I did it

I figured out what we should call pic related: the United Colonies.
Pros:
We will no longer confuse United States for the United Mexican States
United states has always been a bad name because it is too general whereas the United Colonies is slightly better because while a lot of 'states' have state as a part of their names no states (to my knowledge) have 'colonies' in their name.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10440147
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>United Mexican States
No such thing

Cringe

Just awful

Also, the U.C does not flow off he tongue nearly as easily as the U.S

Welcome aboard

Canaduck you arent welcomed here

yeh it does, UC you see.

>60571359

You arent welcomed here either, Bongo

Go sort out ur shit with Ireland

But the states aren't colonies, they're provinces.

We should be called the Union of North American Commonwealths.

We should be called the United Commonwealths of America :^)

Wait, I thought of a bettet one.

The North American Trans-Continental Federation.

That seems to fit the bill.

>United States of Mexico
>United Provinces of Canada
>United States of America

Nothing wrong with this

What a cancerous trend

No

>United states of America

We called it first, so we get it.

I've got a better idea.

"colonies" acknowledges dominion you mongoloid cuck

Call us Columbia. Britbongs can be happy and we'll be different.

ITT: United colonians in denial

how about the united states of america?
only spics get butthurt by that. are you a spic? then shut your mouth.

You weren't even a country until the 1870s, take your lack of national history elsewhere

United-colonian have to resort to historical untruths to banter a superior German citizen

We're discussing sovereign nations here, not culture. Official Deutschland was started in the 1870s we all know this. Confederation and Germanic Tribes dont even count

>forcing a meme

Also call us United-Statesmen

no you spastic youre an american.

>United Statesman
You gonna call UAE Citizens
>United Arab Emiratemans?
Thats cancerous, and you should feel bad

Statesmen is a real word tho

So is Kerfuffle.

Doesn't stop it from sounding retarded from an Official/Formal standpoint

Unitedstations

yes, it refers to a member of government
e.g. winston churchull is considered a great english statesman.

fuck off spic

Don't be jealous you didn't think of it first, my fellow United-Statesmen

Just call them fat americans, people will know you're not talking about the rest of the America neither Canada.

We arent members of Government, dont bastardize the English language. Its American and thats final, if you have a problem, please go assault the White House

>says the Monkey

Nobody hears "American" and thinks Canada unless your an arrogant moron. Nobody hears "American" and thinks anything other than the United States

But Mexicans are fatter than us.

spics do because theyre brain dead
also this

The plural for all areas is

"Americas"

strawpoll.me/10440147

>We will no longer confuse United States for the United Mexican States
This never happens

>unitedstations
what like train stations?

>unless your an arrogant moron
>you're
Says the one who is arrogant AF about this terminology.

America is a continent. Therefore, calling someone american implies that this person is coming from america.
Calling someone United statian on the other hand implies that the person is coming from the US of A. It's as simple as that...

Just call him a Bongo and move along

Too bad nobody calls it that. If you have a problem, consult the United Nations and the White House.

>Nobody calls it that because it sounds stupid
Thats like calling you a German-Lander instead of German.

Lets just rename the country Columbia

the federal government must be purged.

All federal agents must be targeted and removed from power.

This Zionist Regime Must Fall

Let my people go....... juden

Dont you have some European power to get steam rolled by?

>Again?

"America" is NOT a Continent.

North America
South America
Nobody is an "American" unless your from the USA, your a "North American" or by country.

It was originally called "the United States of North America", which is a lot more specific and sounds much better imo.

The states were still mostly autonomous when the US was founded, so the idea of a unifying national demonym wasn't considered to be that important. Imagine if people insisted on calling things from the EU "EuropaUnionian" instead of "European".

fuck you

cock

sucker

DEATH TO AMERICA!

Thanks for buying American Military Hardware, Polbro

It depends on what country you're in. People in Hispanic countries consider North and South America to be just one continent, while everyone else thinks of them as two separate continents.

Majority wins.
Central Americans dont matter senpai

United non-whites above Mexico.

>Swamp

Some of our early national treaties (like Adams-Onis and the Louisiana Purchase) actually say "United States of North America" instead of "United States of America". It could have easily caught on.

>says the county whos people dont even share the same name as their Country

In Nederland live Nederlanders.

In your language maybe

But on English, the language at hand,its Dutch from Netherlands. Why you do this.

>being mean to the based Dutch

>Thats like calling you a German-Lander instead of German.
Well, it sounds stupid calling you United statian, because your """country""" doesn't have a name. It is nameless....

Calling a country "United States of [continent]" is not valid, it is not a proper name for a country. It's a valid name for a collection of countries, but not for a single one.

Compare this with Germany: we are not called "United States of central europe". We have our own name, Deutschland. That's why calling someone Deutschländer doesn't sound silly.

it is, please stop denying this

The EU is not a country...

