How do I convince someone to stop using Windows 7 and use Windows 10?

How do I convince someone to stop using Windows 7 and use Windows 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
xato.net/windows-spying-and-a-twitter-rant-19203babb2e7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You hang yourself

give them wannacry

You don't

Show them Cortana. It's so nice searching things with your voice.

Why? Windows 10 is garbage.

Keep shitting on the floor & tell them you'll stop after they upgrade to Windows 10. After they do that clean up with your hand & offer them some curry.

You somehow convince them that changing everything and spying on you is better

Kys, shill

Windows 10 is fine, stop being autistic

No it's trash. And 1703 build even broke GPEdit. Some policies do not apply anymore, even though it i dicates so.

Works for me

Show them the statistics on spyware 7 so they know only windows 10 respects their privacy

Tell them you'll kill their parents and then put their favorite pet in the microwave while masturbating.

It has nicer animations.

tell them that if they don't install windows 10, their mother will die in her sleep tonight

>lol so random xD
>>>/leddit/

It was actually just an extremely cancerous reference.
Or maybe an unhappy accident, not sure.

Show them Edge taking over pdfs and office files viewing.

Please don't. You're giving bad fucking advice to people and hurting them in the long run.

Get them to move away from Microshaft

>Leading people to the botnet
ok m8, you're a bad friend

You can't.

>anime
if you were my child, I'd take you out back and shoot you in the fucking head.

So if I'm building a pc, what os should I switch to? I know very little except windows 10 sucks and it invades the shit out of your privacy but not much else.

You realize that is an aliase to move two files from somewhere to the desktop that were originally png but renamed to .bin so that they could ``rename'' them to .png and voila

depends what you want to do with that PC.

Install wannacry.

You teach them that they should trust the state and the corporate no matter what, because simple examples of why that is a bad idea is totally not filmed gorillions of times by the movie industry.

Remind them it's the current year.

I looked that up on the jew tube to see if that was real. Holy fucking shit the pandering to the entry level market is disgusting. The related videos are even more disturbing, who in the entry level market are they attempting to appeal to?

Soil yourself everytime they talk about windows 7. The association will finally drive them away from it. They will thank you later.

This

Quick tip, don't only learn things from Sup Forums. Google some shiz and come to your own decision.

>normie wants me to fix his computer
>it has windows 7
>the activation product key is expired
>he has to pay for a new activation product key if he wants to use windows 7 again

fuck anyone who says windows 7 is good. i am glad i use fedora os now

>buying winodws

General use and games I guess

You said it. Entry level.

>Mobile Suit Gundam SEED series
>$10,000,000
>$15,000,000
Jesus fucking christ

Leave'em alone, you cuck.

>Windows 10
>no excuses
>no exceptions
>no escape
>final solution
>final destination

This. Fuck off Pajeet, it's your job to figure out how to shill properly.

Now that the dust has settled, which is the best Windows distro?

Embed
you can pick and choose what to install

You don't. Ignore tech illiterates.

>Insider Preview

You certainly asked for it bro

Just install it when your friend isn't looking.
If he askes, just say something like: well, thanks steve ballmer

ITT: Checked Dropdowns/Listboxes need to go.

>They are ugly
>they are completely unergonomic
>Pretty much unusable with a large amount of Items

The most commonly known alternative is this other selection thing, where you have Items in list A and you move them to list B, but there needs to be a better solution, lets scramble through Ideas...

Just keep scrolling, I have autism and thus i'm unable to post outside a thread...

maybe you should channel your expertise to advise him to get someone who isnt a fucking retard to fix his computer

>I know very little except windows 10 sucks and it invades the shit out of your privacy
Then use Win10, user. If you don't have your own opinion at least bother to learn reasons behind that opinion.
Most of it is typical underage de/g/eneracy. There are valid reasons not to use Win10, but you won't find them on Sup Forums.

>There are valid reasons not to use Win10, but you won't find them on Sup Forums.

Is 's pic not valid reasons enough? If not, please enlighten us about the real secret reasons not to use Windows 10.

Updates.

Nearly all wannacry ransomware infections were on windows 7 systems.

That's because everyone is still using win7

durrrrrr

Because Windows 7 is the most used OS, obviusly those statistics will put it in the first place.

If you installed an OS on any of my computers without my knowledge or consent, I would beat you up and never talk to you again.

As people are already saying, it's become most targets were government agencies and hospitals who aren't stupid enough to use Win10 in the first place.

You can't punch someone in the face if they don't even exist.

Show them this picture. If they have masochistic tendencies, they'll love it.

if we went by simple market share numbers than the wannacry infections should have been ~50% win7 and 25% win10
but instead windows 7 was 98% of all infections

>it's become most targets were government agencies and hospitals who aren't stupid enough to use Win10 in the first place.
Yeah instead it is people who insist on using an OS that reached its EOL without any proper precautions.

