/guts thread/

RYZEN EDITION

Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4Ghz 1.36v
ASUS PRIME B350M-A
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200Mhz
R9 Fury X

I want proof that you run a r7 1700 on 4Ghz.

It appears you have upside-downed your computer

on the contrary. It looks to be on its side. It looks to be one of those cube cases where the motherboard is horizontal to the ground. Ypu're looking at it from the top.
If I'm wrong, point to me where the PSU is.

You're both correct. The case can be configured for any angle. All panels are reorientable

in what form? Also it's really not that uncommon user, though I do have a decent bin.

Post CPU-Z while cpu under load

Here's my Ryzen master with a handbrake encode running

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6 GHz 1.32v
AsRock AB350M
16 GB Corsair Vengance @2933MHz
RX 570 Nitro+

>1.32v
>3.6Ghz

You should probably return that. That's the worst bin I've ever seen

Where my sff friends at

>worst bin
nignog that's the most common overclock. the fact you have a stable 4ghz, let alone at 1.36v either means you have the golden of golden chips, you're full of shit, or its barely stable and you just haven't run into instability yet.

iirc silicon lottery even stated only 25% of 1800x's can even hit 4ghz at 1.45v's and 1800x are amd's best binned ryzen's. 3.8ghz was 70% for 1700's non-x's @ 1.45v's. 3.9ghz for 70% of 1700's.

Asus z170-ar
i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz
Asus Strix gtx 1070oc
16gb hyperx ddr4 2400mhz

>B350 mATX board
>1700 @ 4GHz
What are your VRM temps?

3.6GHz is common at something like 1.25v
1.36v to achieve 3.6GHz is a bad bin

77% of 1800x's can huit 4, 27% of 1700's can you retard

no thats not true. stop speaking out of your ass. go on overclock.net and see for yourself. most 1700's can only hit 3.6 - 3.8ghz at 1.35 - 1.45v's.

if you can hit 3.6ghz at 1.2v's then you have a golden 1700. 1700, 1700x, and 1800x are based on binned chips. the higher the teir, the better of the bin. 1800x can run at 3.6ghz at 1.2v's because they're binned for that. while 1700's are the bottom of the barrel.

not only have countless of people proved this on overclock.net and silicon lottery, but i owned three 1700's, four 1700x's, and three 1800x's myself. along with two gigabyte gaming 5's and three crosshairs.

i highly doubt your claim of 4ghz. that's not stable. that's not stable at all at 1.35v's.

no, 77% of 1800x's canNOT hit 4ghz stable. 3.9ghz is the most common. 4ghz is less than 30%. 4.1ghz is even worse. stop spreading misinformation. and the 1800x is the only one who has the highest chance of hitting 4ghz to begin with on all 8 cores.

1. You're wrong
2. You're very wrong
3. Stop insisting you aren't wrong

4. You are so wrong
5. How can you be this wrong?
6. >implying chips can't OC to the frequency they run at non OC'd
7. how do you manage to be this wrong?

Have you seen the yields for AMD's Zeppelin dies? I wouldn't be surprised if most Ryzen 7 CPUs overclock similarly.

Ryzen 5-3550
Nvidia 390x
16gb ddr4-1866
Kanye West psu

spring cleaning boiiis
any opinions on what I can do for aesthics in here? I saw a video of some guy spraying his hyper 212 heatsink with white engine enamel, supposedly perfectly safe. I might do that or just get a new heatsink for looks sake.

RyzenX 6300
probably gonna get this case soon, how easy is cable management in it? yours looks a lot cleaner than most I've seen
nice

fuck off did I forget the image

mask the cooler and paint the top black. put two white frame fans on it. Paint is an insulator, I wouldn't suggest painting the entire thing.

I switched back to my stock cooler because my aftermarket big black cooler blocked the entire window on my computer case, so I couldn't see shit in there.

I will put the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 in my HTPC instead.

The stock cooler is decent to be honsest. Especially when your CPU is not overclocked.

I see you took my advice then

>Cinebench pass
top lol

feel free to take 50/100mhz off for perfect stability. Doesn't change that the average isn't fucking 3.6Ghz. That's a garbage bin and you're justifying your shitty bin.

It's pretty doable. Really helps to have an SFX PSU though.

What case is that?

Bitfenix Prodigy

Where are your SSDs?

Oh, nice. Didn't know they made one that was the same style as an mATX case

Ryzen 1700x
r9 290

There's a tray in the backplate, fits 3 SSDs

any coil whine with your sf600? Not really that big of a deal but i'm a little disappointed with my unit.

None that I've noticed, pretty happy with it actually.

fuck yeah dude. I've also been thinking about buying a new computer case with a wider window. Why you may ask? It's because my computer is in another room and you see it everytime you walk past it. It's kind of like a painting to be honest.

Then I can use the Fractal Design R5 for my HTPC and retire the R4.

NZXT S340 Elite black or black/red?

I know that it may seem like a waste of money but

my roblox machine

What does silicon lottery say about the 1600X? And where did you get that info from?

How are your noise levels, m8?

New pic

>water
>no cable sleeving

why

Fucking nice, but provide some kind of proof of your oc please..

Does that board have Load Line Calibration options in the bios?

My garbage board don't, hoping it will within the next few updates tho, then I'll join your b350 matx 4ghz club :3
Also I can't even boot with ram higher than 2400mhz.

Also wondering this No heatsinks...

