PC Speakers

Sup Forums, what's a good inexpensive speaker that I could put on my desk and hook up to my PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Polk-Audio-T15-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B002RJLHB8
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EZ9XKCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1495596992&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=computer speakers&dpPl=1&dpID=411AVZscfOL&ref=plSrch
amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y4S5KZE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
parts-express.com/tang-band-w3-1878-3-full-range-driver--264-902
parts-express.com/tang-band-w4-1879-4-full-range-driver--264-903
amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS22-LR-Designed-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers/dp/B01NCF6IFU/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495602465&sr=1-19&keywords=yamaha+speakers&th=1
amazon.com/dp/B00F1DEI8G/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3H9QKWG4PT0VU&colid=BCO71HQIAJ40
currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/pc-speakers/harman-kardon-soundsticks-iii-2-1-pc-speakers-clear-08843639-pdt.html
micka.de/en/
noaudiophile.com/M-Audio_AV32/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like maybe this?
amazon.com/Polk-Audio-T15-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B002RJLHB8

active or pasives?
if active Edifier R1280T
if pasive Fluance SX6

What's the difference?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EZ9XKCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1495596992&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=computer speakers&dpPl=1&dpID=411AVZscfOL&ref=plSrch

I've bought these for two different pcs and they've never let me down. Not a ton of bass or anything but they get loud. For the price you can't beat them

Passives require amp.

Passive require an amp, active have one built in.
I'd recommend Micca PB42x or MB42x.

i have these and really like them:
amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y4S5KZE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do some woodworking and thinking about making some speaker enclosures for my pc. Never done this before should I go with 3" driver or 4"? These are the ones im considering. Anything someone else would recommend? Would prefer at least decent bass.

Tang Band 3" Driver
parts-express.com/tang-band-w3-1878-3-full-range-driver--264-902

Tang Band 4" Driver
parts-express.com/tang-band-w4-1879-4-full-range-driver--264-903

this: amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS22-LR-Designed-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers/dp/B01NCF6IFU/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495602465&sr=1-19&keywords=yamaha+speakers&th=1

you can add a sub and surrounds too

amazon.com/dp/B00F1DEI8G/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3H9QKWG4PT0VU&colid=BCO71HQIAJ40

>Inexpensive
>Speakers
Choose one

What about Tascam VL-S3, those are like super cheap?

Are they any better than Creative T20?

Or should I just get Logitech z623?

Need help guys I want to buy marantz studio scope 4 but cant find any review on them. What do you thin are they any good

I always thought these were a meme but then I heard a set a friend had. They're fantastic quality, the bass response is adjustable and powerful. Can't recommend them enough, they go for around £100 here in UK.

Should probably include a name/link, here's some customer reviews, the version iii is the one I got.

currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/pc-speakers/harman-kardon-soundsticks-iii-2-1-pc-speakers-clear-08843639-pdt.html

they cover a good frequency range and suit for trap music but for rock they are a no go.

for jazz, rock, classic or piano you want woodenhousing speakers which also do mids

and in the end, they look like sex toys

those jbl slr305 ones if Ive written that correctly

I agree, it does look like I have two dildos on my desk at all times. And yeah good point, I listen to mostly drum and bass so these speakers will probably be alot more fitting that that style of music.

>Would prefer at least decent bass.
Don't go for fullrange drivers, then. Or at least use a separate woofer.

> Never done this before
>Anything someone else would recommend?
You know how to calculate the box size? There are online calculators. You know you still want some circuitry, even with a fullrange driver? That you don't want to use actual wood, because it warps and you want your cabinets to be closed - apart from a planned bass reflex port? That you don't want your cabinet to vibrate with the driver?

Looks like a copy of the m audio speakers, and those are pretty shit

Here is one that accounts for bass reflex ports, btw. micka.de/en/

Wait is m-audio that bad??

noaudiophile.com/M-Audio_AV32/

Tnx man you saved me from a mistake they are really trash

What is inexpensive for you? Max budget? The cheapest pair of truly good loudspeakers if you buy new are the LSR305s. Sort of unchallenged near their price range. Some passive monitors can be had for less but they won't have similar directivity characteristics or on axis response.

Just get a pair of JBL lsr305s senpai.

You mean powered vs non powered.
Powered does not mean that they are active.
Active speakers are active if they have an active cross-over, not because they have their own power source.

The Edifier R1280T are not proper active speakers since it's a pair with one powered active, and one passive.

I can get this amp (Yamaha R-S300) and these speakers (Eltax Monitor III) new for 300 eurodollars. Good deal or not?

bump

MB42x owner, can confirm they're comfy
The 3" ones user. No matter which ones you get you're going to need a subwoofer, so go with the option that gives you more freedom for enclosure building (Needs less internal volume) and gives more output per watt (sensitivity). Plus the 3"s are so much cheaper, you could buy the amp with the money you save alone or spend a little extra and have twin 3"s per side for little more than one 4" per side. Also Tang Bands look like pure sex.

Fuck you user. I had to visit PE to check your links and ended up buying a restocked Dayton Sub-1200. That site is like fucking cocaine to me.

also looking for speakers, is buying goodwill speakers and an amp a good deal? Anyone do this?

For the price, goodwill / yard sale speakers and amps can't be beat user. If you're just after a cheap starting sound systems this is probably the best and only way to do it right.

thanks man imma get on it then !

I use the sub-800 for my desktop system. How much did you get the 1200 for?

attaboy

$85 USD

You just found it for 85 dollars? it's 130 from what I can see.

Third for the Miccas, really enjoy my setup

Open box user. It was on their clearance page. With the exception of the chink B652s which Dayton gave me a second set for free because they knew that batch was shit I've never been done wrong by Dayton or PE. I'll take the risk to save $45.

Micca ALL DAY
Throw in dsp corrections and you'll be set for life

>sw-8mk2

I hate this sub. the psw10 is better

If you aren't fussy do what I did and spend $40 on a pair of 600w towers at a garage sale, go to best buy and get a cheap Denon receiver and you too can now have a wall shaking surround sound system for cheap.

It works great for me, this is all in my bedroom. and coming from Klipsch promedia set, everything is better.

Oh, nevermind

you don't cheap out on a monitor or cheap out on graphics why do people think its ok to cheap our on speakers they are the most enjoyable part

Don't forget to get a subwoofer. Otherwise you might as well use headphones.

>Inb4 plebspotters