/pcbg/ - PC Building General: /

/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com/

THEN state the PURPOSE of your PC & BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify goal: lower price or improved specs?
ctrl+f to see if your question was answered already

>How to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

CPUs:
>G4560 - budget builds (R5 1500x - generally all you need for 60fps with power to spare. No i5
>R5 1600 - best value for higher fps gaming & mixed usage; 1600x if you don't want to OC
>i7-7700k - bad value but good; may have heat issues even at stock clocks
>R7/Xeon - compute/Multitask/mixed use

Graphics:
>G4560 iGPU is fine for LoL, dota2, rocket league, etc
>1050Ti at ~$105. Drop settings if not Freesync/Gsync on newer games; RX560 if discounted
>RX570 4GB - 1080p@60+hz, running most maxed; older games at 144+hz
>RX580 8GB - 1440p@60+hz, inject SMAA & drop settings for some games
>1060 - Generally outperformed by the RX 580 and GSync costs more; consider only if AMD is not an option (ie CUDA)
>1070 - 1080p@144hz/1440p@100+hz
>1080 - 1080p@90-144+hz maxed; 1440p at lower hz.
>1080Ti - 1440p@90-144+hz; 4k@60hz in SOME games, more at lower settings
>Freesync2 & Vega soon

General:
>READ PRODUCT REVIEWS to see if that cheap SSD/PSU or whatever is reliable
>Consider larger SSD-only for what you budget SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't for faster OS boot. They're primarily for productivity as a scratch disk
>Stop fucking confusing any M.2 drive with NVMe. M.2 is a form factor
>Go mATX form factor for cheaper board+case
>1 SR DIMM is slower than 2 DIMMs
>Computex in a few days, wait for it

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01IPVSGEC
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M
youtube.com/watch?v=mbK0n5FjvhI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7_1AQc6Xf8
youtube.com/watch?v=GnA8BuTC44U
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_pUECRmAo
pcpartpicker.com/user/ladposter/saved/d6KLkL
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157759&cm_re=ASRock_Fatal1ty_AB350_Gaming_K4-_-13-157-759-_-Product
youtube.com/watch?v=6uGsOvrplo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are there any worth file-storage hard drive around $50? I'd like to get some more storage but i don't really need the speed or a 7200rpm drive, just a lot of place and most importantly reliability.

WD blue with 1tb costs around 50$

I do have one already but was wondering if there wasn't any 2TB 5400RPM hard drive around the same price, even if 2.5"

sorry didnt read
>most importantly reliability
for 50$ you wont rly get that, buy a HGST or Toshiba

when will Intel compete?

Looking for a good 34" 1440p 21:9 curved monitor, max 17.5lbs without a stand, must support VESA mounting, minimal bleed, preferably >60Hz and under $1,000. What do you guys recommend?

Also, is this a good basic/mid-range modern graphics card that I could use for both a 34" monitor and a 24" monitor at the same time? amazon.com/dp/B01IPVSGEC

Hopefully they price their next 6 cores competitively instead of going retarded on the price.
But considering they have no new architecture until 2020 and the improvement they can do to refresh-lake are very minimals... we'll have to wait three years.

competition is good but why do I think this is just going to be refreshed trash with no real advantage?

When someone says:
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS PC I *BUILT*"
I give them the same look I would give them if they just got done shopping at pic related and said
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS DESK I *BUILT*"

Please, stop using the words "build" and "PC" in the same sentence. You just make yourself look really, really incompetent and sad.

Correct word: Assemble. As in:
>"I assembled this PC."
or
>"I assembled this Ikea furniture."

Also, there's no reason to be upset that I compared your favorite PC to Ikea. It's just a simple and obvious comparison, and one that's utterly apt and accurate. If this upsets you, please stop living in your own fantasy land where snapping in a couple of clips or screwing in few screws makes you a "builder". It doesn't. You're an "assembler", just like the college girl holding the black-and-white cartoon instructions and carefully tightening cam-locks in her dorm room. You're both "assembling".

