>He thinks "French" fries were actually invetned by the French

>french
Fuck you m8.

>french

Oh, I can post again....

>mexican education

>french

not our fault dumb anglos named it french fries when it's actually belgian

I ordered a pizza from a home delivery service and they were late by couple of minutes so I started bitching about the cold pizza and they sent me a 25GEL discount voucher.
So I immediately ordered about 5 kilos of french fries which I didn't even pay for and I'm eating them right now. Pic related, I have three more boxes of this stuff
Couldn't find a more appropriate thread to post this

Belgian "culture" is literally just French

>JUST THROW LE JEWS INTO LE CHAMBER MEIN FÜHRER

heh

>JUST THROW LE DISSENTERS INTO LE GULAG COMRADE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THEY'RE FLEMISH

>American Education

Much better than

>JUST THROW LA MIERDA IN LA PANQUECA, CHICO

Flemish = French-Dutch-Austrian rape babies
Walloons = French-Austrian rape babies

>not liking french fries

>American culture is burgers and fries
>mfw American culture is Belgian

>JUST THROW LE CRIMINALS ONTO AUSTRALIA M8

>Belgian culture is French
>therefore American culture is French
>France is the most cultured nation on Earth
>America is cultured

vegetal oil or beef grease lads?

No, fuck you.

>Professor Paul Ilegems, curator of the Frietmuseum in Bruges, Belgium, believes that Saint Teresa of Ávila fried the first French fries, referring also to the tradition of frying in Mediterranean cuisine

duck fat

I should try to do fries with duck fat once

beef masterace

You have to double fry them if you want it to be crisp outside and soft inside.

It's easier to just boil the potatoes a bit before you fry them

>5kg Pommes
what are you doing?

Belgian actually

Hmmm good idea.

What were they thinking?

Both Flemish and Walloon m8

Mayonnaise with quality fries is godlike desu

the fatter the better, I thought you knew that already

>french

I hope you get beheaded by the drug cartels you fucking ugly, smelly, oxygen wasting spic.

Chisporrotea
en el aceite
hirviendo
la alegría
del mundo:
las papas
fritas
entran
en la sartén
como nevadas
plumas
de cisne matutino
y salen
semidoradas por el crepitante
ámbar de las olivas.

El ajo
les añade
su terrenal fragancia,
la pimienta,
polen que atravesó los arrecifes,
y
vestidas
de nuevo
con traje de marfil, llenan el plato
con la repetición de su abundancia
y su sabrosa sencillez de tierra.

horse oil

>Flemish = French-Dutch-Austrian rape babies
>Walloons = French-Austrian rape babies

No

Both are descended from Salian Franks, Belgic Celts and Celto-Germanics, and leftover Roman.

You'll find a couple % of Central Asian haplogroups of Hunnic origins even, but no typical Spanish and Austrian subclades.

Ergo: Although the royals were Spanish and Austrian at one time, the Huns were pretty much the last foreigners to spread their seed here.

sources: Larmuseau et al 2011 and 2013 (using Brabant Y-DNA project data, large pool of people with proven local ancestry until early 19th century)

>about to make fun of his country's cuisine
>remember we have none ourselves

>Wat zijn Vlaamse Frietjes
There is no such thing as Walloon Fries. Even Brabantians, Limbourgish and Zealanders have more claim to the fries than the Walloons.

Fuck yes duck fat is always a good answer

Nah just Flemish
I'm not willing to give Walloons credit for anything nice.

>JUST LE CHOP OFF THEIR HANDS KLOOTZAK

"The inhabitants of Namur, Andenne, and Dinant had the custom of fishing in the Meuse for small fish and frying, especially among the poor, but when the river was frozen and fishing became hazardous, they cut potatoes in the form of small fish and put them in a fryer like those here."[13][14] Gérard has not produced the manuscript that supports this claim, which, even if true, is unrelated to the later history of the French fry, as the potato did not arrive in the region until around 1735. Also, given 18th century economic conditions: "It is absolutely unthinkable that a peasant could have dedicated large quantities of fat for cooking potatoes. At most they were sautéed in a pan..."

true, pre-fry freshly cut potatoes at 160°C until they sing, cool, fry at 180°C until golden.

the only decent way to make them, not exactly rocket science, but seldom done like this outside Belgium

What do haplogroups have to do with culture m8? Being under different rulers influences your culture

For clarification, I didn't mean literal rape-babies

This, though I recall that parts of Luik and Luxembourg were Ripuarian Franks, not Salian. And parts of the Flemish coast seems to have some distant Frisian ancestry (though that might be due to the Frisian admixture of the Salian Franks in the first place.)

And the Bruxellois are obviously Algerian :^)

They're only called Flemish fries in Holland.

There are early references to fries sold in Wallonia, equally to the southern Dutch regions that should have been Belgian in the first place (Zeeland, Brabant, Limburg).

