What's the point of the unlimited scroll feature on mice? What am I going to use this for?

What's the point of the unlimited scroll feature on mice? What am I going to use this for?

Other urls found in this thread:

the100meterscroll.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

for scrolling with no limit

in which scenario would that be applicable?

zooming in and out in 3d applications
scrolling through long pages

To quickly scroll through tons of lines of code for example.

the100meterscroll.com/

>click-scrolling is not a thing
your website is a shit

long ass excel and long large codes in ide

Free scrolling in any applications that uses up-down to scroll through images
>browsers
>image viewers
>file managers
>command line
>torrent browser
>anything you can think of

>click scrolling
sounds like something peasants without unlimited scroll wheel do.

Also, the difference between a discrete fast scroll on any application and a Logitech hyperscroll is the smoothness. The fast scroll on any application, say a pdf viewer, is a sudden abrupt jump which causes you to lose sight of where you started, and re-orienting to the correct position takes 1-3 seconds. Hyperscroll escroll from a logitech mouse is a smooth one since it's doing multiple small scrolls, so your eyes can chase the progress as it scrolls and you don't have to re-orient your position when you stop scrolling.

I'm obviously a big fan of Logitech hyperscroll and will never take any mice seriously that doesn't come with it.

what the fuck is unlimited scroll?

Ever since I had a mouse without click scrolling, I've grown it seriously dislike the wheel clicks. Logitech's hyperscroll is god tier in my book. On some of my older mice, I've even gone in and removed the detent that causes the wheel to click.

This

I use it all the time when I'm too lazy to press Home, for example.

I submitted a 100MB garbage string as my name for the ranking and your stupid website froze up.

tryhard faggot

>the100meterscroll.com/

if you go faster than 3.5 meters a second you start going backwards

>scroll wheel down
*click*click*click*...
>scroll wheel up
CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK...

tek-9 rapidfire

Sup Forums catalog

Well, how would a limited scroll feature be any different? It seems strangely arbitrary to limit it.

Ive been on the freespin wheel for about 10 years now. I simply cant go back at this point.
Its amazing for long screens, sorting though files, video forward/reverse in mpv, dealing with slidebars that go from 0 to over 20,000 in shit like gimp, dealing with folders that contain thousands of files, skimming 5chain threads, and tons of other things I cant even think of.

My mouse has two modes, free spin and clicky. The button right behind it switches modes, I dont even think about it anymore and automatically switch to whatever mode works best. It gets a little weird when I put it in clicky mode, go do something else and without realizing it, switch to free scroll and then go back to watching a video and if I move the chair the video skips and Im like "what the fuck, I put this thing in click mode" and sure enough its back in free spin.

wtf I never noticed that happened
Explain this magic!

Don't you fap on plebbit with res ?

Pour mens midget spanner

I use it to scroll to the bottom of threads without moving my hand from the mouse.

Just a flick of the wheel and I reach the bottom in no time.

Didn't experience that myself.

never ending reddit

>logitech scroll wheel
>Page back/forward on left/right click
>frictionless scroll
>F5 on top button behind scrollwheel

Its the best browsing experience you will have.

I use it all the time to scroll up and down long pages, zoom all the way out in games or other software. sometimes you just dont wanna slap the bitch 16 times to get where you need to be.

>tfw MX Master with automatically engaging freespin wheel

Feels great.

>unlimited scroll feature
>frictionless scroll
>freespin wheel
Wut? it's a 5 minute mod on any mouse. Bend the clicky metal part and there you go.

You do more down scrolling than up scrolling, so the mechanism is probably more worn in that direction. You just never noticed because the wear is gradual.

For documents/text that don't have an embedded go to top and go to bottom button.

this, i really want to know

>he doesn't have unlimited scrolling
>laughinggirls.png

Pay-as-you-scroll users, plz go.

gotta read the fine print.
unlimited RPM for the first 1000 revolutions. after that, it will drop to 5rpm