NordVPN

Why is everyone shitting on NordVPN?

They seem to win the privacy-contest.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
ivpn.net/blog/vpn-privacy-policies-decoded-hide-my-ass
theregister.co.uk/2011/09/26/hidemyass_lulzsec_controversy/
wipeyourdata.com/other-data-erasing/no-logs-earthvpn-user-arrested-after-police-finds-logs/
helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/219457547-Do-you-log-the-traffic-of-your-users-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can we please start bannig VPN shills?

VPN shill please go away. No one will pay you $80 a year for a jail ticket. Also nice PC magazine awards on your page, almost screams "FREE JAIL JUST PAY US $80"

U wot? I just bought a 2 year subscription to their shit, thinking it was good since it was nearly all green on that VPN site.
I'm still able to get a refund, please redpill me.

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

This is retarded

Why?

Just use Tor, shithead. Stop using services that literally sell you.

I think the problem with most VPN providers is that how can you be sure they won't give your information away?

They have 0 reasons not to give info away.

$

How does not giving info away accrue money?

Tor is compromized faggot

>compromized
Tor is what?

No, it is not "compromised". Stop spreading lies.

This is dumb.
>The VPN providers are keeping logs and giving away your data to lawyers even if they say they aren't!!
It's like this moron doesn't understand what a track record is. I'll take my chances with PIA, as they haven't been reported to give away any logs, over my ISP who will always ALWAYS give away whatever ANYONE asks for.

>t. VPN shill discarding the rest of the info

What info? Link to a single case of someone getting rekt, besides HideMyAss, because a VPN provider said they wouldn't keep logs, but did anyway.

Are you retarded? How can a public company with awards be a good VPN? All VPNs are honeypots that have L2 logging in datacenters. NEVER EVER BUY A VPN, IF IT HAS ANY SORT OF JEWING TEXT, RUN AWAY FROM IT AS FAR AS U CAN.
This is legit. As someone who has multiple friends that all got raided and all those NO LOG VPNS provided logs to save their asses. The only way to be anonymous is to buy a server in russia for 500$ a month and set up your own VPN, buy multiple VPNs.

>VPN shill can't use Sup Forums properly
It's comical.

I'm not a pedophile

>in russia
Yeah, no.

>multiple friends that got raided
Pics or it didn't happen.

Post#60577429
I did that intentionally. You don't deserve any (You)s for screaming "SHILL!!! SHIIIIIILL!!!1"

>I did that intentionally.
Sure, shill.

You deserve the best goy award.

You want me to disclose my friends just to prove you that a company can get shut down by feds/whatever gov agency if they dont log/provide logs?
How can u be this dumb to believe NordVPN doesnt log, nigger they have awards from newspapers just to get more customers and offer 2 years for $65 or something, just to bait you into their honeypot.

Might as well switch to tunnelbear or hidemyass if u are that retarded. They keep your privacy safe with bears :D

give me one single reason why not

@60577459
>no arguments
>autistic screeching
lol

You made a claim. I expect you to provide evidence for that claim. If you cannot, then your claim is worthless and irrelevant.

They are going to log all of the traffic soon. Do you want your traffic, encrypted or not, to be logged for half a year?

Like your existence.

>friends got raided

For what, faggot. Maybe they shouldn't have been committing crimes.

>>autistic screeching
"BUY PIA LOL INSTEAD OF SETTING YOUR OWN SERVER" is autistic screeching.
Fucking VPN shills.

I mean, I agree about not using public VPN services, yadda yadda but

>buy a server in russia
Is pretty stupid

Russia has insanely strict laws regarding the internet. Your only hope is language barrier, otherwise you're pretty much signing up for being logged and labeled as a criminal.

But VPNs are made for committing crimes, user.

@60577488
You'll notice that I never told anyone to buy PIA. I merely commented on the stupidity of the link you posted. You are one the screeching about shills and PIA instead of having a conversation.

>I'll take my chances with PIA, as they haven't been reported to give away any logs
>I swear I am not a shill!
Yeah, whatever you say, shill.

Burger please stop, why else would you use a VPN? To check your gmail account with chrome? Or log in to facebook/instagram/yt?

True I think there is a new law from 2017 or so forcing them to log because 90% of that country internet traffic is stolen CCs

Please idiot, everyone knows tunnelbear and cyberghost are best VPNs and do not log!

@60577521
Strange, I don't see "buy PIA" anywhere in that quote.
Yes, I stated my thought process and reasoning. If you have evidence to the contrary I invite you to share it. "SHILL!! SHIIIIIILL!!! SHILL!!!!11" shitposting isn't going to do anything except make you look like a moron.

Here shill, I know it burns ;)

>Strange, I don't see "buy PIA" anywhere in that quote.
Yeah, that's how ads work, they literally scream "buy it" at you. In your world you can't even admit that the phrase "native advertising" even exists. You're not cheating any-fucking-body here, shill.

