Is London the "de facto" capital of Europe?

Is London the "de facto" capital of Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...for muslims

no

Brussels is.

Name one city in Europe that's more relevant on the global stage.

What the heck do you mean

Brussels.

Berlin and soon Frankfurt(after brexit)

In terms of NYC being the de facto capital of USA..? Yes, probably. Seems to have replaced Paris in most cultural respects and is "the place" to migrate to for young Europeans to make it.

Btw it's fucking comfy that there is a direct link between Paris and London in 2 hours by train. It's not even that expensive. 2 best cities in Europe by miles.

Brussel, Berlijn

london>brussels>paris>geneva>moscow>the rest

The real power is in Frankfurt (ECB) and Berlin (Merkel).

Prove me wrong.

Brussels is literally irrelevant on the world stage as a city. And Berlin is a massive drain on the German economy because most of it is a shithole. Nothing like London

Paris, Lyon, Milan, Rome, Berlin.

Saw in today's Financial Times:

>"the place" to migrate to for young Europeans to make it.
hilarious if brits actually think this

Deluded. Brussels is a shit city that just happens to host the EU, and Berlin is for lefty artists fags who can't afford to live in London.

pffffffft

I always thought of Paris, Brussels, or Berlin as the "de facto" capital of Europe. London is much more important than those cities (and any city in the world other than New York), but it's more of it's own thing than a center/symbol of Europe.

I'm getting a load of wrong answers here but fucking Lyon takes the cake.

Fucking Lyon holy christ I can't believe you'd type that

It's true though.

>Bethesda

Probably some fucker who works for Lockheed

>Brussels is a shit city that just happens to host the EU

I know, but exactly because it hosts the EU it is so relevant on the global stage

Economically sure, culturally no.

>ITT:Brits actually defend their capital taken over by muslims
Churchill must be rolling in his grave

I nominate Berlin

No, it's Paris, Prague, Rome or a combination of all three

This

prague is in eastern europe. surely you jest

>Lyon

>Berlin
When will non germans understand that its a meme town?

If you've ever been to Prague you'd know it is a fantastic combination of western, central and eastern Europe in one place

Its Central.

Is vienna eastern?

Because Prague is more western located than it.

How can London be capital of anything? It's shithole full of niggers with one at the head of it.

You really think the trends of today aren't defined in London, but rather in Rome, Frankfurt or Paris?

London's media industry (including books) is BTFO'ing the rest of Europe combined.

It's pretty comfy and cheap, though.

Washington is a shit city that just happens to host Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court.

I've been to Berlin and it's rammed with insufferable "arty" types and foreigners no wonder it's a shithole

The difference is that there's real power in Washington, whereas the sick fucks of Brussels (where not all EU institutions are btw) don't really decide stuff.

The big governments (at least UK, France and Germany) do whatever they want in Europe, and the EU must comply.

Exactly. Which is why I took OPs question to mean: Brussels is literally the capital of Europe. Apart from that it's somewhere to change buses or trains. Nothing more.

Turks, English gap years, hipsters and "artists" of various nationalities, awful city

t. brit on vacation

>London is the 6th largest French city

>lefty artists fags who can't afford to live in London.
Why would you ever want to live in London? It's a bleak shithole where everyone has a stick up his ass. At least New York is a serious cultural powerhouse.

'no'

Take the best-selling books of all time: a lot of them were originally published in London, and 0 in Paris.

For the music industry, well, do you want me to compare John Lennon and Johnny Hallyday?

Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Well, that's just because English is the lingua franca.

>Lyon

Yeah it's very relevant, in France

That's because English has been the global language since the turn of the century, and most of the best-selling books were published after that time.

t. has never lived in London

I mean maybe you visited once and stayed in the West End or something. I know everybody likes to shit on capitals on Sup Forums, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else 2bh.

Erratum, there's one French book among the best-selling ever (Le Petit Prince).

Compare to the huge numbers of British works:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

I have family who live there and often stay with them, m8 it's a pretty damn bleak place, not quite manchester level but still fucking bleak, also the people who go there to "make it" are the worst scum

So that makes London the cultural capital of Europe. Thanks for proving my point. Paris is just an interesting province (not so much these days).

My point btw being, East London is waaaaay more relevant ""creatively"" than Berlin. Berlin is for the lefty faggots that can't afford to live in East London.

>Lyon

???????

It's gritty that's part of it's charm. I wouldn't describe it as bleak though. Although that really depends on where they are. Let me guess: somewhere out West or South of the river?

>if your not rich you dont deserve to be an artist, and your not relevant btw lol

Stop.

City centre, whatever side of the river that is I actually couldn't tell you

Toronto

DESU, you can't be a proper artist unless you're poor.

It's the strongest city, so yes.

There's an art of poverty and an art of richness.

Rimbaud would always have been poor, and Hugo would always have been rich, in any era or any country.

People saying berlin need to its not even the best in Germany.

London then Paris and those two are in a league above the rest

>People saying berlin need to its not even the best in Germany.
What's better? Hamburg is nice, but it's a bit too clean. Munich is way too conservative. Dresden is kinda nice, but certainly not Berlin tier.