I'm looking at getting a 1700 and Taichi Ryzen build. Stuck on the RAM at the moment.
Should I get the g.skil flare X 3200 or something cheaper?
Apparently the flare X will hit 3200 more reliably, but it's stupidly expensive. I could get the RGB shit for less.

Just check your motherboard QVL. There's way cheaper kits which run at 3200.

Also don't waste money on an X370 board, get a B350.

Wrong pic, here's with specs.

Yes it has LLC, also I posted proof.
No idea VRM temp, but 1.36v really isn't that high. Auto voltage settings will go above that. It's a 4+2 and it really isn't that much of a strain.

But I want an X370 board.

>Ryzen 5-3550
W A T
A
T

get a new cpu poorfag

>41c
>on idle
>problably watercooled
this is the POWER of intel in the CURRENT YEAR

Waiting for threadripper or 2nd gen zen

>41c
>on idle
>1250mhz 290x
you're supposed to post the core clock, not the memory

That is the core clock. What do you think this is? A Nvidia card? The r9 290/390 cards would only do 1300mhz on average. I had 2 290Xs with custom LN2 BIOS flashed on them to remove voltage limitations and heat throttle. I got 1485mhz on my cards at 1.46v. The 2 cards would use around 680 watts by themselves when benching.

Looking for an opinion or 2. Planning on redoing my black and red build into a black and silver theme. I've emailed nzxt about getting an s340 elite with matte black outside panels, and a white interior. You guys think that would look better than just the all black?

I plan to add some light blue or purple leds to the case in the future as well.

that is the core clock dumbass

Why pay more for ram when you can buy cheap Samsung E-die ram?

Capable of doing 3866 cas12

are you me?

>r7 1700 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v
>msi b350 tomahawk
>16gb a-data xpg z1 @ 3200mhz
>r9 fury x

hey guys I have a question - I have a PSU that's almost 9 years old now, it's a corsair HX620

so I'm wondering - does a PSU heavily affect the stability of an overclock? if so, by how much?

Thats very old for a psu, remember they degrade over time. I switch them out every 5 years.

And yes, old psu can severely affect system stability and performance, even non overclocked.

I whouldn't even overclock at all with that old psu, they can fry the whole system if they go..

Just get a new HX750 or something.

alright, thanks for the info!

Part the psu out with an older computer on ebay

post gpu z under load. I have never seen a 290/x at 1250mhz even bios modded under water.
sure ya did samefag

I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA BUY AN NZXT S340 ELITE.

X99 had the same problems as ryzen, obviously Intel platforms support like every kit on the planet

Guys. Is ryzen 5 1500x best bung for buck?
I havekingston 8gb ddr3 1600mhz, Inno3D GTX 970 and fx4300, which I wto upgrade, PSU will be exchanged to modular and have to get new case and motherboard.

1600 non X is best bang for buck

Thanks man

what case?

pls no bully

Thermaltake Core V21

What's a good matx case for ~100€

Core V21, Bitfenix Phantom/Prodigy, Node... 804?

Here it is at 1300mhz, it wasn't entirely stable at that though but it was pretty stable at 1250 with no modifications to the voltage

How about this for advice, places like tom's hardware are marketing arms of nvidia and intel, don't trust them on things like "AMD cant overclock" because its a beyond blatant jewish lie

what case?

WOW, you can clock to 1300mhz with no load.

it is under load you autistic cuck

AMD CANT OVERCLOCK ITS NOT TRUE ITS NOT TRUE

wow as if you could be anymore obvious you dumb tripshit

I need a new case. What do you think about Define C?

What vidya would I have to play to appreciate the difference between a 1080 and a 1080 ti?

sure it is pal. post the screengrab.

>6200M
>2816 unified shaders
>332.8GB/s memory
>512Bit bus width
>4GB vRAM

>still is being beaten by $99 GTX960 4GB in every single game
kek

>ecks dee robbee rotteeen
Fucking underages

i5-4690k
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury
GTX 1070

Since when can a 960 do bf1 maxed out at 60fps 1440p

Obviously you don't know how AMD GPUs work, they don't clock up unless they are under load

Kill me now

>AMD A6-3650 APU
>8.00GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
>Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H (Socket M2)
>1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (MSI)
>698GB Seagate ST375052 8AS SATA Disk

You're getting picked on for posting a speccy in a guts thread. Also people want to see that air cooled 290 running at clocks that some ln2 setups fail to reach at 1.4v

how's my cable management bois?

this had to be slow even when brand new

Learn how to read, moron.

I built it probably 8-9 years ago and it wasn't too bad. I didn't have the money for much else.

That's actually pretty good.
Stuck here with DDR2 800 MHz and an AMD phenom triple-core 2.1 Ghz..

>picture taken with my Windows phone

gpu-z just reports whatever the tuner is set at.
This is a trbl bin and artifacts around 1125mhz at 1.25v. Without the monitor open it just tells us it could run 1300mhz without crashing the desktop

i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz
Titan X Pascal
16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz
Maximus IX Hero
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2
Seagate 2TB SATA
Corsair HX 850i
NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM fans
EK waterblocks, pump/res and radiators

Why does "Ryzen" sound so angry, hostile and homosexual?

Because you're angry, hostile, and homosexual, so you project your feelings onto other things and people you encounter.

Alienware Aurora R1 MiniITX mobo
i7-2600k @ stock 3.4ghz cooled by Deep Cool Mini
2x4gb Vengeance 1600mhz DDR3 ram
Asus DirectCUII 660 Ti
Seagate 1tb 7200rpm mechanical 3.5" HHD
Antec Earthwatts Green 500w PSU