rights or what works for some people here and there but not there or there.

It would be incompatible with democracy so no.

I was going to say China appears to operate on a technocratic blend but then I remembered how China is.

You don't know what technocracy means do you

>Another blend of authoritarian bureaucracy but this time we allow autofellating cunts with technical degrees and god complexes dictating the rest of us how to live our lives.

Sounds to smart.

Apparently not.

>Allowing people without technical degrees but still with god complexes to do it currently.

>STEMlords
>in government

Not even once.

Is there a term for a society governed by AI?

What was Skynet's government called?

t. vargtardler who eats, breathes, and shits conspiracies and red herrings
Germany is as healthy as ever

Federal Reserve

Their birthrate is lower than Japan's. They are only prospering economically because they own the rest of Europe thanks to the EU.

Japan's birth rate isn't much of an issue with increases in automization

>selected
actually no, try looking at a method of selection, you find nothing

is just another dictatorship

I've only known one guy IRL who was an advocate of that, and it's the same dude who tried to convince me that mass sterilization of genetically deficient people would be okay if a computer somehow directed it.

It's a huge issue in Germany with increases of foreigners.

Sounds like problem with their current political system and not technology itself.

good goy take more rapists in

ITT: conservatards asshurt because they know deep down any actual technocrat would completely shit on every single one of their retarded policies because none of them are based on facts

Nah most technocrats (Hillary, Macron, Merkel, etc.) are capitalists. They just like gays and trannies. Commies seem to have them the most.

A technocracy will never work because it also requires telling people that they're too ignorant to have an opinion or to make decisions. We all know how far that's going to go.

>Hillary, Macron, Merkel are technocrats
u wot

In the vernacular sense "technocrat" means "someone who believes that only the credentialed and well educated should be in charge of government." Neoliberals like Hillary and Marcon are all about that shit.

>society, government, legislative or judicial system
>civil liberty or rights or what works for some people here and there but not there or there
All of this shit is a meme. 20% flat tax on everyone and re-invest 100% of the money into research. End of story. People might suffer a bit for a decade or four but they'll be thankful in the end when the technocrats release the cure for aging, general purpose AI, free energy and low-cost lab-grown hyper-nutritional meat.

One day you will learn some history, but right now if I say you sound like a Bolshevik in the 20s you will not understand.

I don't really see how it relates to communism at all, it's larger than that. There's no need for a workers' party if humanity solves machine vision and is then able to automate most labor overnight. Which unlike any time in history before, people could just about feasibly do if humanity really focused and pooled their resources. It's on the cusp. All social issues combined kind of pale in comparison to automating all work.