What's a good phone for medical use ?

Alright, so we're looking for a phone that would be used in hospitals with our special amazing app running on it. We first tried to go with a rugged phone (a CAT one), but in the end that was unfructuous. Indeed, the buttons on the right (volume one, say) have a built in delay of like 3 seconds, which is bad for us since they would be safety related. So now we need to find another one.

Would anyone have any options I could orient towards? here are a few of our requirements: -programmable side buttons (volume ones + 1 would be perfect) -android (if possible >=5) -WiFi -cool battery -cool features like fast charging (or even wireless charging) -maybe rugged. I mean in the end we'd like not to change it every 2 days. but we can also build a case around it (which I like way more than my boss does)

just get a thinkpad for everyone

Smartphones don't have a place in hospitals

you could try a moto g play with those moto mod batteries (no programmable button thought)
or get a bunch of S5 s with extended batteries and linage for an even faster system (still no prog button)
or maybe suck AT&T's dick and get one of those active phones from samsung. either the S6 active or S7 active

Moto mods only support Moto Z

whoops I meant moto z play anyway

Moto Z play also has flagship price but low end SoC

>low end soc
its not low end its basically the best soc for what OP asking right now
the 625 is as good 808 in terms of performance and is super efficient. There are reports of it all over the place of people saying they get 12-13 hours of screen on time with the battery mod which is well enough for 2-3 says moderate usage

i can't imagine what smartphones would be used for in hospitals
like really, talk to your management, you have a serious problem with funding unnecessary shit

>Programmable side buttons
>Android
>WiFi
>"Cool" battery
>"Cool" features
>Maybe (???) rugged

What the fuck do you need all this shit for in a hospital? Just get a dumbphone and a pager system, at the very most just get iPads with LifeProof cases or some shit. Everything you just listed is useless in a medical situation (absolutely mission critical 24/7)

also sage

>unfructuous
Be careful when slinging those big words around. Make sure you know what they mean or you'll sound like that one Orc in Oblivion.

Tell us more op, curiosity triggered.
What are you using them for.
Tell us about the app.

install gentoo

808 is overheating trash, same as 625.
625 is around the level of the 800 in real usage

This is actually an interesting thread.
How about the Moto g5 plus? It's got 3 buttons (two volume and a power) and a fingerprint scanner, although I'm not sure how useful that last part will be.
The battery life is one of the best among smartphones, and it's a relatively cheap phone as well (around $240).

iPhone, since medicians make good cash, they can afford the best phone on the market, unlike Sup Forums poorfag NEETs.

Nokia 6 might be worth looking into when it releases in the west. It's suppossed to be a pretty sturdy phone, stock Android, no bullshit.

>unfructuous
stop writing like a fag

Don't the chinks make some kind of button that plugs into the headphone jack that you can program?

These
Didn't blackberry have some sort of hospital advertising campaign about their services and security or something maybe worth looking into ?

Also I'd say go for blackberry due to their kind of professional nature rather than just being neckbeard toys with 'muh (x)GB of ram' and such

why the fuck should we do your god damn job for you faggot??

>all these idiots posting consumer cell phones

Enterprise hand held computers exist you know.

We still use these in hospitals, they lost months on a single battery and have a solid signal where smartphones will flake out

Why the fuck would we use iPhones or some shit over something that's tried and true?

I read bad things about the Sx active :( like them being more fragile than regular Sx and not so well made...

Thank you for being useful, faggots.

It's a French word, I had to leave and did not have time to think for an alternative.

It will be used to control a robot acting on patients (not a surgical one).

I'll look into it, thanks!

I think it would be the best but we have an Android app now :(

Yeah but we really don't want that :D

Because I'm paying the child support, asshole.

You're looking for a solution for a problem that doesn't exist

Do you care to elaborate ?

MDfag here. 90% of doctors use iphone.
All good medical apps are there and there's no lag. Normies love it, specially females, specially the 6 Plus and 7 Plus.
What is this robot of yours gonna do??

I know I love them too :(
And sorry but I'd rather not answer that here. I'm only an intern afterall ^^

What do you hope to solve with these special phones in hospitals?
We already use pagers that work great. With smartphones we'd just waste time standing around typing shit on a tiny screen and charging them every day