Live in reality.

No idea, might have to do with the fact that the architecture is ten years old and has already been improved to the maximum it could be with nowhere else to go, but i'm not sure on this one

>Also, is this a good basic/mid-range modern graphics card that I could use for both a 34" monitor and a 24" monitor at the same time?
Size of monitor has little to do with this, it's resolution you should be looking at
Check the card specs and look out for "maximum resolution", it should be in there for any card.

That's like saying you can't say "I made a chicken sandwich" unless you personally grew and harvested the wheat for the bread, raised and butchered the chicken, etc.

I bought this PC should come by Friday for £2.25k. I mainly play games and run private servers. Did I make a good choice?

EVGA 750 GQ 750W ATX Modular Power Supply
Intel 7th Generation Core i7 (7700K) 4.2GHz Processor 8MB L3 Cache 8 GT/s DMI3 (Boxed)
Asus ROG GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB) Graphics Card PCI Express 3.0 DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI-D
Crucial MX300 (1050GB) 2.5 inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s (internal) with 9.5mm Adaptor
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid Tower Case - Black
Asus RoG Strix Z270E Intel LGA1151 Z270 Motherboard (ATX) RAID LAN (Intel HD Graphics)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz CL16 1.35v DDR4 Desktop Memory Kit
Samsung 960 EVO (500GB) V-NAND Solid State Drive NVMe M.2 (Internal)
Western Digital Black (6TB) 3.5 inch 7200RPM SATA III Hard Drive
NZXT Kraken X52 (240mm) AIO CPU Water Cooling Unit

Sounds like you got memed.

>not Ryzen
it's decent, but not the best for the money.
You got memed

ya got memed

Well, it will indeed do great, but i don't think you needed such an expensive build for those.
Regardless, if you're gonna run private servers as you do other things, you should get more RAM (unless the servers you host do not eat much)
The AIO in particular is quite expensive for only a very few degrees less than high end hair coolers or even other AIOs, and the GPU unless you have a 1440p or 144hz screen will be very, very overkill.
The NVMe might be overkill too, unless your servers need very low latency to access it's files.
Depending on how much CPU the servers you host eat (generally it's not much), a Ryzen 8 cores CPU might also have been a better idea, but i can't say for sure.

I did? Dam. Oh well.

Dam I got memed?

Ok seriously speaking what does Meme'd even mean. I dont want to be rude but can you guys give me a more intellectual answer?

Also I had money laying around so I dont mind. Plus I had bad experience with amd like bending the pins nd shit.

>I had money laying around
You mean like laying around in your room? On the floor? Why wasn't it invested or at least in a savings account?

Wow finally a great answer. 16gb should be find Im not running like a 100 man server. I have my own WoW vanilla private server where me and my mates play. DESU i only got the cooler because it looks cool.

You know better than me you know what I mean. I got tax return of £4k wanted a decent PC.

>I dont want to be rude but can you guys give me a more intellectual answer?
You chose based on an outdated recommendation and got an ok CPU but not the best performer for the price. Had you chosen based on your actual needs and not just who dominated the last 7 years, you'd have gotten an AMD Ryzen 7 1700, which has 8 cores.
More cores = more whores

>DESU i only got the cooler because it looks cool.
r u fukin kidding m8

more brass than sense

Isnt amd bad though? I heard so much shit on it. Like bad drivers nd shit.
Hey have you seen that infinite mirror led shit? It looks so fucking awesome.

You bought overpriced system with shit like 6tb hard drive, NVME SSD and water cooler when you are obviously not going to be able to utilize them in the first place since you are technological illiterate.

As much as the other OP is blatant shill that continues to peddle misinformation after being repeatedly proven wrong, it is against the rules to have duplicate threads so idk.

Just correct him and try to make the new one faster next time.

For $67 you could get the new Seagate Barracuda 2TB instead of paying ~$50 for 1TB. Apparently it's much better.

