Is GNOME is the easiest desktop environment to customize towards a windows 7 lookalike?

Is GNOME is the easiest desktop environment to customize towards a windows 7 lookalike?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bill-mavromatis/gnome-layout-manager
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sure, but KDE is a close second.

Cinnamon

>GNOME

Sniff in hell, footfag

I think KDE is.

>can't index files out of /home for searching

KDE is what a perfect windows 10 would be like.

But gnome is pretty good even when it's not pretending to be windows 7

why did gnome disable screensavers?

KDE literally comes with a windows look out of the box
Change that for the classic menu, you degenerate

You can get a minimal start menu there (chooe applications menu)

Meh, still uses over 1 GB memory with those mediocre looks/effects.

On the other thing KDE looks beautiful, is snappy but fuck me I'll figure out why its network managers won't accept my VPN config files... Running openvpn via terminal sucks ass

are you retarded? no. GNOME is fucking garbage. it's just an aborted tablet UI full of hamburger menus. it looks nothing like Windows (or macOS for that matter).

just use Cinnamon. it's the only sane DE in Linux land. it has all the comfy things and just werks. it's about the only DE that properly animates and blends transitions of wallpaper animations.

I struggle with this because I really like all 3 of KDE's default application launchers.

Just use MATE desktop and wait until GNOME/KDE make a decision whether they will make a Tablet or Desktop Environment

You're not wront

gnome is the best de linux has to offer.

kde is buggy garbage.

xfce is deprecated.

mate is basically gnome for nerds afraid of progress.

unity is kill.

cinnamon is okay but is just as heavy as gnome and lacks a lot of the features.

>Jumping through hoops just to enable desktop icons

How the fuck did GNOME become the standard linux desktop with this bullshit?

Stop the modern UI meme of hiding everything behind menus, workspaces, and extra clicks. And while we're at it, let's do away with fucking huge fisher price buttons on the docks.

I just want to fit as much information on the screen at the same time as possible, and everything I open even remotely often should be one click away.

(((Red Hat)))'s influence over the Linux community.

More like KDE is buggy gold. Sure it's still got a few wierd but not so serious bugs here and there but if you do mess around with the default desktop configuration too much, you'll find that KDE is without a doubt the most sleekest and most advanced Linux DE. I say this as someone who installed KDE and uninstalled it in a the course of a day several times over the past 9 years. KDE has got it's shit together.

For Windows lookalikes:
KDE = new Windows
XFCE = old Windows (there's a theme which makes it look identical to Windows 95)
Cinnamon = XP-ish

Also Zorin is an abomination.

>le "kde is buggy" meme

GNOME 2 you mean

You're a faggot. GNOME is freaking great now, especially with the right extensions.
github.com/bill-mavromatis/gnome-layout-manager

>customize towards a windows 7 lookalike
Why on earth would you do that?

you still have those stupid hamburger menus to deal with.

In programs you don't need to use, sure. It doesn't have anything to do with the GNOME DE, just the applications that the gnome devs like to package with it since they develop them.

I look things as a whole. If I have to replace fucking retarded application that GNOME ships, there's no fucking point in using that mess in the first place.

GNOME a shit.

>kde
>deadfish
>vlc
Really makes you think

patrician choice

gnome is bloated has fuck, eats a fuck ton of resources

>mp4
WHAT?!?

>screensavers

Because they're depreciated now that monitors get automatically turned off.

Why the hassle? Zorin looks like Win 7 OOTB,
user.

I don't feel comfortable using something named gnome

no, Xfce is

>HUGE FUCKING CLOCK

SHIT I CAN'T SEE WHAT TIME IT IS

if you enable the date display as well it gets less annoyingly huge

The only thing I hate about KDE is Discover. God that is a shitty buggy mess of a program. Luckily you can just use apt and not have to go into that much but everytime I use it it crashes.