That's pretty narrow-minded

> And parts of the Flemish coast seems to have some distant Frisian ancestry
That would certainly explain why they talk like they have potatoes in their mouth :^)

>Belgians invent something, call them "frites"
>Bongs insist that """chips""" is the right word

Don't say that, half of their culture is also Dutch.

>Not using superior frog oil

Snail drool

>For clarification, I didn't mean literal rape-babies

I always value blood-ties over cultural influence when it comes to (our) ancestry. But in your case, I'd replace Austrian by Spanish. Austrians were never much liked around here back in the days. Look at how much they resented "enlightened despote" Joseph II of Austria.

>That's pretty narrow-minded
Ok ok I like the saxophone, we cool now?

>Zeeland
>Belgian
wat the fuck am I reading
I mean, I can understand the Generaliteitslanden (except Westerwolde and Upper Guelders), but Zealand has never been Belgian in any capacity.
>inb4 muh Zealandic Flanders

It's tasty as fuck tho. Fries with mayo > fries with ketchup

theyre actually called reich fries

Fair enough I guess. It's just easier for me to see German influences (probably more due to geography than Austrian rule) than Spanish

A good mayo tastes better than any ketchup or mustard.

>This, though I recall that parts of Luik and Luxembourg were Ripuarian Franks, not Salian. And parts of the Flemish coast seems to have some distant Frisian ancestry (though that might be due to the Frisian admixture of the Salian Franks in the first place.)

True. Northern West-Flanders is mostly Frisian and some Saxon sea-farer ancestry. Southern West-Flanders has more Celtic and Salian blood.

The East is indeed Ripuarian. They have never been considered Flemish, only recently since Flemish now means all Belgians that speak Dutch.

Exactly. Ingvaeonian Germanic it's called. And the use of double negatives in that dialect likely comes from the coastal Celts recorded as still living here in the 5th century.

I don't know if I agree with that. Mustard is the king of dressings.

kill yourself spic

give us back Sincfal filthy calvinist scum

> Fries with mayo > fries with ketchup

You subhuman baboon. You literal nigger.

How dare you speak, you swarthy jungle monkey. How dare you open your big lipped, rim encrusted, menthol cigarette smelling mouth?

You are human trash, Diego Tyrone LeShawn de Maradona. Universally despised, derided and mocked. Your nationality and skin tone offers no hope to the world that South America can ever prosper. Crawl back in to the Brazilian jungle you came out of, you literal orangutan.

I hope you decide to sail your grandfathers skip to the Falklands and rape some sheep, as is in the negroes nature. It would still be the whitest pussy you ever had. Give Nigel and Robert a chance for some target practice, your sole use to the world. Argentinians obsession with a few windswept islands in the Atlantic is hilarious but sad. Coincidentally its the only worthwhile contribution Argentina has made to the medical field. The MUH LAS MALVINAS sentiment in the average negro Argentinian is both an early warning sign of autism in children, and early on set Alzheimer's in adults.

Take your black hairy fingers off your keyboard, and never talk about the human species again, you mockery of our supposed shared ancestor.. No amount of olive oil and wheat flour slabbed on your face every morning will make you white. It's about as delusional of an idea as your daydreams of European heritage.

You nigger.

You make Bolivia look like a beacon of civilisation.

You are the Baltimore of South America.

Go fertilise the pampas with you and your families corpses, its the best you can hope for in life. For the first time in your life, nigger, you have a job making food for beings vastly superior to yourself. Uruguayan cattle. Coincidentally, it would be the first time an Argentinian "man" provided for a family.

Die, Diego. No one would miss you. Except for Australian Aboriginals, who now would have no one to make them look good.

tl;dr

>french

Rather French cultural influences I'd say, even in the germanic-speaking Flemings, are predominant. The Germanic cultural influences are closer to Bavarian (so yeah maybe Austrian ; catholic germanics), but not at all to Northern Germany.

The Dutch are the Germans-in-pocket-format (shared calvinist culture), but not really the Flemings.

Ketchup is fucking shit go kill yourself you abo subhuman

> ketchup

fuck off yank

I'd politely disagree. North Brabant, Twente, Dutch Limburg and parts of Zealand are staunchly Catholic.

In the middle ages, Brabant was the most important province and it forms the basis of most Dutch customs. If anything, the Dutch are more like the French than the Germans. Lest we forget, the upper class of the Netherlanders spoke French like the upper-class Flemings.

He's right tho mayo is better than ketchup

You are probably right there. But although the calvinist dominance amongst the Dutch upper class and the formation of a calvinist "Bible Belt" is a later development, even today the remnants of a dominant state-preferred calvinism is still there.

I've always considered the southern regions of NL culturally much closer to us Flemings.

>I've always considered the southern regions of NL culturally much closer to us Flemings.
I agree, but I really think it is more of a gradient, with the Northeastern (Saxon & Frisian) Netherlands on one end and Western Flanders on the other. Holland lies somewhere in between, linguistically and culturally being closer to Flanders, but religiously and genetically closer to Frisia/DLS.

WE WUZ FRY COOKS AN SHEEEIT

dude weed lmao