It double arrow for quoting posts, not dog ear, faggit.

Here is a supplement for you: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How much do they pay you? Whats your conversion ratio? Show us some referral logs to checkout.

Nord is great. Don't listen to the autism. They literally have no alternative ideas

@60577551
@60577555
@60577558
Please stop shitposting and address the argument. I'll accept evidence for any well regarded VPN. Mullvad, Nord, PIA, etc. Just show me one (1) single occurrence of someone getting v& because the provider lied.

>True I think there is a new law from 2017 or so forcing them to log because 90% of that country internet traffic is stolen CCs
There are already laws that have been in effect for years about monitoring internet traffic because of the country-wide blacklist

Plus Russia has retarded definitions of some things. For example, if you're torrenting a video of a 40 years old hag that screams "fuck me daddy" through Russian VPS, you're literally spreading crusty pizza by Russian laws. Not that anyone would actually send KGB after you because of that, but your hosting provider can shut your VPS down at any moment.

"Yeah, just take the gamble, goy, I swear-- I pinky-swear we don't log!"

>Le it's too good to be true :^)

Can we get 3 years jail time discount code please?

If anyone asks, the best we can do is shrug our shoulders

This

You get a (You) for not screaming shill.
You realize the claims you're making are similar to the kind of claims moon landing deniers make, right?
>stupid sheep! we can't even get to the moon now, but you think we could in the 60s?! that's what they want you to believe!
Just give me a single example. If it's so common and obvious this should not be difficult at all.

Sorry shill we dont sell common sense here.

>Just show me one (1) single occurrence of someone getting v& because the provider lied.

earthvpn and hidemyass say hi

What you essentially believe is that VPN providers are ready to take the fall in case some cyberpedoterrorist will post something that authorities will find very interesting using their service.

>@
Do you really type each post number manually or reeplace the arrows with "at" each time?
ivpn.net/blog/vpn-privacy-policies-decoded-hide-my-ass
theregister.co.uk/2011/09/26/hidemyass_lulzsec_controversy/

How is the link stupid?

There literally are 0 reasons for VPN provider not to log you
I don't think anyone is supposed to prove the opposite, I think it's VPN providers who should prove that they don't log, because customers are supposed to trust them with their data

HideMyAss never claimed to not keep logs. Only idiots thought that it did.
>EarthVPN
wipeyourdata.com/other-data-erasing/no-logs-earthvpn-user-arrested-after-police-finds-logs/
>On EarthVPN defence, a representative claimed in the lowendtalk forums that although they do not keep logs, Dutch police had seized one of their servers with a court order and they suspected that the datacenter was keeping IP transfer logs to protect against Distributed Denial Of Service attacks which is how they managed to track down this person.
Well, I don't think this qualifies as the VPN itself keeping logs, but it's good enough. I wonder if the server was able to be seized without notification because of EU laws.
Why would they take the fall? As far as I understand it they can't be v& for someone abusing the service regardless of whether they can provide identifying information. At least under US law.
I replace the meme arrows.

>Why would they take the fall? As far as I understand it they can't be v& for someone abusing the service regardless of whether they can provide identifying information. At least under US law.
Remember Apple dispute?

Also, still 0 reasons not to order a VPS instead of a VPN.
Typical shill.

Apple would have won that case before it even went to appeals though. Even the FBI knew that which is why they bought the 0 day from the Israelis/NSA.
@60577770
A VPS is tied to your name and credit card. If you want to use a VPN to do illegal or questionable things it seems counterproductive to attach things to your real name.

>he can't buy a VPS anonymously using bitcoins
Stupid shill.

I'm looking into PIA's terms of service and can't find anything about "not logging"

They actually promise to take legal action against you if you break any laws or their ToS, and send your info to the authorities "as deemed reasonably necessary"

Stupid fucking shill got blown the fuck out.

tits or gtfo

@60577855
Not sure what the difference between paying for a VPN with Bitcoin and paying for a VPS with Bitcoin is then. Your VPS provider will likely keeps logs ex: Linode.
How exactly are they going to identify "you" if they have no logs of who you are? It's a very popular VPN. If they were going to v& people I think there would be at least one case by now.

>Your VPS provider will likely keeps logs ex: Linode.
That are totally useless because I connect via TOR, lol. Get fucked, shill.

@60577925
So connect to a VPN from Tor? It's literally the same thing.

No, a VPS is cheaper, has more functionality and your IP is not tainted.

>Cheaper
Depends.
>More functionality
But we're talking it about in the case of functioning as a VPN.
>not tainted
Don't really know what you mean. Connecting to a VPS through tor is exactly the same as connecting to a commercial VPN through tor. I'd assume many VPS providers don't even allow you to do that. I know Linode doesn't.

>Depends.
It really does not.

>But we're talking it about in the case of functioning as a VPN.
Yeah, ok, just a little pleasant extra.

