/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general

/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com/

THEN state the PURPOSE of your PC & BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify goal: lower price or improved specs?
ctrl+f to see if your question was answered already

>How to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

CPUs:
>G4560 - budget builds (R5 1500x - generally all you need for 60fps with power to spare. No i5
>R5 1600 - best value for higher fps gaming & mixed usage; 1600x if you don't want to OC
>i7-7700k - bad value but good; may have heat issues even at stock clocks
>R7/Xeon - compute/Multitask/mixed use

Graphics:
>G4560 iGPU is fine for LoL, dota2, rocket league, etc
>1050Ti at ~$105. Drop settings if not Freesync/Gsync on newer games; RX560 if discounted
>RX570 4GB - 1080p@60+hz, running most maxed; older games at 144+hz
>RX580 8GB - 1440p@60+hz, inject SMAA & drop settings for some games
>1060 - Generally outperformed by the RX 580 and GSync costs more; consider only if AMD is not an option (ie CUDA)
>1070 - 1080p@144hz/1440p@100+hz
>1080 - 1080p@90-144+hz maxed; 1440p at lower hz.
>1080Ti - 1440p@90-144+hz; 4k@60hz in SOME games, more at lower settings
>Freesync2 & Vega soon

General:
>READ PRODUCT REVIEWS to see if that cheap SSD/PSU or whatever is reliable
>Consider larger SSD-only for what you budget SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't for faster OS boot. They're primarily for productivity as a scratch disk
>Stop fucking confusing any M.2 drive with NVMe. M.2 is a form factor
>Go mATX form factor for cheaper board+case
>1 SR DIMM is slower than 2 DIMMs
>Computex in a few days, wait for it

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/NsYGYr
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BGF6gL
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q9zrsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/vGjxd6
youtube.com/watch?v=bBKHsMar1Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=X6Ovmxfejvo
youtu.be/JypkqwpOtNI?t=8m
pcpartpicker.com/list/JbChLD
youtube.com/watch?v=MjgLMASZJlg
youtube.com/watch?v=PZjHYM7zDiE
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZJB3nn
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NcNmpb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What 4 TB hard drive should I get? Speed isn't very important, I just need a reliable drive for as low a price as possible.

Which of these two would you pick?
- Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 for ~125 USD
- MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON for ~147 USD
These are the only B350s featuring the better Realtek ALC1220 audio. The MSI also has Intel LAN which should be better but as neither feature wifi, it probably doesn't make any difference in my case because I'll have to buy some additional wireless card.
The MSI has obviously better phases, better vrm cooling etc, but is it worth the higher price?

don't buy any
What a shill fucking OP
How much is AMD paying you?

B250 offers better audio and Ethernet NIC from the same manufacturers across the board. You'll need to pay more for the X370 to get more options.

Weston Digital Blue seems to be the go to option. A thousand or two have been in theses thread, and not to my memory a single complaint.
Roughly $110 four 4tb.
As opposed to your ravings of a madman.

>intel
no thanks

I see nothing shill-related in that OP post, the second one is just opinionated, but not inaccurate. No mentions of any Ryzen CPUs though.

Depends, overclocking go the MSI. but if you're running stock as a rock the AB board should suffice.
For your WiFi it's best to use a card if you're over 10mb/s connection. If greater than 25mb/s you'll need a 5Ghz card, AKA dual band. Check your router to make sure it's also dual band, code should be 802.blah.blah c.

>WD Blue
LOL no
Toshiba X300 4TB, or the X300 5TB for $15 more.

Depends on if you want to overclock and which CPU you're getting.
You should be able to OC moderately with a 6 core on the gigabyte. The VRMs are suck but there's still 4+3 phases of them so they should be able to handle that much but you will probably kill it with an OC'd 8 core.
The MSI board will be able to overclock an 8 core though

>What a shill fucking OP
>How much is AMD paying you?
Jesus christ how stupid do you have to be?
This OP has been made and edited my multiple persons throughout all the threads
There's no fucking shilling in there, you're just autistic

I'm a bit poor so I made the Ryzen 5 1600 choice and overclock
I think I'm leaning more towards the MSI, but then the Gigabyte has dual bios and power outages happen quite often in the shithole I live in. Internet is adsl "up to" 10 Mb/s, in reality around 6 Mb/s.

What a fucking liar. Those motherboards simply don't have the headroom to push 80% of Ryzen 5 1500X to 3.7GHz, let alone Ryzen 5 1600X to the same level. The mosfet quality on most B350 motherboards are Chink-tier or worse and will give out because board makers don't give a flying fuck about how long those components last. If you push more than 1.3V through one of their boards and try to RMA them when they do die in half a year, they'll tell you to fuck off and buy another one.

