Other urls found in this thread:

viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/nano-x2-e-series/
github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec/tree/linux-4.9.x-unofficial_grsec
github.com/thestinger/linux-hardened
grsecurity.net/compare.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I make MPC save subtitles to screenshots (alt+I or F5)? Vanilla doesn't work, madVR + xySubFilter also doesn't work. (on default settings)
What do I change to make it work.

I'm starting a managed services company. What services can I resell (think AV, Backup, Remote Monitoring and Patch Management)? Should I bother whitelabeling?

got old Fujitsu amilo with win xp and sticker - vista ready.

Put SSD in it
its recognized in bios
installation of windows starts
but when choosing where to install and how to partition
it only creates single partition and message that google might put in english as:

>"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I checked bios
not much I can set, I disabled AHCI, re-enabled
ntohing

my college offers a course called "unix tools", basic description is:

>Examines UNIX as an operating system and covers the sophisticated UNIX programming tools available to users and programmers. Shell and Perl scripting are studied in detail. Other topics include networking, system administration, security, and UNIX internals.

i'm interested in unix and don't have much experience with it, but is it worth taking a 4 credit course for this or would I be better off teaching myself?

If you got this far without knowing how linux works then you most likely aren't actually interested in learning it. That means that you should take the course as you otherwise wouldn't stick with it.

I'm trying KeePassX's auto-type and it fails to work reliably, often missing a character or some other nonsense. The solutions to wrong characters is to fix keyboard settings, but I haven't found anything on basic alphanumeric typos

>but is it worth taking a 4 credit course for this or would I be better off teaching myself?
I curious in what sense the word "worth" is used here

I assume students in the US need X credits to pass semester
so is the class worth it in what sense?
that you could spend those credits on some other subjects, more useful/interesting?
or hwat?

anyway, unless you want to go heavily in to networking I would not bother

If I wanted to just bullshit around with Linux, what would be the most normie friendly?
(I have a super basic knowledge of Linux)

The PC would be a super old Celeron D tower I found in my basement.

Any university fags seen any courses related to computer network engineering? I'm starting this September and have attended one open day, never met anybody else taking my course or any lecturers.
Please tell me my classmates won't be autistic.

>Celeron D
:(
dont even bother, but lubuntu is light weight

/r/networking
/r/pfsense

Anybody? I suspect it's either easy or impossible.

worth it as in it would be practical and would teach things i would likely use as a software engineer. i.e. not just "self-enrichment", amd also something that benefits from having a traditional class environment (for example, basic programming classes are a waste of time since you can get the same result in less time on your own without shelling out money). i don't see myself doing anything networking-related, so maybe i'd be better off taking something else.

I'm interested in the subject, I'm just worried I'll turn up and be one of three people and the only one who doesn't wear a fedora.

you could get a raspberry pi. They're really darn cheap and it'd be a standalone linux computer.

Plex is completely skipping over season 1 of this tv show,it finds 2 and 3 fine,but skips 1.1 is named the same way as 2 and 3,and it is not bunching it together with season 2 or 3.
It dosent list it in the index at all.
Is this a scanner issue?

How can I improve my typing skills? I currently type like those female typist in the movies where they type with just their index finger on typewriters. I can type decently fast though often times I make typing errors such as accidentally hitting the wrong key. I would like to move on to using my entire hand to try and efficiently type.
Also is Typing of the Dead a good exercise for this/typing in general?

Thinking about daul booting linux on my laptop, what's the best linux distro?
What's the worstbthat can happen?
I dont want to lose 400GBs of pirated games.

Is Panasonic tx-40dsu501 a good tv?

so is it wise to buy a mobo with all usb 3.0 sockets or do i need 2.0 too?

so where is the difference between these w-lan cards. can you really ever reach 2167 mb/s download speed?

also question two, do you ever need USB 2.0 sockets or can i mindlessly buy a mobo with all 3.0 and higher?

3.0 is backwards compatible. Stay healthy and thanks for posting in the right thread

The slowest is good - the other two are overkill

2 can go into 3 at 2 speeds
3 can go into 2 and 2 speeds
hope this helps nigger

viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/nano-x2-e-series/
Is it good?

Is there a good replacement for the Xmarks add-on on Chrome? It's stopped working for me.

