Should i get a ryzon or a intel?

should i get a ryzon or a intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Moh3QkDqMtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2/10 garbage thread

its just a question m8.

you should get a gf

to elaborate a little more, 8 x 3.0 ghz ryzen or 4 x 4.2 ghz intel?

THIS
is far more rewarding
and satisfying
even if she is full bitchmode activated 24/7

just answer my question guys..

Intel, def. More Hz=more speed

what do more cores do?
thanks

You really should state your intended use case with questions like this. There's also both a PC building general thread as well as a small questions general thread, so I advice you to ask again in either of those with additional info provided.

Intel Pentium G4560. Everything else is the wrong answer.

tfw

Ryzen

>full bitchmode activated 24/7
Even the bitchist of women arnt that way 24/7

run more apps at that speed. but nobody runs 8 apps at the same time except retards.

ah thank you.

One does not simply 'get' a gf like one would buy a graphics card

SeeBudget Hyperthreading CPU. Will server 90% of purposes. Unless you need some extreme power for a specific purpose.

Get whatever runs your software best at whatever price point you decide to spend.

This.

i want to play mmos with it.

>comparing model to company
almost as stupid as comparing hardware to software

Most applications load four cores nowadays. 6 or 8 is a must for proper multitasking.

should i by a iphone or android

get the mac phone pc phone is shit

so lets imagine the game can do hyperthreading and we have a choice between an intel i7 7700k and a ryzen 7 1800x. which would i choose?

Ryzen

7700k is a peice of shit housefire that just barely does better on some games and does worse everywhere else.

so the i7 is shit for gaming? i want to play dual universe with it.

It's fine for gaming, but it runs hot as fuck and has half the thread count.

It's a bad value.

just go with a cheaper i5 K edition for gaming

>Says the retard from 2 years ago.

It's actually better for PC gaming. Buy the ryzen if you're never planning to upgrade gpus, or if you just like playing rereleased ports of your console games. But not the ports already released. I'm talking about all those future ports that will be released.

Get Ryzen

It's the only correct answer.

You should just get a JavaScript virtual machine. They support infinite compression with IEEE floating point hax
---------------------------------
Praesent porttitor eget libero sed placerat.

that latin sentence makes no sense lmao

N00b I am frozenvoid king of Sup Forums
Just I been busy making a little company called UBER.
srsly google my name

----------------------------
Nunc ac ornare nunc, molestie cursus massa.

I have the 1700X, runs pretty well, substantially better than my I5 2500K, max load is 55C with a Hyper 212 but the room it's in can get to like 85F, mostly because of the SLI setup

mind making a little advertising on your company for our empire in dual universe? the galactic commonwealth.

you do realize that a most OS run dozens of threads doing menials shit and that many applications support multi threading? your browser most likely utilizes many threads. most games will run two or three threads for various things. why does Sup Forums never cease to amaze me?

cpu way cheaper in the long and short haul

this

>2 years ago

really. pulled the trigger on an i7 4790k for $280. seems like a pretty good deal and now I have a solid gaming cpu for the next few years without having to upgrade my mobo. If ryzen turns out to be better than intel's offerings for gaming by then I might go amd to avoid getting new mobos when I just want a new cpu. kinda funny that I built my pc 2 years ago

Intel is better in several areas. The only time to buy amd is "am I a poor kid trying to build a bargain gaming pc".

Intel is only good at games, and only if you are willing to pay for a 7700K.

AMD destroys Intel in everything outside of games, have you even looked at any benchmarks?

>AMD destroys Intel

not really. Intel just edges ahead in most metrics, though now they aren't winning my much at all, especially when AMD's top tier consumer chip costs so much less than Intel's and performs almost as well. The only area where Intel is still comfortably ahead is gaming

AMD wins ahead of Intel in everything but SOME gaming and a small set of certain programs. It's just a company, sometimes they will lose to other companies. Intel lost.

Yeah I mean in terms of monetary value. You can get an 1800X for $500 which is only slightly slower than a 6950X which costs $1500. In some cases the 1800X even beats the 6950X.