You could also wait until Black Friday for a decent 1TB like the MX300 or SU800 to likely drop to $200 like last year. SanDisk's 1TB SSD drops to $200 pretty regularly but it's not quite as good.

>Isnt amd bad though?
They weren't all that competitive. Then a few months ago, they released the Ryzen series, a result of 5 years of work.
Ryzen has been wiping the floor with Intel.

What cooler should I get with a 1600x?

And should I stick with 2666 memory? Don't understand how OC'ing works with ram/AM4 boards, is it automatic or something I have to tweak out somehow?

isnt the 7700k better than 1700x? I plan to overclock it to around 4.8.

I'd like to start ordering parts in the next couple days, is there any legitimate reason to wait on the rx 580 8gb market to stabilize to that I can get a good non reference model for less than $230? Or should I just get a good gtx 1060 6gb which are readily available at that price

My main concern with amd is the fucking pins. Why the fuck did they carry on with the stupid motherfucking pins. When it bends a fucking £400 cpu is rip.

>Isnt amd bad though? I heard so much shit on it. Like bad drivers nd shit.
That's old memes that do not apply anymore since a long long time.
And there is no such thing as bad CPU driver.

For the average gamer a 100% AMD build is currently what's being recommended (R5 1600 / RX 580) because it offers much better performance than competion (cpu-wise) and a slightly better offer GPU-wise (freesync & better in newer APIs). From all the people that built there both here and on other hardware forums, i havent seen anyone complain about it yet, and i do have a 100% AMD build myself so i'd know if it really was shit.

OC is never automatic regardless of brand, otherwise the mobo is very shit and should be avoided.
OC'ing works the same on Ryzen than it does on Intel, although Ryzen Master does allow you to tweak that in the OS directly and hit apply so that you don't need to go into the bios.
2666 memory is fine. Higher is only if you need high refresh rate or if you wanna get the most performance possible out of your CPU for longevity.

Gaming-wise, yes.
The 7700k heats a lot and it becomes increasingly worse as you overclock, so be very careful with that.

If you intend to get Freesync then wait but otherwise the GTX 1060 is not that much different on average.

examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M
youtube.com/watch?v=mbK0n5FjvhI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7_1AQc6Xf8

youtube.com/watch?v=GnA8BuTC44U
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_pUECRmAo

All hail Lady AMD.

Is Ryzen Master like MSI afterburner or such? I've used that before.

Any special considerations for OCing RAM? Just using case coolers, in which there is 7 I think in the case I have, 120mm.

Thanks for the advice, it clears things up.

>For $67 you could get the new Seagate Barracuda 2TB instead of paying ~$50 for 1TB. Apparently it's much better.
Oh yes, i do have one of those and also have a WD Caviar Blue and the 2TB is quite a lot better in reading & writing speed though it does vibrate slightly more.
Kinda annoyed there isn't a 2TB $50 hard drive or such though.

>Also, is this a good basic/mid-range modern graphics card that I could use for both a 34" monitor and a 24" monitor at the same time?
Er, for non-gaming? All you could need is an RX550 or GTX1030 with the appropriate outputs.
The RX550 supports 3 4K monitors, if I'm not mistaken, or 6 1080p, so it'll support 1440p ultrashort.

As for monitor, not sure.. I was actually looking for around the same requirements because my monitor arm is best in the 17lb range. I saw some LG ones, but then I realized it was an incredibly bad idea and that I should go with 4K for my main monitor.

You could make that for almost 1000 bong less.
And could have made a PC with 95% the same performance in all regards, or better, for about 1/3rd that price.

>private servers
like.. to yiff in?

>all those trash AIOS that are outperformed by air and probably 4x louder as well.

I question the validity of some of these, though.
The Dark Rock TF is outperforming the NH-D15 by a significant 2 degrees when most seem to put it like a degree or 2 warmer.
And the D-15 is hardly better than the D-14 there despite being very significantly larger and most putting a bigger gap.

