Alienware Alpha/SteamMachine

Guys, really looking for some clarification on something, hope guys can do it!

Right, so i'm looking to buy an alienware alpha, which i believe comes with windows 10, where you can choose between desktop and console mode.

I believe you can buy a steam machine, and install windows in place of the Steam OS.

What i want to know, is, if i did get a steam machine, and install W10, how does the system start up? can you still chose a console mode or does it o straight to W10.

Obviously it would just boot into Windows 10 because you got rid of SteamOS.

yes, but i have seen videos of people booting up an alien ware alpha , W10 and it gives them console mode?

Dude, save the hazzle and the humilliation for buying overpriced hardware from Dell, just build yourself a Desktop PC with an i3 6100,8gib DDR4 ram,and a RX560, that shit will play most steam games at a decent quality setting and framerate @1080p, plus you can install windows 7 on it.

So if you have seen people do it, why are you asking us? You do know that we aren't your personal tech support, right?

because i can get the answer to my specific question.

dont get sassy with me please

>dont get sassy with me please
Shut the fuck up. You already have your answer if you found a video of someone doing what you want.

Install Gentoo, faggot.

no, like i said, the video was someone booting an alienware alpha with W10. This was out of the box

How the fuck does that mean i found a video of someone changing steam os steam machine with windows then booting up?

Jesus, is that clear enough now?

It was perfectly clear from the beginning, you didn't need to yell at me. Jeez.

I found the solution though, buy the steam machine, swap steamos for win10 and then drink a gallon of bleach

>i'm looking to buy an alienware
NO.

i would love to get people like you wrapped around my cock

Sorry user, but you like windows and I only sit on Apple cock

It's a piece of shit. Steam controller works like ass and windows is a bitch on a TV. I originally bought one when it was on sale to play some pirated PC games and do some emulation and it just wasn't worth the hassle for me.

Just build your own machine with the components and OS' you like.

It's a bunch of screws and plugs, you can handle that much.

I like Alienware!

currently live in a small apartment. It appeals to me because i can use as a console for now then as a pc when i move somewhere with more space

>Alienware
Kek

please user

Why do you need this "console mode", any desktop computer does anything a console can do without whayever bullshit youre talking about

>console mode
you mean big picture mode? that's part of the steam client not the operating system

Only idiots don't like Alienware
Source: have 2 Alienware systems.

>recommending a deprecated OS