Wait what?
Category theory?
Where can I learn?

Books you illiterate nigger

>join college
>forced to socialize
>mfw 98% freshmen actually believed this

What books you faggot

The practical one, "Cathegories for the working mathematician". You don't need the bigger one, that's for actual mathematicians.

actual programmer here
you don't need advanced math
just middleschool tier algebra and basic logic
*flies away*

>pursue a degree in computer science thinking I don't have to be social
>literally full of fucking normies who talk the entire day
>finally graduate
>get a job
>literally full of fucking normies who talk the entire day

"""math"""
CE math is only problem for brainlets.

Sum the primes under 2 million without math.

Thank you based user
>asterisks denoting actions
Found the normie

So, mr johnson, today we need you to program the solution to the josephus problem for our new app release, make sure it's generalized and supports killing every other N person.
JOHNSON, I WANT IT ON MY TABLE BY THIS AFTERNOON OR YOU'RE FIRED.

You went to wrong uni then. The normies usually don't make it past 1st semester

Sounds horrible. On my end it was a nice experience after the purge (second/third semester), made myself some friends that like chinese cartoons, ttrpgs, and other similar hobbies.

That's what you get for not doing the math.
Get it? Doing your math, haha.
[archer_laughing.JPEG.exe]

Likely story, fagget

sure mr. bossman
*googles josephus problem*
*copies first answer from stackowerflow*
here you are mr. bossman
so about that raise we talked earlier...

>ints are just bits in disguise
>chars are just ints in disguise
>...
>useful programs are just useless programs in disguise

Note that you might not really get the usefullness of cathegory theory unless you went through at least 1 year worth of undergrad math. If that's the case, you might want to first get comfortable in topology and algebra. You appreciate cathegory theory the more experience you gain in math.

This would never happen, because the product owner would have planned the story at the beginning of the sprint, not in the same day.

That's true
I'm in my third semester and we are only a quarter of the amount of students who started
Many social outcasts are left but also some nerdy and awkward guys i would sort myself to
I found some good friends to share dank memes and do computer science shennanigans with
The social atmosphere in our lectures is very good
Nobody gets mad about somebody else, no drama, no bullies
It's like the normies are the fault for human conflict

Same here
I discuss Anime with real people on a daily basis
I can't believe i would be able to actually do this

>tfw work in a team that doesnt subscribe to the AGILE meme

type theory is a lie created by spergs

the true monad is your mind

>you don't need math to program!
The quality of software these days suggests many do believe that.

t.Former SQA

>>It's like the normies are the fault for human conflict
blame hollywood for normies, half of the guys I met joined because they saw people coding in movies and looked easy, no math, no problems, etc. There's always that guy that enters college to learn to "hack" myspace/facebook accounts

you don't need any math to write a computer program you DPS (dumb piece of shit).

it's true

>everything meaningful to you is an illusion

Out of 580 people accepted, there were less than 100 left after first year. Russia is tough, but my peers were exceptionally dumb to enroll in that specific programme.

fucking this
So many mormalfags shilling about Mr. Robot in the lectures
I laughed when they failed the first programming assignment which was literally just about Char pointers in C and recursice functions like fibonacci and stuff
Not to mention their faces in the micro electronics classes about transistors and logic gates

You need to understand mathematical concepts, not crunch numbers in your head.
Rethink what you're sperging about.

Welcome to society, retard

you don't need to get a ph.d on math
but you need to know how it works at least

I'm a normie currently being rehabilitated.
I'm slowly discovering how boring Hollywood made me think computer stuff was, then I started actually getting into it because I wanted to make vidjya.
Now I'm a techno/numberphile, mainly due to discovering Sup Forums and /sci/.

>le nurmos XDDDD
says the fuckboys who:
>drive a car with an automatic transmission
>wear shoes that can be purchased at the mall
>are unable to solve a system of differential equations
>take their car to a mechanic for an oil change
log out Norman

I don't drive a car
I wear shoes that can be purchased at the nearest shop that sells shoes.
I can solve some systems of de.

Nah, i'm good senpai.

why do you keep saying cathegory?

What's your problem?

>Now I'm a techno/numberphile
>numberphile
kys faggot

>have to take physics for my CS transfer degree

Bad habit from my native language. It triggers me too after noticing

>What's your problem?
peasants like you acting like you're anything other than a normie just because you know how to invert a binary tree. You aren't hot shit just because you got through a couple chapters of CLRS

>/o/tism

Are you autistic? lol

He's just angry he dropped out

lol

I have two bachelors degrees actually I was a double major

Why lie on the internet

I only have one. So what? And it's not even in CS so i didn't read any chapter of CLRS. Still, i got through it while 95% didn't because they weren't willing to sacrifice their social life.

neither of my majors are in CS; both are in STEM though; particularly E&M. I did have to go through some of CLRS for an algorithms course I took.

Programming is literally math.

What math is involved with print('Hello world')

What programming is involved in it?

This is wrong. You definitely don't need calculus or anything, but every programming should learn discrete math.

You output the string Hello world

I'm in STEM too. But again, what would make me normie if i were driving a car with automatic transmission? Where i come from, most people drive manuals because they think it's cooler somehow. It's not. A car's only purpose is transportation. If automatic transmission makes it easier, why would that make you inferior to someone driving a manual? I try to do things more efficiently, does that make me a normie? I don't get your point really. I used normie because all the people who failed, failed not because they were stupid (they wouldn't get admitted), but because they weren't willing to make some sacrifices. In other words, they chose social life over knowledge. That makes them normies to me. Care to explain what makes me a normie in your opinion?