Yeah, but I hear the new Barracuda is a lot quieter and such. It's been getting really good reviews. I forget the model number.
I normally wouldn't have recommended the older ones.

I don't really know much about freesync vs gsync. This pc is intended for 1080p gaming, what would be the approximate price difference between good entry-level freesync and gsync monitors?

What's wrong with the $57 Hitachi 2tb models?

It's a Windows 10 tool that allows you to overclock the CPU (frequency & voltage) live and allows you to overclock the RAM without having to go into the bios, but it will still need a reboot to apply the RAM OC.

>Any special considerations for OCing RAM?
If you intend to have it clocked like it is rated for (example: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz, GSkill Trident 3400MHz), then those settings are saved directly onto the RAM and you just need to apply the XMP/DOCP profile in the bios. Once applied it will change the frequency, latency timings & voltage of the RAM that the stick is rated for, meaning the stick is technically able to achieve this specific frequency with those timings at this voltage
If you wanna overclock beyond the profile it's entirely dependent on stick and you'll have to loosen the timings and increase the voltage & clock yourself.
Cooling is irrelevant for RAM OC, only RAM sticks and motherboard are relevant for it.
Low end motherboards will not reach as high frequencies as high end ones.
Also, getting high frequency on AM4 motherboards is difficult, though an update has been given to motherboard manufacturers a week ago and they are all currently working on bioses for it which should come pretty soon.

Freesync is a software solution so it doesn't require much work to add and is open source so free. G-Sync is a hardware solution so naturally the cost of the G-Sync module is added but also a big premium goes to Nvidia for it.
Freesync is very very cheap, G-Sync is very expensive.

Oh nothing probably. Hitachi are generally good.

I haven't looked at them much. If I did, I'd be looking at 2.5" ones. I don't like full size 5.75" or whatever drives anymore.
Heck, you take them apart and it's often small platters for 2.5" drives inside them anyway to share between laptops and such. Those laptop HDDs have gotten so good that there is usually no point in getting the big legacy ones.

idk but >60 definitely is.
I can see a huge difference between 60hz and 85 or 90. But going from 85 to 144 isn't that big of a deal in most games for me.

What would you upgrade on this build first?

RAM (another 2x4GB 3000mhz for roughly $70, resulting in 16GB)
SSD (preferably ~500GB)

pcpartpicker.com/user/ladposter/saved/d6KLkL

>And the D-15 is hardly better than the D-14 there despite being very significantly larger and most putting a bigger gap.
D-15 is an somewhat improved though larger version of the D-14, so they might be very similar in performance. The Dark Rock TF being so good is surprising to me, though. Really would like to see more about this, because usually it's the Dark Rock 3 PRO pitted against the Noctua D-15, with Noctua in the lead.

I'd say SSD, if you aren't feeling the need to upgrade now you're fine for the time being.
RAM upgrade isn't really that noticeable even with a beefy CPU that can handles a fuckton of programs at once.

>if you aren't feeling the need to upgrade now you're fine for the time being.
i meant that for RAM

Build:
construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

A correct word to use is BUILD. ASSEMBLE also work but I'm not autistic.

Now I'm actually considering spending $250 on a PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 8GB. I could get a 1060 6GB for about $20-25 cheaper, but if I ever decide to get a good monitor later, it seems like I'd be abe to save that much be being able to use freesync.

How long until RAM reaches equilibrium you think? Partly my problem is I'm afraid that the RAM is $72 today but might be basically $80 in a couple months.

Just a warning: for me freesync isn't any good. I have a freesync capable monitor but it's kinda buggy and causes flicker. It may have been fixed since then but I'm not sure.

Damn, I've been going back and forth for the past couple days on a 1060 vs 580. I know that I probably can't go wrong with either, but if I'm gonna spend $200+ on something I don't want to make a stupid mistake.
I'm just gonna find a good 1060 6gb for $230. It seems like the safer choice overall without any real drawbacks.