Help them experience win10 first hand by randomly pressing restart button while they are doing something on their PC and filming them without their consent.

Initial wanacry failed to propagate through other OSes due to poor coding. It targeted Windows 7 only, even though the SMBv1 bug was present on all versions of Windows. It would not even try to propagate further if OS was not 7. This does not make the OS any less secure, if that's what you're implying.

>OS that reached its EOL
Stop spreading bullshit, Windows 7 is currently supported until October 2021

>Stop spreading bullshit, Windows 7 is currently supported until October 2021
Unless you/your business paid for extended support Windows 7's end of mainstream support was January 13, 2015

support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

>not valid reasons enough?
No, it's not. Disregarding the fact it doesn't affect end user at all, blindly trusting some random who supposedly ran a bunch of test on a VM is, at the very least, stupid.
He even might be 100% correct, but the complete ignorance of how the things work and what serves which purpose makes the whole thing largely irrelevant. The "Paint 3D reinstalled itself" part makes it look like a yet another bait a-la "you can't possibly turn off Windows Updates!"

>enlighten us about the real secret reasons
>secret
Being as autistic as you are would be such a reason.

Win10 while sports decent backward compatibility on a user level sometimes faces serious problems on dev or even (albeit rarely) superuser level. There's a bunch of stuff deprecated by Win10 that's still in use. And while it might be deprecated for a good reason, some people just need the thing to damn work without having to search for workarounds.
Examples of these would be the old Windows Help, p2p connections via Wi-Fi, some older hardware/device drivers.

Meanwhile, Sup Forums unironically believes Win10 takes photos of them masturbating to cartoons and sends everything directly to Bill Gates and FBI.

That doesn't make it EOL or change the fact that it still got at least four years of support.

>Disregarding the fact it doesn't affect end user at all,

Resource hog.

Makes usage the operating system by professional careers a question of violating confidentiality rules.

Exploitable for future security breaches, like more and more Microsoft "security" features these days.

>but the complete ignorance of how the things work and what serves which purpose makes the whole thing largely irrelevant.

Purpose is irrelevant.

If I want something turned of that means turn the fuck off.

"But it's useful information to..."

Fuck off you literal shill.

>Win10 while sports decent backward compatibility on a user level sometimes faces serious problems on dev or even (albeit rarely) superuser level. There's a bunch of stuff deprecated by Win10 that's still in use. And while it might be deprecated for a good reason, some people just need the thing to damn work without having to search for workarounds.
Examples of these would be the old Windows Help, p2p connections via Wi-Fi, some older hardware/device drivers.

What the actual fuck does anything that you just said have to do, at all, with a need for or even the slightest attenuated relevance to telemetry data collection?

this is blackbox + some other shit, right?

You dont have to, Microsoft is already working on it.

HEY YOU! YES YOU! MY DEAR FRIEND... DO YOU WANT YOUR PRIVACY TO BE NON EXISTENT? YES? WELL FUCK YOU!

>What the actual fuck does anything that you just said have to do, at all, with a need for or even the slightest attenuated relevance to telemetry data collection?
You are genuinely stupid, aren't you?

Are you a retard? First you have mainstream support, where an OS is provided security as well as functionality/stability/performance patches. After that it goes into extended support, where EVERYONE is provided security updates for that OS (MS chose to sneak in botnet/telemetry stuff also, go figure). Windows 7 is currently in extended support. After extended support expires the OS goes EOL (slated for Oct 2021 currently in the case of Windows 7) and only after that it goes into CUSTOM (not "extended", but fucking "custom") support which provides security patches to those who pay for the extended support (releasing Wannacry patches for EOL OSes to everyone was an exception to that rule).

>to those who pay for the extended support
*to those who pay for the CUSTOM support, obviously

xato.net/windows-spying-and-a-twitter-rant-19203babb2e7

Same dude.

Windows 10 is genuinely faster.

But you should still install Gentoo.

It really isn't

No, it's only a windows theme and a virtual desktop manager.

yup

>decrypts rsa just like that
sure, where did he get the key?

How do I get the shills off this board?

You know the EULA of the insider builds tell you they collect screenshots right?

>RTM
That's like, 3 builds ago, holy shit

The same place he get his super compression algorithm.

Things have only gotten worse since 10240. Also RTM is supported until 2025.

Why does Windows suck so bad at design? Even the logo is shit

The telemetry is the same even if msdna fags promised to decrease it before """stable""" release.

epic denial expected but got ad hominem crap. w10 and its shills should be nuked.

>go install linux on their computer
>sudo rm -rf *
>oops guess you gotta take it to bestbuy and have them install windows on it
>bestbuy will install windows 10

>buying windows 10
>let ALONE buying Windows 10 at best-fucking-buy