Pay more for a X370 and you'll alleviate most of those issues. The B350 is a horrible choice for overclocking, just like those Z270 motherboards that sell for under $140.

I got an R7 1700 & Asus Prime b350m-a and can oc at 3.7GHz
stable under prime95

>ASUS Prime
Oh, you mean the motherboard that can't use memory faster than 2400MHz without shitting the bed? And is apparently such a known issue that ASUS customer service ask people what RAM kits their customers are using when they troubleshoot overclocking issues?

What am I doing wrong?
Why is my build so much more expensive when compared to others?
pcpartpicker.com/list/NsYGYr

I intend to use it for playing video games at medium settings on 1080p.

I missed a post. Go to the thread, it's all from as the OP.
If you're interested to go back further he's been trying to hijack for a while now.
Congratulations on your first successful recommendation :D
Dual bios is handy for setting up your overclock so you don't have to clear CMOS should you 'hard brick'.
It should have overclock profiles that you can save setting to, that way you can quick swap between power saving and high performance profiles you've made.
>6Mb/s
You can get away with a wireless dongle thingo. Like $5. But I wouldn't expect it not to fuck up on you while tearing through data. They have a tendency to overheat.
Can get you through most gaming.

I can't help you with power outages other than suggesting a 1500X. But you've already got a pretty low consumption chip, unless the cost of power there is high.

3.7GHz is stock for a 1500X, and if they didn't have enough headroom to completely max out a 1500X they wouldn't be able to run Ryzen 7.
The rest of your points are so off base and laden with hyperbole that they're not even worth responding to.

Which build is better if gaming is not that important

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BGF6gL

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q9zrsJ

>What am I doing wrong?
What games do you normally pay?
The Ryzen 5 1500X is a poor choice compared to other CPUs for gaming.

You have a very expensive cooler that performs about the same as a $25-40 cooler from a non-poo brand
You're using a motherboard that also has known RAM issues past 2666MHz and still hasn't gotten the latest BIOS update that AMD rolled out weeks ago (but at least you're using RAM that works).
You're paying $100 for a full-tower case when most mATX cases are about $30-40.
And you don't need a 80+ Gold rated PSU.

You don't need a separate CPU cooler, the 1500X comes with a pretty decent one in box. The PSU is overkill as hell and the RX570 can do 1080p at high/max let alone medium settings. That's where I'd start trying to cut costs at least.

>it's all from as the OP
Funny, that isn't me. Nice accusation though.

Yes, that one.
Next agesa will see improvements though. The previous bios updates could reach 2600MHz (or plus?) easily but the agesa fucked this up.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/NsYGYr
You can get away with a cheaper CPU cooler (or the included one with the CPU if it comes with one), a cheaper case, and maybe a cheaper PSU (though I'd keep the one you've got, I've had cheap PSUs burn out).

3.7GHz is its Boost clock, you fucking moron
>i don't have anything to dispute those claims, so I'll dismiss it as hyperbole
noice

>he Ryzen 5 1500X is a poor choice compared to other CPUs for gaming.
How so?
The R5 1600 is a neat CPU but it doesn't mean the others are bad. The 1500x is a fine CPU even though it's 4 core because of SMT.

If you were using a i5-7600K and a Z270 motherboard, then you wouldn't be having ANY of those issues, senpai

You don't need this CPU cooler (in fact you don't need any) and with the money saved by removing it you could up to an R5 1600 instead

the point about power outages was related to the dual bios thing, so as to not brick the board while flashing updated bios

I've heard Toshiba have awful warranty policies though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vGjxd6
Thoughts?

The Core i5-7500 costs roughly the same, but performs better in nearly all AAA titles. The Ryzen 5 1600 has more cores at similar clock speeds. The quad-core Ryzens are DOA options that should never have been released until Ryzen can figure out how to electrically disable half the cores in their CCX without creating stability issues.

The g4560 build would be better at gaming but outside of gaming you don't really need such an expensive GPU or 4c8t (R5 1400)
The g4560 would be better for money saving purposes.

Failure rate isn't that bad tho.

They do, but they're cheap and roughly the same price as WD Blues (which are 5400rpm drives). X300s are roughly equivalent to WD Blacks in performance, but just as loud.

Stop spreading fud.
youtube.com/watch?v=bBKHsMar1Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=X6Ovmxfejvo
youtu.be/JypkqwpOtNI?t=8m

Read the whole post before spamming your videos again, you moron.
And yes, you are spamming.