>without any real drawbacks
DX12 and Vulkan.
And forced incompatibility with those cheap 75hz freesync monitors.

You're not gonna do a stupid decision either way

So is i7 7700k bad? I mean why all the hate. Ryzen is good but I prefer intel because it's never let me down while and has in the past. I just bought a i7 7700k plus a 1080 GPU did I fuck up? Can I get a legit answer and not that autistic you got memed ones.

>1060 - Generally outperformed by the RX 580
what a load of bullshit

>So is i7 7700k bad?
No, but AMDrones don't want to accept the fact that it's better than anything AMD has to offer when it comes to gaming. They're so asshurt about it that they had to make their own thread because the other thread had more sensible recommendations and actual tips that weren't favorable to Ryzen.

Oh awesome, it is a program like afterburner.

Thank you for the heads up.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157759&cm_re=ASRock_Fatal1ty_AB350_Gaming_K4-_-13-157-759-_-Product

This is the motherboard I have, and it says 3200. With what you said, I'm confident with going with 3200 ram sticks next time I see them.

Thank you so much for the heads up again.

No, the other thread was straight up just bashing AMD and saying to not buy Ryzen at all.

Nah you did good. Ryzen 5 is great on a budget but the 7600k on sale is also better than most Ryzen 5 processors.

Ryzen is good but not so good that you should never buy Intel, though AMD shills will say otherwise and say all benchmarks that refute their point are biased.

I was saying don't buy Ryzen unless you can accept its many flaws and shortcomings. If you're a gamer who wants their computer to just work, Intel is currently the better option, that is simply undeniable. Ryzen and AM4 has not gotten to that point yet, which is why I can never recommend Ryzen to anyone but enthusiasts until AMD gets their shit together and fixes the many optimization issues that still remain.

Or until Ryzen+ comes out, which is what all of you AMDrones should agree upon. Ryzen without the teething issues and a much higher clock frequency.

From the thread:

> Buy Intel if you're primarily gaming and occasionally working
>buy Ryzen if you use obscure, uncommon apps that doesn't use CUDA acceleration for work and game occasionally

Thats basically saying don't buy Ryzen.

That CoD result is surprising to me.
I guess since it's a console port and optimized for GCN.
And the GoW 4 result on that site is very different from some others that had the RX580 95% the performance of the GTX 1070 at least in 1440p.

>FIRST TIME BUILDER HERE

It's not bad, just bad value.

The 1600 at 4GHz is almost twice as fast as a 7700k at 5GHz in productivity, and super close in gaming, often even better with the minimums.

And is it wrong? How many applications can actually take advantage of more than eight threads? How many of us use Linux on a daily basis and compile code in a field where seconds matter? Not many of you, and this is Sup Forums for crying out loud. And even then, you should be spending most of your money on hardware accelerators like Quadro cards. Ryzen is a neat experiment and a left-field choice, but it's not a mainstream choice just yet.

>And is it wrong?

Thanks for confirming that you are in fact, an intel shill and that nobody should waste their time arguing with you.

Your bias is clouding your judgement. You call me a shill, but you can't refute my claims that Ryzen isn't meant for the regular consumer in its current state.

Also, I just recommended a 1700X to someone in the real /pcbg/ thread because his use case actually warranted it, so suck a dick.

>And is it wrong?

Uh yes, saying not to buy Ryzen is wrong. Nobody ITT is outright saying to not buy Intel, just to not buy the i3 and i5 because they're a bad value and obsolete thanks to the pentium and ryzen 5.

I'm new to this shit, how can I tell if a build is going to bottleneck, just from looking at the parts?

I'm not saying everyone shouldn't buy Ryzen. I specifically said that gamers and regular users should avoid Ryzen because it doesn't offer them very much performance despite the supposed benefits of having more cores. I can only fully recommend Ryzen if your work demanded that you have more cores over everything else.

Funny how this split /pcbg/ problem only really became a problem when ryzen realesed.

