How long until free and open source hardware?

How long until free and open source hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=open source laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not happening.

right around the year of the loonax desktop my dude (never)

I refuse to live in a world with such injusticeseses

lmgtfy.com/?q=open source laptop

In the current state of society money drives everything. Unless there exists a demand for something it won't ever be mass produced

>laptop

What about demands of privacy and individual security

then kys

You first asshole

If everyone suddenly had a mass awakening of giving a shit about that issue. But that's unlikely.

The relatively few individuals that care about this are far outweighed by the many corporations that do not care about this.

It is a matter of warranty and great contracting that sells hardware to the big players.

If a company were to form which offered non profit hardware that could compete with Dell for example, a company might choose the cheaper option. In that case it is doubtful the non profit could ever provide support for the hardware post sale. It is even more doubtful that enough free hardware vendors would pop up to support the demand for customized workstations while also providing a better price than the currently established hardware companies do via deals (such as between Dell and Intel)

Now. Arduino is one example.

Not before I kill all infidels to the free software and hardware movement.
I'll kill you.

Open source Hardware as existed since they made hardware.

You're just going to have to be way more fucking specific with your choice of X Hardware.

those demands are worth nothing

they are irrelevant to profits and are not even really understood by most people

Well, find a way to finance it and there's literally no problem.

Oh, it has to perform like proprietary hardware, and has to do so right now, and not in like 15 years like GNU/Linux needed to.

>money drives everything

You mean economic transactions based on resource scarcity. Not money.

Sun open sourced one of the SPARC revisions.

Last I checked Oracle's pulled the source from their site though.

>based Sun, fucking Oracle

When nanofacturing becomes a reality and you can 100% control the process instead of trusting a multi-billion dollar corporation with deep ties to state governments and financial interests of their own to stick to a specification in a way that you don't have the tools or know-how to verify and hold them accountable to in the first place.

>open source
>lmgtfy
Reee.

Even most ancoms don't blame currency itself. When people say "money talks" they mean "the simple law of supply and demand rules our society".

Not as long as the chinks are building microprocessors and microcontrollers for the jews. So, there will always be a proprietary element involved in hardware. You'll have to build it yourself my man.