>3.7GHz is its Boost clock
Oh yeah so it is.
Also it's just impossible to convince you otherwise, i could point out the people running ryzen 7s and ryzen 5 OCs with that exact board but then you'll respond with "well those are going to die in 6 months" and neither of us have enough information to prove our points. My logic is that if the VRMs can handle the strain of an 1800X a ~3.7-3.8GHz 1600 probably isn't going to be a suicide overclock for such a board but you don't seem to think that makes any sense.

I've read every single of your autistic posts, but you can't even bothered to watch my videos.
You make claims, those videos debunk your claims, end of the story.

The person to who you replied to here:
Which motherboard and PSU would you suggest?

pcpartpicker.com/list/JbChLD
Here, it's still not ideal but it's a decent start to getting the price back down to earth.

Actually he was claiming the 7500 was faster than the 1500X and was arguing a 1600 was a better buy.
You clearly didn't read his autistic posts.

I recommended either the i5-7500 (which is still the better overall choice) AND the Ryzen 5 1600 (which is the bare minimum choice of the entire line-up without falling into buyer's rermorse territory fullstop).
And you're jumping accusations like a paranoid shill. Is AMD cutting your wage again? Are you feeling the pressure from your corporate masters to shift more outmodeled and gimped Ryzen 5s? Poor you.

>Actually he was claiming the 7500 was faster than the 1500X
And i disagree with this.
youtube.com/watch?v=MjgLMASZJlg

Buy a cheap motherboard for overclocking and you'll pay the price in under a year. This has been true for decades on both CPUs. B350s have the same low or poor-quality mosfet and chokes as cheap Z270 options meant for pre-built builders and budget users who will not overclock.

>he's now resorting to cherrypicked benchmarks
JUST

Okay, but you totally didn't know that's what he was saying and even turned around and claimed you'd read the entire reply chain when he pressed you on it.

>is given evidence his opinions are wrong
>CHERRYPICKING
sounds like an assblasted Intel/Trump dick sucker.
So what's your plan to "Make Intel great Again"

My bad, for some reason they decided to do a bios update that didn't include agesa, even though they did a beta bios including it 6 days ago

Look at the price on the X370 motherboard, the memory kit used with the Ryzen 5 system, and then compare it to the overall cost of the i5 system.
It's a hundred dollars worth of difference just to eek out a barely insignificant advantage over a stock-clocked and cheaper i5 system.

>>he's now resorting to cherrypicked benchmarks
I literally just searched for benchmarks that showed actual recorded footage of the benchmark with Afterburner stats being shown, because that's a much better way to compare CPUs in games than looking at a graph most of the time.
Just because it doesn't line up with your beliefs doesn't mean it's cherrypicked.

Should I change anything on here?

I'd recommend getting a better cooler (the 7700k heats quite a lot at times)
Also could save some money on going for a non-samsung SSD

See That reviewer had to pay much more than the equivalent i5 system just to get performance parity. If that's not cherrypicking to an extreme, then I don't know what is.

Thanks for the suggestion, your builds price is vastly better than the one of my build.

>pay attention to me samefagging myself!
>I swear I'm right

You are right, my bad for not noticing this, have some other benchmark instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=PZjHYM7zDiE

You're saying that AMD users should pay more just to have the same gaming experience as Intel users? And I'm the shill here?

RAM speed isn't listed, but at least it's much better from a price-to-price comparison.

Oh, but it's strange how they don't ever test out older AAA and MOBA games that people still play in their millions...

I did two small tweaks to the heatsink and ssd.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZJB3nn

SSD choice is purely based on lower price. (ideal price to gb/lifetime) You won't notice any speed differences in consumer usage.

Thanks

>Oh, but it's strange how they don't ever test out older AAA and MOBA games that people still play in their millions...
Stop being paranoid acting like everyone is partaking in brand wars, they aren't.

Oh and get a HyperX Cloud II if you don't have any peripherals (assuming you don't based on the kb+m pickup)

Ditch the case for a cheaper one. Phantek's own P400 is half the price and offers similar build quality.
And Corsair keyboards seem to suffer from failing backlights after a few months.
Also
>SATA-M.2
He might as well buy a regular MX300 that's $20 cheaper.

Ram speed is listed, it's 2400MHz, with an Asus Prime b350m-a. The intel system has a Asus Z170-P.

If you're really looking for just medium settings like you said, you could drop it even further by replacing the RX570 with a 560 or a 1050ti. I'm less up to speed on lower end cards though so I don't know which ones the better buy.

>already bought all parts except gpu and ram
>want to buy rx 580
>can't because it's all sold out
T-thanks AMD.

