Does linux respect your privacy?

does linux respect your privacy?

muh systemd

More than Windows does.

absolutely fucking not. also, inc richard fuckman

does it have internet connection?

It respects your privacy 100%. Why do you think all the pedos who get caught were using Windows?

Why do you even bother caring?
If the boogieman wanted to spy on you he's gonna do it no matter what OS you are using.

Yes

idk

This whiteboi have a point.

yes it respects my privacy

I would say yes. Linux Kernel comes with some proprietary binaries, wish means that not all of its code are open. But there is a version of this kernel without any of this proprietary parts, and its called Libre Linux Kernel. So if your question refer only to the Linux part (kernel), I would answerer yes. At least Libre Linux does, because you can actually look at its code anytime, so it doesn't have any boogie.

This answerer shows that you do not understand systemd. It is not a threat to privacy, although it is scary the proportions systemd is taking. I actually think that gnu/linux community is babysitting a snake that is going to come back to bite our asses.

>Why do you even bother caring?
Because it's a performance hog.

Because nobody uses Linux

What is wrong with systemD?

Most of them respect your privacy but lots don't effectively protect your privacy.

Red Hat

Yeh I guess in the world of 8 core/32gb ram some negligible thing you care about is a performance hog

My personal points about systemd is the worrible information support; meaning that symstemd does not provide intuitive error warnings.
And the rapid evolution. At first it was supposed to be a simple service manager, now Poettering talks about having it's own text editor.
So what would come next?
Nothing could come, but also a new whole system could come. Which have no need to, since gnu/linux is basically perfect.

spend one day on this board and you'll see a bunch of linux users, a bunch of whom are pedos

can i save that pingu

i will trade

ayyy

> gnu/linux is basically perfect.
what about ye olde glorious freeBSD?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Eveything around us is pretty much powered by Linux, so no.

Privacy is only possible with Free Software. Linux comes with non-free (binary only) blobs, which run with higher permissions than root itself. However, there is a fork of Linux called Linux-libre, which is free from these blobs and therefore will respect your freedoms, privacy and security.

its compatible with the nvidia driver?

Yes.

>now Poettering talks about having it's own text editor.
Sauce?

Depends... Linux itself has binary blobs you might need to use linux-libre which is a fork without them.
Also you need a librebooted mobo to disable intel ME/AMD PSP, and a modified hard drive without the "NSA chip".

HEY WTF I'M NOT A LINUX USER!