>can't play an instrument
>wears shoes he bought at the mall
>takes his car to a mechanic for basic maintenance
>can't read sheet music
>has read less than 300 books
>has listened to less than 1,000 albums (if you even listen to albums, but you probably listen to playlists (embarrassing))
>cannot run a mile in under seven minutes
you are just like the rest of them; only you have no friends (because you're lame as fuck)

>I want everyone to be like me

Oh i see. You're one of those.
Music isn't my thing.
Where else would i buy shoes?
Again, i don't drive a car.
Not sure on this. If you count the mandatory books i had to read to finish high-school, then it might actually be over 300? Let's assume no. But why this arbitrary limit of 300? Why not 500? All of them? What makes 300 special? That you read them?
I don't listen to music. I find it distracting. I like to listen to the noise of the city or the park.
Not sure. But if this is about sports, i play tennis twice a week.

I'm not like the people i called normies. I have few friends (lame i can't judge, but since i have friends, it might not be so bad). What about me calling drop-outs normies triggered you?

you don't have to try this hard

these are just basic skills any reasonable person would have picked up over the years

You don't. Not always.
You need a small subset of math at best for most jobs in programming.
Math-heavy fields are niche in the grand-scheme of programming. Yes, they are. Deal with it.

The most math I have needed for fucking 17 years is offsets of a value held elsewhere in memory that I give zero shits about other than being an actual number.
SO COMPLECKS

Math is definitely useful though.
It saves having to do loads of silly code when you can compact it in to a fraction of the code with some basic math, be it algebra, trig or binary logic.
To say you absolutely need math for programming is like saying you need to know how all the engine parts of your car works. Not how to repair them, how to source them or anything else, just know how they work.
I just want to change my fucking wheels. Fuck off.

But it's true? Not everyone is writing games user or doing actual computer science.

the bright side is you're probably good as hell at socializing by now.

r-right? hahah!

I'm one of the normies you talk to every day in the IT setting. I'm not so much a normie as an autist that did shitloads of drugs and is high half the time to be more social.

Why'd you think they teach you algebra in psychology?

Go to CS classES
>40+ boys
>2 girls
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh good, that O(n) cunt has started another delusional thread.

Threadly reminder that the only math needed for programming is adding, subtracting and algebra. Literally every other branch of math can be left until it's actually needed before being learned

Honestly you don't need much beyond highschool algebra+statistics and college linear algebra+basic logic. Taking calculus as a bridge between as most schools require is completely unnecessary, but a nice way to weed out people I guess.

>when you realize everything a computer touches is just a series of 64 bits and the only difference is how you interpret it

Algebra is basic math though in my opinion.

>only 300
Christ, I hope you're still in middleschool. By the time I graduated college I already had over 1000 books read.

And the girls are always either asian or a middle aged white woman.

>take my uni's discrete math class that uses lisp
>everyone's trying to figure out how to program in lisp
>some (CS) guy's like "since we're all pretty familiar with C++ how do we translate that to this where everything's some kind of list
>everyone agrees
>can't comprehend programming from a different perspective
>mfw CS majors are just code monkeys that are trained to churn out (shitty, I've read their programs) C++ code
>mfw as an EE in my first year I went through intro to C, C++, Python, Assembly, and Verilog classes, on top of electrical analysis classes and a full Calculus stack

x() = "Hello world"

Or anything requiring an emulation of physics and mathematics. Aside from a basic understanding of Algebra, you only need to know as much as the complexity of what you are programming.

>38+ boys
>2 girls
>2 boys (female)
fify

>mfw people still think arithmetic, and other basic skills like solving specific equations with algebra/calculus, is math

You don't unless the domain requires it. The most useful stuff is category theory, and you don't need to understand the theory either.

Fuck reading, reading is for losers.

gimme an ODE right now pussy lips

I wasn't counting books I had to read for class, or textbooks.

wants their meme back

(you) are the normie

>third year
>still full of dumbass internationals cheating their way through and being loud as fuck with their chinkspeak during lecture
>TAs in charge are international grads that let all that cheating shit slide

One more year to go.

>I'm in my third semester and we are only a quarter of the amount of students who started
Sounds like junior yr all over again (Skateboard accident -> Crazy bitch -> 11 ppl in 470 Linear Alg.)

>you don't need a degree to get a jerb programming
get very ticked

So literally only addition?

Why would you go to anything other than a tech school to get a STEM degree? Sure there are still normies, but the autists outweigh them heavily

I see no problem with this tee bh

My friend is a programmer with a biology degree

no no, i mean the people w/o degrees. fine with the ones that couldn't cut it with their chosen field.

I'm making a game and I only know basic high school-level algebra

Shit, most game mechanics are just True/False booleans and some numbers that go up and down.

>Can play guitar, piano and little bit violin.
>I dont go to mall
>I dont
>I cant fast enough to play from sheets
>I own 7 books, and havent read all of them.
>I own more albums than that.
>I run 2800m aka 3062 yards in 12 minutes, but I mostly train weight, not endurance. I weight 75 kg and free squat 138kg.

You don't need to understand 3d geometry to draw a picture either.