TESLA IS DOOMED

They aren't profitable and everyone else is making electric cars and outselling them.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/192179727
youtube.com/watch?v=uYav3_7miIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Electric cars suck. More at 11.

Tesla is a welfare queen. As long as there is welfare, Tesla will survive on the dole.

To be fair the government subsides aren't for Tesla specifically they're for any manufacturer making electric vehicles. If you want to blame anybody it would be the government.

Good - That's really the whole point of Tesla, to make electric cars the norm.

Ok Apple apologist.

But all his businesses use subsidies and grants heavily

Batteries suck, not the cars. Electric cars already outshine most combustion cars even though they had so many more years and money spent on engineering.

this desu, their purpose isn't to sell cars or batteries

it's to milk government grants

oh sorry I forgot that Tesla's cars are just fucking smartphones with wheels, so Sup Forums is the right place.

Tesla is not doomed. They're selling Tesla model S's at a 40 to 100% profit margin depending on options, the only reason why they are "not profitable" is because they are reinvesting their profits into R&D and building new factories.

This
They just build the world largest battery factory, in a time where the demand is rising rapidly. They are fine.

This isn't reddit. We don't blindly love Steve Jobs 2.0.

>there are people in this thread that love the cuckold

I'm autistic and hate driving so I'm betting all my life savings on a Model 3 when it comes out so the self-driving capability will allow me to actually have a career and travel rather than be dependent on people to drive me to work.

I wouldn't bet on Tesla to be the first to get to full autonomous driving. If you look at people using the thing on Youtube, its clear that its software has no awareness outside of normal traffic situations. And it even frequently gets that wrong. Even some of the older stuff from google seems to be ahead of where Tesla is today. Elon will wank the marketing all he can, but don't trust him on autopilot coming any time soon.

>i hate driving
lel what a fucking mongoloid
off yourself and cleanse the gene pool

Just has to get me to work and the grocery store on suburban country roads. I put down my reservation with the expectation that I might be able to configure by mid-2018. If it's not what they promised by then I can always refund the deposit.

vimeo.com/192179727

Thats why you hire competent people to make the system and then bank off of it. Worked for Bill Gates with 95 and Jobs with the iPhone.

mid 2018? No fucking way. I don't know if you have a drivers license or not, but there is also a lot of legal stuff that has to come through if people are going to be driving without a license. And that is slow as fuck, and for it to work that way, the software will have to be almost flawless, and mistakes like:
youtube.com/watch?v=uYav3_7miIc
would have to be impossible.

Lol man that is just awful. Its like a 1st year college student trying to direct that fictional robot through a collision course and it just runs into the wall over and over.

Holy SHIT that is bad

How are they legally allowed to release it in this state?

I guess they get around it by classifying it as driver assistance, so anything it does is on the drivers ass.

apparently not being profitable is a new business strategy. instead of drowning yourself in money, you spend it on development. the Goal is to push tech forward and hope the people follow, while expanding into other industries. Like amazon. And then they are one massive slightly unprofitable stable company.

Notice how they are selling cars for less than what they cost to build

No?