AMD's multithreaded performance is ridiculous for the price, which is probably going to be Intel's downfall in the server market.

Helios X30

>Intel lost

that remains to be seen. whoever has the most money wins, and currently Intel is still winning. they can afford healthy competition and even being beat much more than AMD can. I know you really like AMD but see reasonably: in terms of performance Intel wins, but only just. if you want to do anything other than gaming get AMD, as their price to performance is absurd when compared to intel. ryzen's tdp is also very competitive at the low end, making it good for netbooks and even performance laptops. thank goodness this isn't bulldozer 2.0. hopefully vega delivers like ryzen

This. People read gaming benchmarks and think they apply to everything.

1600 handles games very well for the price, it's the best mid range CPU out at the moment.

You also don't need a ridiculous CPU for games anyway as your GPU is going to bottleneck your performance way before your CPU will.

I actually like Intel, FYI, but I'm not going to pretend they didn't get their ass handed to them by AMD.

Which is a good thing. They lost, which means the chips I want from them are cheaper.

>bottleneck

that depends on graphical settings, resolution, and desired framerate. you can definitely bottleneck your gpu if your cpu is inadequate

>1600 handles games very well for the price

did you not read what I wrote?

AMD leveling the playing field =/= Intel lost. everything doesn't need to be hyperbole

They did more than level the playing field. Intel is getting served on midrange/high end desktop.

Just built my first gaming computer. Turned it on and went straight into the motherboard bios to make sure i did everything right. Everything was great. That was two days ago, havent turned it on since then, today I turned it on and nothing but blank screen. What could go wrong with it sitting in a box for two days untouched?

Gaming benchmarks apply to the games, settings, and configurations that were benchmarked. I'm sure most people understand this by now, or are people misinterpreting this somehow?

Yeah maybe with two 1080Tis in SLI you will finally start bottlenecking a midrange CPU.

Why do you think they benchmark CPUs in games at like 640*480. It's because the GPU always bottlenecks way before the CPU.

And soon on the server front too.

AMD might not have done as well in the gaming market, but HEDT and servers are where Zen is really going to shine.

There are many instances where games top out at a certain framerate at 1080p using at least a mid range cpu, sometimes a top end one, and the problem doesn't go away when upgrading gpus

What software do you plan to use? What games do you play? What's your budget?

Fuck...

Yes

No.

Maybe...?

All correct answers.

Fucking bullshit. Post some evidence.

Pic fucking related, there's not a huge amount of difference, even between incredibly shit CPUs which are really cheap compared to incredibly expensive ones.

Just bought a 1700 for my home server, excited about those 16 threads man.

Intel can suck a quad cored dick, I'm tired of their shit. 8 cores do not cost 1200 dollars to make, they can call their shit "premium" all they want but people don't buy their shit because of the brand and they sure as fuck don't buy it for the shitty TIM and locked multipliers.

Their turbo kike shit has gone long enough, it's time they got put down hard as a motherfucker.

Can anyone recommend some good gf coolers?

A nice, dark, moist, cellar.

Calm down man. Just be happy that you got what you wanted. Enjoy your 16threads, and chill.

Audio processing wise (DAW) and video rendering, which one is superior ?

Oh I'm happy man, AMD is taping out 7nm by the end of the year and Intel can't even get 10nm to work worth a damn.

Good things are gonna happen real soon, Intel will either put their money where their mouth is or they will get completely dominated.

Either way, consumers are about to start winning.

Business as usual. Fuck I can't get away from these stealth marketers.

For fucks sake shitlord take these, and kys.

Arma 3, PCI lanes, Pcie passthrough, DCS, Photoshop, Marketshare, PC exclusive gaming, Non GPU bottleneck games, Virtual Machines, 128gb ram. Now fuck off. Consumers are tired of these tactics. Redteam+ pls go

user, I'm not a marketer, I've bought Intel for years, it's why I'm sick of them.

They are like a shitty ex.