I want to sell my body for money, but I don't know a reasonable price for it.

I'm blue-eyed, pale and chubby (plump hips and thighs).

it depends. You will get max 60-70% of speeds stated if router supports same data rates and same wireless chain count. btw first one is 802.11ac 2 chains 2nd one is 802.11ac 3 chains 3rd one is wave 2 unit 4x4. 2nd one is the best option. wave 2 cards is still unsupported or supported poorly by routers and software.

>Chrome

use another browser

k thx.

Craigslist
start at 20 bucks and go up until business slows

ever since you showed (...reminded...) me that division can be spread among all the numerators with some kind of property, I've been writing better code :)

I started turning a lot of conditionals into shorter expressions that use || and && for their short-circuiting properties

since ruby allows 'and' 'not' and 'or' in place of their traditional operators, it makes for some snazzy looking code

It runs Windows XP just fine actually.
Ya it's slow but it works.
>you could get a raspberry pi
My brother stole the pi I had for some badge scanning device.

Forgot to mention that I'm short (167 cm).
20 bucks is cheap af for me.

it's rare but sometimes there are compatibility issues with usb 2.0 plugged into 3.0. i had a mouse that only worked on my 2.0 ports, for example.

What are the real benefits of updating Android phones?
Besides getting rid of the notification.

Security patches.

like opera

Anyone know how to use electrum?

I'm trying to set my fee to 0.003 mBTC (300 satoshi) but I keep getting rejected for this
>mempool min fee not met

What am I doing wrong?

What tools should I use to diagnose shitty internet on a windows box? I'm randomly getting timed out during regular internet browsing and getting disconnected from online games. When I use tracert to check latency to different websites, I'm getting huge response times at pretty much every hop. It could just be comcast shitting things up again, but the problem is spotty enough I don't know where to start looking. Should the monitoring tools built into windows be enough?

If you are worried about cocking up the system, put Linux in a VM instead of dual booting.

>What am I doing wrong?
Using fake currency

>nocoiner

I managed to resolve that, but I can only take screenshot with subs when I'm in fullscreen mode. What gives?

How does it feel that within 1 month you will lose over 10000% the value of your coins?

lmao, it'll be 3.5k by next month

Nah.You fags always say that.Check the history on the price.Its done this before,and it ALWAYS goes down significantly.

which should I use? github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec/tree/linux-4.9.x-unofficial_grsec

or

github.com/thestinger/linux-hardened

i want to download my gmail to my computer, purge my gmail account of that mail, and sync the mail i have downloaded with my other devices. what's the best way to accomplish this?

i was thinking about using gmvault, but i think google might also have a backup utility. should i just use pop3 on one machine to clear and download it in one go? how would i share that mail with my other devices? if i had a mail server, i might would just forward it, but not sure if i want another address stored in gmail.

Could Jedi use the force to turn screws without a screwdriver? Or were they only capable of more course manipulation?

If coding is so hard, how come women are doing it?

typing of the dead won't help your form unless you make a conscious effort to not peck at the keys, but it'll probably have you typing words or phrases that you don't normally type, especially if you install other word packs. if you can maintain good form while doing that, then it might help out. fun regardless.

Neither.
use apparmor

App amor is the weakest MAC and isn't even comparable to grsec+PaX.

Only stupid people think programming is hard. Most people are stupid though. This creates a situation where stupid people think they are too stupid to program so they don't when all along they could. Some stupid people become convinced they are smart and try to program. They succeed because it's actually very simple, further reinforcing the myth of their intelligence. They then claim "coding is hard" and that they can do it because they are smart in order to appear smarter than the other stupid people they associate with.

>weakest
Then you arent setting it right

I have the option to straight trade my Mobo and processor(7700k and gigabyte gaming 5 z170 matx board) for a 1700x and a MSI mortar mATX board.... after literally hours of googling I can't decide there's so many benchmarks that go both ways. as a side note I lost the silicon lottery and my chip can only do 4.8 at fucking 1.4 volts for fucks sake.

I'm searching for an email service, what is a good alternative to gmail ?
I don't care about privacy, my concern is security and longevity. A company that won't pull a yahoo on me.

>dont care about privacy
>won't pull a yahoo on me.
gmail

Microsoft

what means "to rice something"?

