Mandarin has 4 times the number of native speakers as English

>Mandarin has 4 times the number of native speakers as English
>Chinese media is becoming increasingly sophisticated as a result of Xi Jinping's "soft power" strategy
>seeing more and more whitu piggus speaking chinktongue in the financial sphere
how much longer will English retain its position as lingua franca?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_power
youtube.com/watch?v=sFKYKvbEHBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forever. More Chinese people are learning English than non-Chinese people are learning Mandarin, by at least one order of magnitude.

The fact that Mandarin is a tonal language with an absolutely retarded script is enough to prevent it from becoming a lingua franca.

Also, China is literally a meme like India. If they attain superpower status, it'll be after our lifetimes.

it's all local to east asia, still need english for the rest of the world

As long as New York and London remain the global capitals of international finance.

Also, Nigeria is the unofficial continental power of Africa and they speak English.

Actually this is a pretty tricky thing because forever is a long time

Wordless thoughts will be the communication of the future

That is if we don't destroy the world first

A lot of the regional powers in the world either have English as an official language (USA, UK, Australia, Canada, India, Nigeria, South Africa). Only China speaks Chinese.

>Forever.

Unlikely forever.

>More Chinese people are learning English than non-Chinese people are learning Mandarin, by at least one order of magnitude.

That's incorrect.

>The fact that Mandarin is a tonal language with an absolutely retarded script is enough to prevent it from becoming a lingua franca.

It's rather simple to learn to speak Mandarin. They'll likely create a simplified written script in the future.

>Also, China is literally a meme like India. If they attain superpower status, it'll be after our lifetimes.

Pic related is a meme?

I'll never speak chinese, sounds worse than dutch.
wuu shii bing bao kung pao chikkiiin?

>Canada
>India
>regional powers
and
>Indian """"""""English""""""""

>Only China speaks Chinese.

Nope.

You mean, only Chinese speak Chinese.

you're posting from America and not china. in English. case closed

I think Canada is a fucking joke too, but according to Wikipedia you're a major regional power.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_power

And, memes aside, India has a fair bit of influence over its region, seeing as it has such a large economy (due to its large population).

>Unlikely forever
Ah, so you're that type of autist? Absolutely embarrassing.
>That's incorrect.
Post proof that it's incorrect. More Chinese people are learning English than non-Chinese people are learning Mandarin, common logic dictates that and if you refute that you'll have to come with some statistics.
>It's rather simple to learn to speak Mandarin
It's not. Your opinion means jack squat. Pic related, actual research that was done by a US government institute.
>Pic related is a meme
Yes. China's GDP per capita is 7,990. Less than fucking Brazil. Their economy is a bubble waiting to burst. China's growth is slowing down steadily and they're still not even close to the US or the EU as an economic power.

China is a meme.

I meant that China is the only regional power that speaks Chinese. I'm getting tired so I'm pretty poor at articulating myself right now.

>checked hardest languages to learn
>finnish not even on the list

>this shitty grammar

Forever is a long time faggot.

No. You post your stats first for your initial claim.

That is for fluency. Writing + oral.

>per capita

Are you fucking retarded?

>slowing down
Okay? It has been growing 6-7% since 2012. It's literally a meme that they are slowing down any quicker than was expected.
Economies don't grow 10% forever.

>not even close to the EU
They are neck and neck and China is growing far quicker.

>bubble
Nice meme

>Chinese media is becoming increasingly sophisticated as a result of Xi Jinping's "soft power" strategy

did you just make that up? chinese media has never been relevant, even tiny island of taiwan produces better media than the 1.5 billion chinese

>how much longer will English retain its position as lingua franca?
I'd say for at the very least our lifetimes.

>Forever.
Bruh, I can say with 100% certainity that English in its current form will not even exist forever, let alone as the lingua franca.

>no statistics
post trashed
Finnish is in Category IV, which means it's pretty damn hard (those languages in that pic were Category V, by far the hardest). Another one of those massive autists that takes "forever" seriously.

>Hurr durr I say something but I don't mean what I say, especially when giving a temporal answer to a specifically temporal question
Just like how I'm not serious when I say you're retarded. That's an insult to retards.

lel our newspapers are already taking money from the Chinese government to print their propaganda
youtube.com/watch?v=sFKYKvbEHBg

You took the word "forever" seriously, the value of your posts is 0 because to do that means you are a drooling mongoloid. You don't have to respond to my posts anymore, do yourself a favor, wipe the drool off your mouth and go to bed.

>I-I was only pretending to be retarded

Good for you, I was starting to get worried that one of my compatriots literally didn't have the ability to comprehend figures of speech.

>classic image.jpg

I don't know about Canada, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is embracing English, especially American Culture. We all live in Amerika, Amerika ist wundabar

Since when did gdp per capita determine a country's status as a superpower? China's GDP per capita is HIGHER than Brazil's in both nominal and PPP and you didn't realize that Brazil is literally 7 times smaller than China and their economy is contracting? Their growth is supposed to slow down and even at 6% growth that's twice as fast as the US and most Developed economies.

>but muh bubble theory

You and every other insecure American has been predicting China's downfall ever since Tiananmen. Well here we are.