I could see why you'd think so though, i just want a cpu for muh ffmpeg...

for normal non autists the G4560 or 4600 is all you need to do everythign

i have a 4600 it surpasses the haswell i3-4170 in every way (that literally struggled to stream 1440p video on YT)

i do heavy multitasking and some video and music editing, no issues

The people have every fucking right to be pissed at intel and thankful that there's actual progression in the CPU market, you dopey eyed fuck.

>The people have every fucking right to be pissed at intel and thankful that there's actual progression in the CPU market, you dopey eyed fuck

Fuck you with
>The people
Bullshit. The only correct answer is to buy which CPU fits your needs. No "consumer" tries to rally strangers to fight these retarded ass fights outside of marketers.

Neither company is your friend. Neither company is your enemy. Don't like one company buy the competition. Problem solved.

I ain't tryna get caught up in a corporate war between two shitty companies vying for my shekels.

Ain't my fight dawg.... It just ain't my fight.

Depends on your application and budget.

Do you game but also do quite a bit of work that is heavily multithreaded, get Ryzen.

Do you only game, get Intel, if your budget allows it, 7700k, the best gaming cpu right now, and make sure to pair it with at least 3000 mhz ram

>For fucks sake shitlord take these, and kys.
>
>Arma 3, PCI lanes, Pcie passthrough, DCS, Photoshop, Marketshare, PC exclusive gaming, Non GPU bottleneck games, Virtual Machines, 128gb ram. Now fuck off. Consumers are tired of these tactics. Redteam+ pls go
>I ain't tryna get caught up in a corporate war

(You)
(You)

DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

I use freezer. But you can keep some parts in the fridge.

People think gaming benchmarks also apply to non gaming applications, like rendering, video work, compiling etc or anything computer related

They've already released the specs on their new Skylake server chips and they're fucking trash compared to Naples (Epyc).

Like in every conceivable way they are worse. Worse IO, worse memory bandwidth, less total memory, less performance per watt etc.

Intel is royally fucked, it's not like they can just magically design a whole new architecture to compete.

I'm buying Intel because your a faaaagot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Moh3QkDqMtw

There will be NO IPC gains with future ryzen. Not even higher clocks just moar cores. Moar wait. Moar butthurt. What we have today is what AMShit will offer for the next decade.

THID IS WHAT AMD WON'T TELL YOU! DEVS PLS OPTIMIZE THIS CPU FOR US.

PLS SOMEONE OPTIMIZE

(((AMD))) FINE WHINE

RELEASE A SHITTY CPU AND WANTS EVERONE ELSE TO OPTIMIZE.

FUCKS FOR YOU AMD. MY FUCKS TO YOU.

>ubstantia
but slightly less ST performance..

Into the oven please.

CAN I BRING MY INTEL PC IN OVEN? I WANT TO PLAY REAL PC GAMES AND I CANT DO THAT WITH AMD. NOT OPTIMIZED!

(((AMD))) SAY PAVEL PLS OPTIMIZE.

WHO WILL PAY FOR LABOR. AMD DON'T!
SO NOTHING IS OPTIMIZED. BUT NOW DEVS GET BLAME.

NOW PAVEL IS SHILL FOR INTEL. GAME NOT OPTIMIZED FOR AMD. WTF. I SHIT ON AMD.

Do you literally only use your PC as a video game console without running any programs in the background? Get Intel. If not, get Ryzen.

DO HE WSNT TO RUN ALL GAMES AND POGROMS???? BUY INTEL IF NOT BUY AMD. SOME SOFTWARE EVEN RUNS BETTER IF OPTIMIZED

>buying an outdated 4790k for more than the better r5

AMD product is unquestionably superior in this case, and you STILL went and bought intel.

You paid more money
For an inferior product

bravo

This, buy Intel if you want a video game console, but you might get stutters

WANT TO RUN MULTICORE POGROMS???? BUY OLD INTEL!!!

TWO REAL CHOICES FOR TODAY. NEW FAST INTEL OR OLD HIGH CORE INTEL.

LIKE GAMES? BUY I7
WANT RENDERING? BUY OLD XEONS PUSH RENDER JOBS TO IT.

> any i5
>better than 4790k

toplel

>hedt
>moar cores
>bad
Kindly kys