>Don't really know what you mean.
Connecting to a resourse using a VPS is much less suspicious than with a VPN.

>I'd assume many VPS providers don't even allow you to do that.
There are ways around that.

Crime or not, there's literally 0 reasons to use a VPN.

what to use then?

>Crime or not, there's literally 0 reasons to use a VPN.

I use it to get around port blocks on my uni network and keep network admins from seeing what pages I visit.

Use a VPS, it's cheaper.

>There are ways around that.
I suppose so. I think it would be easier to simply use a VPN service that explicitly allows Tor instead of trying to get around blocks (and violate the VPS ToS which will get your VPS suspended even if you are not v&)
>Literally 0 reasons
Ease of setup.

>How exactly are they going to identify "you" if they have no logs of who you are?
Well, maybe they actually keep them? Again, there isn't a single reason for them not to keep logs, especially if they're threatening with legal action.

You can obviously go to court and try to get your ten bucks back because they lied about not keeping logs, but only after you finish doing the time.

About v& cases, those may be hard to find, because when cops break into your house, they don't scream "PIA sends their regards", you probably just go to court and then to jail. If v& cases would be easy to find, hidemyass would go out of business.

>easier
>Ease
So it all boils down to this.

VPNs can be a side channel too.

Wait, that's the wrong term. What I meant is that they can help LEs unofficially.

>Maybe they actually keep them
Their entire service model is based on not doing that. There are also no data retention laws in the US, and abiding by DCMA doesn't necessitate keeping logs.
>Threatening with legal action
PIA has explicitly stated they will go to court if the government or any other agency tries to force them into keeping logs or de-anonymizing users. Of course there is no way to prove that they will do this, but they have yet to provide information to any authorities resulting in a v&.
>May be hard to find
Lulzsec and HMA were very public events. PIA would be the same way.

Given the restrictions we've been discussing and the assumption that every provider WILL log (I'm not sure this is true), then yes. The only real differences between setting up your own VPS and using a commercial service are price and ease of use. Whichever is more important to you determines which is the better option.

Finally shill admits that only stupid kids use VPNs.

>PIA has explicitly stated they will go to court if the government or any other agency tries to force them into keeping logs or de-anonymizing users.
PIA explicitly stated that they'll send your data to the authorities in their ToS. You're literally signing up (by using their service and agreeing with their ToS) for deanonmization in case if you'll break the law OR their ToS.

helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/219457547-Do-you-log-the-traffic-of-your-users-

How could they possibly give up information they don't have? This is exactly like the Apple case someone mentioned earlier. They have obligation to retain data, and failure to posses that data is not a crime. That line is essentially saying
>Yeah we'd give up user information stored in logs... if we kept them!
It's your choice to believe or disbelieve their claims, but until you can produce an example of them relinquishing logs resulting in a v& those claims are pure speculation.

>How could they possibly give up information they don't have?
lol

I've been using nordvpn for three years now, no complaints so far. Of course their vpn speeds could be faster I guess but they've worked quite alright for my use.

*they have no obligation to retain data

Is there any known case except hidemyass where the user was traced back though the vpn that resulted in a lawsuit?

Someone should try posting llegal content all over the place to make sure if PIA keeps logs. If it does your account won't be even terminated.

Does this count as asking for CP?

>Someone posts illegal content
Everyone already does
If you use a VPN you can see on sites like iknowhatyoudownload what other users downloaded through the IP of the server you use

No, since Sup Forums probably won't let you post here using a VPN. Also, there are a lot more illegal things than CP and PIA warns about local laws too (i.e. where user resides).

Torrenting being illegal in general is quite shaky.

>VPN
Why? What is the point?
I would understand if you had your own server and used an ssh tunnel to redirect your connections but why would you rent a random VPN?

You can use a VPN to hide ur ip when gaming or some shit to avoid getting ddos'd or hide ur stuff from ur isp

KYS.

Torrenting itself isn't illegal obviously

I just wanted to say that everyone is torrenting illegal stuff on VPNs and there are few to no cases where they got caught through the VPN

Pic related is one of the AirVPN servers I use

This

Please stop bullshitting. Why would you trust a trashware that uses 80-bit truncated SHA-1s as addresses of 1024 bit RSA and 1024 bit DH?
These are known to be broken.

I2P

Do you even know how internet works?

>There are roughly two usecases where you might want to use a VPN:

>You are on a known-hostile network (eg. a public airport WiFi access point, or an ISP that is known to use MITM), and you want to work around that.

>However, in practice, just don't use a VPN provider at all, even for these cases.

They don't provide a solution for safe use of public WiFi, they just tell you to not use a VPN? Thanks github guy

>I just wanted to say that everyone is torrenting illegal stuff on VPNs and there are few to no cases where they got caught through the VPN
Because pursuit of the downloader ends on the VPN stage, duh.

Except they do provide a solution, idiot.