Because AMDrones have been pushing the shill button too hard on their unfinished product. I'll wait until Ryzen+ before agreeing with any of you on Ryzen's worth. You are simply wrong on the value-to-performance claims that Ryzen supposedly has (it simply doesn't, especially not now).

>gamers and regular users should avoid Ryzen

And you know damn well that is 95% of the people that come here. In that thread you are recommending fucking i5s over Ryzen 5.

I'm not an expert, but I would check logicalincrements. If one of your parts is in a different tier than the rest, it might be the bottleneck.

And I'm 100% right to recommend a product that performs better at gaming than one that is similarly priced, but worse overall and offers less features.

>performs better

90%-100% cpu usage and microstuttering = performing better.

At last i truly see.

You're not looking at the overall FPS. Plus, I haven't seen a single older game that plays as well on Ryzen than it does on the Core i5.

looks like my build fits all in high-exceptional, neat.

(You)

Alright. Got a couple of questions. First:
>can I OC Ryzen 5 1600X or potentially 1700 to 3.9+ GHz without going too high on temps with the Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 4 cooler
>give me a yes or no and an estimate on temps if you can for each
And....
>does the Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING have dual bios?
>inb4 google, i did for both. For mobo question it said support for dual bios. Im guessing yes, but "support" makes me uncertain

>overall FPS
>Oh no, the i5 gets 500fps in csgo vs the 1600's measly 300. What ever will i do with just 300 frames on my 144hz monitor.

That's you. The i5 may get more frames, but it doesn't matter because both perform almost identically and you will always have more frames than you can deal with, assuming your graphics card isn't shit. Also assuming that you aren't gaming at 720p ultra low.

You know that the situation doesn't get any better for Ryzen if you up the resolution. An FX-9590 can get the same amount of frames as an i7-6900K at 4K with the right graphics card, because higher resolutions put a larger workload on the GPU. The reason why all of these tests are done at 1080p or smaller resolutions is because they're testing the CPU by limiting the impact that the GPU has in offloading work.

Plus, Ryzen and Nvidia cards have inconsistent performance with different APIs. Why would you argue that this shifts the in favor towards Ryzen's side if it can't even run steady with the most popular GPU manufacturer in the world?

It's not about a SINGLE application using 8 threads, though, even though many do and so do games.
You have multiple applications running on your PC that all use resources and get split among those threads.

What do you think happens when a game really uses at least 4 threads heavily, but you only have 4 threads, and some other application wants to use a thread? One of those 4 stalls and at least 1 of the other 3 threads are usually dependent on it finishing its work before they get more task. That's how you get stutter.
Even on GTA4, which hardly puts more work on 8 out of 16 threads, though it does use 8 threads pretty well, it's smoother on a 1800X than a 7700k.

>You know that the situation doesn't get any better for Ryzen if you up the resolution
Most reviewers show it getting better minimums on 1080p and even better averages at 4k thanks to that consistency in a GPU bottlenecked situation.

It's actually 400+ FPS in CSGO now at 4GHz. It was 350 day1 but it's improved with BIOS and other updates.
Whereas the 7700k gets about 450.

>What do you think happens when a game really uses at least 4 threads heavily, but you only have 4 threads, and some other application wants to use a thread
It executes the task anyway on any one of those threads, whose impact is ultimately minuscule to most gamers and even professional eSports players? Do you even know how many threads your OS has lined up at any given moment? Here's a hint, it's usually greater than the number of threads available on a flagship Xeon E7 quad-socket server. And yet we don't need more than two or four to execute them all. Your CPU can multitask in fractions of a second.
>even better averages at 4k thanks to that consistency in a GPU bottlenecked situation.
...Involving very high-end GPUs that are not in reach of most of the gaming consumers. How many Titan XPs have been sold so far?

So I'm watching this video comparing the i5-7500 against the r5 1600
youtube.com/watch?v=6uGsOvrplo0

I notice that the load % is lower on the 1600 cores than the i5 7500 despite the fact that fps are pretty much the same. How is this significant? I've heard people say that means the 1600 has more room for handling more load, but I don't know what that means. What's the point of having lower percentages if it doesn't mean you can get a higher fps?