You might need drivers for it or something. Back in the day, you needed to install drivers for SATA drives with a floppy before Windows XP would be able to do anything useful with it during installation.

grsecurity.net/compare.php
Also apparmor uses file path's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

There is a difference between selling user data and server breaches.
I need something that is just an email service without other bullshit attached to it, like skype office xbox..etc.

Buy the patches then,they're only like $200.

Goal post moved.

are you installing XP?
you might need to get the "F6" driver for your sata controller

In context of computers it means fancy themes, fonts, icons, etc.

If you're a man then you're better off starting low. Woman could start around 250

How do i format a photo to make it 20x30?

imagemagick convert

I don't think there's much demand for chubby guys. You could maybe go to an airport or tram-connected mall and try to flirt with asian businessmen?

Forget about this and git gud.

>got a database assignment due
>got distracted by programming stuff on google
>lost 2hours
Any tips from other ADHD programmers?

are you a trap?

What I'm doing, seems to work well enough.

>muh bitcoin
It's the same fiat based shit that you guys run from. It's totally speculative right now, nobody buys bitcoin to buy groceries or a car, everyone is investing.

It's like a slang for customize.

No, but I can dress as a girl if requested.

The fuck is the point of the google sync shit?
I had the on to sync all my bullshit and just got a new phone, signed in and its not syncing anything? Does this not work as a backup or at least very least a database of my apps?

So I'm trying to use Nvidia profile inspector to enhance Splinter Cell 1, but i'm not getting anything from it I think, certainly no Anti Aliasing. I followed the instructions of pc gaming wiki pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell which says to leave Aliasing behavior flags to none, setting mode to override, and no matter what kind of AA I don't get it. I also read around to set the AA compatibility to 0x0000040, both ways I'm not getting shit. Also I tried to enhance it before via Nvidia control panel and no dice. What am I getting wrong here?

Dont use that peice of shit,just do it your self retard

I've come across some CCTV security cameras (they were free from work) but the infrared lighting ('nightvision') is toast in them.

Do they make any kind of infrared lights bulbs I can put outside so these cameras will see at night? The ones I have seen are the kind that give off heat, used for incubators and bathrooms.

they use IR LED's, like tv remotes use
you've been looking at heat lamps

what do it myself? Spliner Cell 1's options are like Low/Med/High/Very High and I don't think I can use supersampling via editting ini files and shit.

is there any program for linux that can me show ALL the possible connections from my pc to the internet?

netstat -a

How good is the CRYORIG H7? Is a Noctua cooler worth the extra money?

Looking for people that have lived with both for some time, otherwise I'd just go read reviews. Preferably looking for someone who has OCd with both, even better if you've done so with Ryzen.

What was the css for removing this stupid recommendations shit that appears when embedded youtube video gets paused.
I used to have it in Stylish, but I changed the youtube css lately and forgot to save that part.

What should the minimum clearance be for an exhaust fan be in a case?

I just installed one and it has maybe...5mm clearnace and I am not sure if tis enough

with a GUI....

Whats the current flavor of the month video player? Been using mpc-hc, is there anything better?

From the CPU cooler? Or from the side of the case? From the case it doesn't matter, and it really doesn't matter much from the cooler either. I have a Phanteks PH-TC14PE in an EVOLV ITX, the exhaust fan is practically touching the cooler and shit stays cool and quiet no matter what. Now, that Tri-X R9 290 is another story...

jesus fucking christ

why can't I just do something like var content = file.json in javascript? why do I have to do some fucking weird shit to load a json file in the same directory into a variable?

Yeah from the cooler. There's about a 5mm gap (at most)

Pic related.

What do you do with your machine? If it's something that takes advantage of moar cores well, it's a no brainer to go 1700. If regular gayming, I'd stick with 7700K, not worth the bother.

I'm mining altcoins with my CPU and GPU and their temps are fine but my mobo is showing 82 degrees for one of its temps. What is that? Is it bad?

Probably CPU voltage regulator circuitry. If so, 82 degrees is fine. If you look with Asus' monitoring software it should give more meaningful names to the sensors.

seriously what the FUCK

isn't this a super common fucking thing to want to do? why are people talking about needing extra libraries or using an xml http request? are you shitting me