There is no nation on this board that is "nice"

except Finland. Once you learn that the quicker you'll pick up on this salt, rivaled only by Croatia.

Let's just make Murrica the official name. It fits.

Its nameless because its literally a unity of states. Call it the UNITED STATES of America.

>please stop denying this

The most commonly accepted theory is that there is seven continents. North America and South America are the only "Americas" around here.

It's not a theory you stupid fuck. We know where the goddamn plates are.

>Calling a country "United States of [continent]" is not valid, it is not a proper name for a country. It's a valid name for a collection of countries, but not for a single one.

Exactly. When the US was first founded, it was not a single country. It was a confederation of states that believed themselves to be independent. At the beginning, the concept was fairly similar to the European Union.

The Plates do not align properly with the "Seven continents".. If we dedicated a plate for each continent, we'd have a bit of a mix up wouldnt we. The "North American Plate" features parts of Russia.

It's still not a "theory"

>The EU is not a country...

And neither was the US when it was first founded. It was a loose confederation. Individual states had their own laws, their own taxes, their own armed forces, even their own currency. In many ways, the modern European Union is more of a country than the United States was from 1776-1788.

Not a theory in a practical sense but its mostly a geopolitical thing to have seven continents.

By culture, you have "many"
By plates , you have a cluster fuck that is not helpful politically speaking.

Europe isn't even a continent if you use tectonic plates.

The african plate goes up north up until the alps... That's why the alps exist, because the plates are colliding there, pushing everything up...

Then why is it still called the "United states of [continent]" instead of having its own name if it's a single country now? Explain that, Mr. United Statian...

Why change the name if its been that way for years?... Why change countless instances of "United States of America" on monuments, founding documents, etc etc? Its pointless.

Countries do not need names, just a title for international recognition. Maybe after the next major war America will Balkanize. Truth be told if you remove the "United States" feature, you completely undermine the 50 semi- sovereign bodies contained within it.

Public Outcry/10

>being this upset that something does not follow the European model of 'nation'

>Then why is it still called the "United states of [continent]" instead of having its own name if it's a single country now?

Because there was no real formal transition from confederation to nation. Even under the Constitution (1788), the states were so autonomous that you could reasonably claim that they were their own independent entities, part of of a free association. The US wasn't a single country until after the Civil War (although I guess you could argue it was after the Mexican-American War, either way we're talking mid-19th century). And the idea that the states are sovereign entities persisted way beyond that point.

So you rather live with a lie than correcting mistakes of the past... OK

>being this upset being called United Statian

More like renaming it to China's Little Bitch (CLB for short)

Angry-Poland please leave. I'm sorry you got kicked off your farm to make way for US-led NATO exercises but there is no need to post a picture of a country that poisons its own citizens with pollution. Please leave.

United Statian is not a word. Maybe it is with your backwards tribal garble but that does not sound right to regular people,and never will internationally.

It's not "living a lie" or "correcting a mistake", it's just the name of our country. What is the benefit of changing it?

"United Statian" does sound like something you're saying just to piss us off tbf. Don't most Germans say "US-American"?

Just call it Casidonia

Columbia*

>Murrikaner

Do you guys really say "Murrikaner"? I didn't know the " 'Murica" meme was that popular in Germany.

In the China,we believe that American is Anglo

The noble Anglo English gentle man settle the North America,subdue the angry brown Indian savage. For, the Englishman Anglo make America what is it today. Bring Chinese to build railroad,provide us with good pay.

So, we Chinese prefer it if America called The United States of Angloman. Or United Ex Colony of English.

Xie xie

How's that little gook yellow dick in your ass feel?

getting the hang of it now yankee doodle bitch?

No, I was joking... In reality we say "Vereinigte(r) Staatler"

China is American Slave Labor
Just like Poland is European Slave Labor and NATO breeding ground.

So we're all agreed on the United Statesmen thing, right?

>The african plate goes up north up until the alps...
Checkmate, Italians.

Is a true fact, wikipedia that.

Because fuck you, we're more important than the rest of the two continents combined.

Also we're the only country that actually has "America" in the name.

Not that fag, but this really just reinforces the point though. Nobody calls you the fucking United Mexican States, they call you Mexico. Just like we're America. Sometimes a meme gets old enough that it becomes reality.

If were going to abandom "American" to be more inclusive of Non-US countries in the Western hemisphere, I prefer "Usonian."

I also think the "British" should change their name, because it excludes Irish living in Ireland (part of the British Isles). Something like: United Kingdomian, Queensman/Queenswoman/Queensqueer, or WENIS (Wales, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland).

I like the idea

It's kinda funny, makes us sound like an entire country of diplomats.

By that logic, South Africans should change their name, since they are not the only country in the Southern quartile of Africa.

>excludes Irish living in Ireland (part of the British Isles

You just triggered 4 million potatoe niggers