Intel's going to use toothpaste in coffee lake...

Intel's going to use toothpaste in coffee lake. You'll have to risk cracking your die delidding the thing to get acceptable thermals.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Liquid-Ultra-2nd-Gen-Metal-Liquid-Pro-Thermal-Paste-Compound-Coollaboratory-/171224699538?hash=item27ddc99292:g:FlIAAOxy4dNS37y-
umart.com.au/newsite/goods.php?id=34654
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I forget, did pre refresh haswell benefit from delidding? 4670k in my case. I'd consider trying if I can just set an forget it, i.e. not having to reapply paste every year or so.

Now now, we don't know for sure if Intel is going to use toothpaste this ti-AHAHAHAHAHA

I delidded my 3570k. Cleaned it up really good and used Artic mx-4. Saw about a 15 degree improvement.

however, I have a shit asrock board with no vrm cooling, so I can't oc it as much as I wanted to anyway. I currently have it at 4.3Ghz. Plan on getting a 1600.

Whom are you trying to trick? Is called coffee lake for a reason, I'm sure they will use some coffee bean based paste.

I like the full second of twitching where she tries to think of a way to get the glob sliding off the side before just giving up.

You'll get better thermals with conductonaut over solder.

Told you we were in for trouble after Intel bought Colgate.

That's pretty good. How often do you reapply mx4 or have you not?

Why is she spreading it around at all?

No shit. That's gonna keep happening until they stop making tiny processors.

Is this the new meme?

I haven't. I only did it about maybe a month or 2 ago.

I've got a 3570K as well and delidded recently. I saw up to 25c improvements when under load. Pretty stoked. I'm getting a 7700K soon, but since it'll be brand new, I dunno if I want to delid it straight away.

How recently? I noticed a few days after I did mine, temps started to slowly go up a bit. When I first did it and did a prime95 test, I had a 23 degree improvement. Tried looking up shit on it and from what I gathered the paste sets over time and you lose a bit of the headroom gained

Also, I wouldn't delid Skylake/Kabylake. They OC with decent temps well enough. I only delidded my 3570k because Ivy Bridge is known for having shit paste on the IHS and I am planning on upgrading anyway, so its not a huge loss if I damaged the CPU

Like...two weeks ago? A week and a half? I used this as my replacement thermal compound: ebay.com.au/itm/Liquid-Ultra-2nd-Gen-Metal-Liquid-Pro-Thermal-Paste-Compound-Coollaboratory-/171224699538?hash=item27ddc99292:g:FlIAAOxy4dNS37y-

I only delidded my 3570K because I planned to get the new one, so if i carved a huge scratch into the die of the 3570, no big deal. I've heard that the 7700K uses the same thermal compound though, and as such, is subject to the same heat-related issues.

>Liquid Metal
Thats why you have better temps than me

>I've heard that the 7700K uses the same thermal compound though
From what I understand, they switched the shit they use when Haswell Refresh/Devil's Canyon came out bc the 4670k/4770k's temps were absolute garbage.

So the 7700K SHOULD be alright then? I'll also be grabbing an AIO watercooler for it, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Yeah it should be fine. Ppl consistently are able to hit ~5Ghz on that CPU, whatever you do though, DON'T get a single fan rad. I have a Corsair H55 and its literally worse than the CM evo 212 for twice as much. Its also loud af. If you're gonna do an AIO, don't cheap out.

Alright, cheers. I don't plan to fuck with the voltage too much, as my 3570K tops out at about 4.1-4.2 stable on air with a Hyper 212 EVO, and even after reading as much as I could and messing with the volts as safely as I felt possible, it still wouldn't handle 4.3 or above.

How's something like this look: umart.com.au/newsite/goods.php?id=34654

Yeah, that'll be pretty good. Unless you are wanting to go for a really silent build, it might be overkill if you aren't wanting to fuck with the voltage a whole lot. Idk what the average vcore is for a 5Ghz OC on the 7700k, but I'd imagine it'd be something around 1.35v+

Even if you don't mess with voltage too much right out the gate, its always something you could do down the line too, so I'd keep that in mind as well

I don't care about sound. It's pretty quiet at the moment, and I wear headphones almost all the time anyway.

Gets your teeth itanium white!

The problem is not the paste, but the glue that holds the IHS, faggot
Also, that's why I bought a 6700K instead of a 7700K even tho I have a Z270 board

what the fuck is up with the shilling for this as of late?

I didn't expect to laugh, but somehow this gets me every time

Why don't they just use JB weld? It's made in the USA.

Jews are going to be Jews again?
WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT

delidded my 4670k less than a week ago, definite improvement of at least 10C under load even with a shitty heatsink which allowed to get to 4.5ghz with rock solid stability at 1.3V non avx / 1.34V under avx