>What's the point of having lower percentages if it doesn't mean you can get a higher fps?

So you can do other shit while you game, like stream, watch a video, shitpost on Sup Forums, listen to music.

Try that on i5 and its stutter heaven.

Some instructions are time/clock regulated chewing up CPU usage.
The 1600 having more cores and threads can't speed this up, but can handle more instructions throw at it.
Meaning in future should a game require more of those instruction the 1600 will handle it a lot better, but the i5 will tank.

>How is this significant?
For one, it shows that the Ryzen architecture is still not fully optimized, since it's not being used to its full potential even in a stressful game like GTA V. Two, it ultimately means little to the average consumer since they tend to run one or two programs in the background and never interact with them until they're done playing the game. Apart from a virus scan (which eats up a lot of CPU threads), this will have negligible impact on the game overall and only becomes a factor if you alt-tab constantly (which again most consumers don't do). Ryzen probably still can't take full advantage of all its threads yet because there seems to be a bug in all the Windows OS that limits Ryzen's per core usage by a certain amount. To my knowledge this bug has not been fully addressed.

So I've just finished upgrading my PC not too long ago, switched the gpu, cpu, motherboard, and ram. When I plug it in, the lights on the MB, and all the fans turn on, but the PC itself won't turn on. Have checked all the wires, 1 ram stick, plugged hdmi into MB, unplugged and held power button, none have worked. What should I try next?

If anyone experienced with the MSI Armor and ASUS ROG Strix lines can answer...
Which one is better when it comes to cooling and fan noise/coil whine? The RX 5XX models in particular. The GPU is the last component I'm selecting for my first build and the two 580s of both lines are only $10 apart.

Look at the OP image in the original /pcbg/ thread

>...Involving very high-end GPUs that are not in reach of most of the gaming consumers.
Thanks for arguing the point of why Ryzen is better unknowingly because you're blinded but your dumb shilliness.

Yes. Most people can't afford those expensive GPUs. They are GPU bottlenecked, where those higher minimums of Ryzen often shift it to having a better averages.
Test out the RX580 on a 1600X and 7700k at 1440p, and the 1600X often wins.

Right now i found an old HP Compaq 8200 that has an Intel i5 2500. I have a spare GTX 1050 ti that someone gave me and do you think itll be compatible? Also the motherboard is some old ass model that i dont know and the psu is at 240w. I would probably have to upgrade the power too right? Also, adding 8gb of ram should be enough right?

Clear CMOS. Have the PC unplugged, and press the power button before doing so.
>hdmi into mobo
You got AMD? Because there's no on board graphics.
Try a spare card if you have one. Also try several different RAM sticks.
Have you put the speaker on the motherboard? That should beep an error code.

You've made my point there. At higher resolutions, the GPUs take on most of the load and the CPU becomes much less of a factor, like I stated earlier. With ridiculously expensive graphics cards like the Titan XP, the difference between running it on the 1700X versus the 7700K is negligible and practically unnoticeable.
>They are GPU bottlenecked
And also CPU bottlenecked if they run an Nvidia card on a Ryzen CPU. They perform consistently poorly in DX12, whereas the Intel i7s produce higher numbers than it should, quite frankly.
>Test out the RX580 on a 1600X and 7700k at 1440p, and the 1600X often wins.
No it doesn't. In DX12, maybe for a handful of AAA games that takes advantage of more than four threads at a time. In DX11, you're wrong and a pile of shit.

>Background
Ill be using this PC for some light gaming (Dota, CS:GO, Fallout Series) and for 3D modeling software

Is the GTX 1070 worth the extra $100 from the RX 580?

>can I OC Ryzen 5 1600X or potentially 1700 to 3.9+ GHz without going too high on temps with the Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 4 cooler
Yes.