Buy unlocked cpu

>buy unlocked cpu
>underclock it
What do you do with your unlocked cpus Sup Forums?

its for when it gets too hot and your cooling system is garbage or you want to passive cool. it lowers energy usage as well.

wtf do you think underclocking is for you fucking 13 year old new fag?

when my Atom netbook server broke down I had to fix up something to get it working within 10 hours
only thing I had at the time was an AMD Phenom II and had to underclock it to 2.2GHz to make it run somewhat silent, what a fucking pain. Otherwise underclocking is pointless.

>have laptop with 1st gen i7 @ 1.73GHz
>gets hot enough to trigger shutdown from general use
>use power management to keep it from clocking higher than 931MHz
>still reaches >95C and shuts down under

apply new thermal paste and check if the fan works

Already have, and the fan's been replaced entirely. Fan works, it pretty much runs full blast 100% of the time because it never drops below 70C even when idle.

check if there's even any contact with the heatsink
could also be the thermal sensor

>Atom netbook
>server

Heatsink attaches pretty snugly onto both the cpu and the gpu, and I'm pretty sure the thermal sensor's working properly because it does indeed run pretty damn hot.

>pic related, said laptop's heatsink assembly (or one exactly like it)

Another user here and this is a retarded question but did you blow the inside out for dust?

damn she's a qt

>buy unlocked cpu
>oh wait it's amd lol they're all unlocked

topkek intelfags on suicide watch

I took my old piledriver system and stuck it into a define c

underclocked the chip so that the temps would never cause the 212 evo to flare up and now it's literally noiseless. as in you wouldn't be able to tell it's on without looking. great living room machine.

Well wouldn't I need to get the unlocked so I could clock down as otherwise it's locked up

Stop memeing. I have a home samba server set up on a C2D laptop with 1GB of ram. Workx fine.

Why is he wearing a condom?

Why does the concept of an "unlocked" GPU even exist?

How can it possibly be "locked"

I always lock my gpu at night

>she

Not a thing only reason i bought the k aeries was it had a alightly higher stock clock

Intel's version of on disk DLC to squeeze more money out of gamers.

>singer from a world famous band
Yes she trans people are not allowed to sing

i tried to run my fx8350 at 2ghz 65w but it stopped working and now it wont turn on again.