But it's not $20 cheaper, user. Price was sorted by GB/$. It's on sale or the prices are fluctuating, as they literally always do. Did you even read where I said I chose it purely on price?

Not giving benchmarks on the most popular MOBA titles in the world seems a little shady if you ask me. It's a given that Intel simply performs better in DOTA2, Starcraft, LoL, Overwatch, Rocket League, and other mainstream titles. Even when streaming to twitch, the Core i5-7500 offers a higher average FPS than the R5 1600 does. I should know, I've tried both systems and came away with the same results with different MOBA and AAA titles.

Dont worry, Vega will be out Soon™

It's listed as $159.99, but Micro Center had them on sale for $139.99. Am I missing something here?

>I swear I'm not a shill guys! Promise!

None of the motherboards are worth it right now. Asus hasn't released their top of the line board yet.

What is a good speaker?

1050's are rock bottom. But they trade blows with 460's.
They're capable cards for a lot of 1080, but in that price range you should aim for longevity.
And there's not much resale value even now. I can't recommend either. unless you want an in-between card you can keep as a backup should shit go south in future.

If you see yourself buying something else in 6/12 months time, go for that. But if you want it to last longer go for a 570/580.

Need a good desk that can fit and show off my mid size tower. It has a window so I want to be able to look at all the pretty internals.

And ASUS won't if they know what's good for their business.

Can't really help you with that. No because we're a PC thread, but because things may not exist where you are.
But still, try out (battle station thread)
They should have a few ideas for you. Avoid the Herman miller shill.

Anything wrong with this as a budget build?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NcNmpb

>No radiator
>No pump
Literally useless cooling solution.

You forgot to add that you need at least $150 ram to achieve this with ryzen

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NcNmpb
If you're going to use 2133MHz RAM, then you might as well buy an H110 motherboard. All of the ones in stock have the BIOS update that lets them use Kaby Lake CPUs.
>802.11n adapter
Do you not have an ac WAP? Because that's a bit expensive for a n receiver

Nah, it's there. Bottom left.

Where? You mean the reservoir?

All three videos in the post show specs in the description, and naturally they don't align with your claims. Time to leave the thread.

It was recommended by someone before and I haven't looked into wireless adapters, any cheap ones you'd recommend?

What router/WAP do you have at home?
Look at this twat
What a salty cunt he is

Of the board...
The fuck... Are they really cooling the 3.3v regulator?
Guess the pump is at the back.

Found it.

It's the TalkTalk HG633, which is 802.11ac

System:
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz
Asus PRIME B350M-A
Intel i5 7600 3.5Ghz
Asus Z170-P
GTX 1060 6gb
16Gb RAM

>16Gb RAM
You don't need to know how much that 3600Mhz RAM costed, goy.
However cheaper ryzen is, in the end ryzen system will cost more, as it requires high speed ram. And mostly specific high speed ram.

Oh nice, you proved that the RAM was uncertain instead of the $150 that other guy claimed, thank you
Thank god the two other videos indicate 2400MHz, proving you wrong.

There are cheaper or similarly priced 802.11ac adapters you can use, although I'll recommend sticking with ethernet over any wifi.

>Thank god the two other videos indicate 2400MHz, proving you wrong.
Only they indicated the same vague
>16Gb RAM
I hope you at least are getting payed for spamming these threads with same shit everyday, and openly lying to anons.
Every non retard knows - intel can work well with any ram. Amd requires high speed ram from with specific chips. All in all, amd system will cost more due to expensive ram.
And then that ram won't work at specified speeds, as is now the case with 90% of ryzen users.

>hank god the two other videos indicate 2400MHz
There is a bug with some ASUS BIOS that reports the wrong RAM speed on any monitoring software. 2400MHz is the default speed related to this issue, so it could be a 1-in-100000 luckyass motherboard that can run 3200MHz stable, for all we know.
You need to stop shilling right now. It is against the board's rules.

even though this is amd central right now. Does amd install telemetry with their drivers like nvidia does for some reason right now?

100% fresh new ryzen 5 1600 build keeps freezing after installing win 10 (b350 wouldn't let me install windows 7 cool your jets). RAM is compatible, just lowered it from 2400mhz to 2133mhz. I installed all the drivers that came with the disc, should I look for an updated chipset driver?

obv update bios

Have you run a memtest yet? The RAM could just be faulty.

>i-it's totally not the right RAM speed guise!
>i swear, just a bug!
What fucking bug are you talking about? I own the fucking board that the Ryzen system is being tested
You're just pulling things out of your ass