Does this look like the face of mercy?

Does this look like the face of mercy?

If I pull off that lid, will you die?

Can't say I see the resemblance

That's a big chip

T H I C C

4U

I hope AMD goes for the throat on 7nm and each die is 400mm^2 or higher.

The chip would be hueg, but wouldn't that be fucking awesome?
Ultimately, going full retard with 4x 600mm^2 chips just for fun if they ever get enough money to swim in it.
There is no way anyone would be able to remotely compete with the 1600mm^2 of x86 sillicon, much less 2400mm^2

>CPU bigger than graphics card
>12000 pins

You think I wouldn't buy this?

Why aren't these attached? C2Q was basically 2 C2Ds glued together.

Because they're glued with a fabric that can handle NUMA like a champ, not a dumb metal layer

But won't gluing them together + the infinity fabric give even better latency than the infinity fabric alone?

Apparently not, at least not on a upper layer interposer you're imagining.
They could very well be connected through some one of the other PCB layers lowers, but that would require some dissection.

ebyc tm

Now imagine what Navi will be like.

The gains from the slightly smaller distance would be nonexistent and it would actually be contra-productive since you'd get higher heat concentration in the middle.

>C2Q

Won't you get a thinner layer of solder with one big die? It should spread out more evenly and reduce the height between IHS/die?

48C*4?

Second, third, fourth and every successive real or imaginary Shoah isn't enough to describe that kind of brutality.

It looks like another shoah.

Too bad that was an abortion since Intel is afraid of NUMA, and that's one good reason why we won't be seeing anything similar from Intel for a very long time.

>Look at that subtle off-blue colloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It's even delided.

Damn, this looks neat.

At work, our virtualization workload runs on 3 Dell PowerEdge 2S systems (2x E5-2620).
When warranty expires (~2019ish), i'm going full EPYC, probably on 1S systems.

This looks like a "pls invest in stocks guise" type thread. Good post will waitâ„¢ for release... will not pre-order next time around.

By 2019 the 7nm chips will be out and Epyc will look like a joke.

God, imagine if AMD pulls a SMT4 and 48 cores from its ass for 7nm.

Cringe bread AMD edition.

"We heard you like memory, and I/O, and cores"

Introducing AMD "WHOA SHIT NIGGA RETURN OF THE EPYC BOOGALOO EDITION"

64 cores.
192 lanes
14 memory channels!

$30000

Board makers would commit suicide tho.

>makemorecores.jpg

It's a server chip so that's the whole point.

A small price to pay for 3.5TB per socket

a man can dream

This kinda puts into perspective how crazy MCM allow them to go.
To get this all that AMD would need is a 16 core die with 4 channel memory.

Which is hardly something impossible to do, especially on 7nm.
There wouldn't be anything left of Intel in the server market, their top end 40+ core Ice/cannonalke would be competing with midrange AMD server chips.

And more memory, more I/O, lower TCO and other neat things datacenters fucking LOVE.

More cores is a good thing dipshit

Clearly multi-chip solutions are far, far more scalable than monolithic dies, Intel needs something similar and quick.

Do they have anything like IF? No? They are fucked.

Not that I know of, omnipath is their most recent scalable network solution, but that's not for this scenario at all.

So they are fucked. They are not even offering Platinum Xeons for 2S systems, thus conceding 1S/2S to AMD. FUCKING WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT BRIAN YOU GIGAKEK?

What are the chances of IF being used on a GPU? Could it work? And if it did would it be a breakthrough?
IF seems to be AMD's secret sauce

Navi is supposedly about MCMing GPUs. Yes, it's as crazy as it sounds.

16 memory channels is fucking pushing it, it looks nice on paper but you'd literally need custom motherboards for those 64 DIMMs, which isn't gonna happen unless its 1DPC
12 channels sounds possible, there's kinda room still on EATX to squeeze in 48 DIMMs, but barely.

>not using SO-DIMMs so you can fit in everything

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

t. AMD

So little imaginations? DIMMs? Cannot fit?
You have the entire UNDERSIDE of the motherboard to fit as much as you want, it's all a matter of guts and whiskey and tears

>SO-RDIMMS to fit 64 memory slots per board
Mother of God the future is bright I gotta wear shades.

a 16 core with 4 channel memory die would be slightly bigger than the current 8 core die, this is not only possible, but something I'd expect in late 2019.

Problem is, the market won't know what to do with such a thing, custom motherboard are a must, and imagine if AMD suddenly feels like having 4S/8S options?

You'd have motherboards looking like some abstract piece of art with all the crazy needed to fit in the DIMMs

Also I agree with the other guy, 12 channels sounds more sane.

Server hardware is already art I can fap to, why don't they make it better?

Unfortunately server hardware isn't a one man game, there's significant time and cost going to the mobo makers as well.

And if AMD goes crazy with such a chip, it's hard to expect others to follow.

Thread too obvious? Did the regurgitated talking points give it away?