youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-hgiQ-GRE&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sage goes in all fields

I like brand name dicks over dicks
>you
>this is you

sage

I have recently aquired a thinkpad x230 and a 2014 macbook pro

the macbook technically has better specs but do I really want to fight macOS to get the functionality I want when I can just play with arch a bit on the x230 and I've got a very fun computer

owo me to!

Mac = PC

Is building arch worth it? I've done before a few years back, and put a 2nd ssd in my laptop. Windows is pissing me off of late. Would you recommend?

I too prefer mac over pc

WTF I like Macs nao!

macs suck dick but macOS is best OS therefore hackintosh

Macs ARE PCs.

easy

youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-hgiQ-GRE&t=

>I like a kind of PC more than PCs
Really fires up the neurons

macOS is bestOS

but apple trackpad is needed to get the best out of it, even on desktop. the gestures are just so deliciously productive

so considering i need a laptop, and i also need an apple trackpad... a mac is my only real option

luckily the 2015 macbook pro 13" is super comfy and doesnt have a fucking retarded touch bar

The only thing that is better in Macs is the 16:10 ratio of their laptops aside that if you don’t like their DE/WM you are wasting your money if you buy a Mac.

physically they are some of the nicest computers you can get, not really in terms of hardware performance but rather in construction material, quality, peripherals etc

it feels really really good to use. it is comfortable. if you use it often that can be worth the price to a lot of people.

the pixel density and color gamut of the display are also good at reducing eye strain when looking at a lot of text, like for programming

DE/WM stands for...?

Desktop Environment / Window Manager

Yeah well opinions are like assholes

you want to put your penis in them?

Shit thread is shit.
If you want to talk about Mac vs Windows, or Apple vs PC, make a better thread. There is a real discussion to be had.
What are we, tumblr? Try harder OP. Please.

You like a mac better than a personal computer? how?

Me too. Performance is good enough (I'm not a fucking hacktivist) and I appreciate the aesthetics. Also been over a decade since I used PC. I feel like I can't go back at this point. If you have money spend, feel free to enjoy what you like.

I know this doesn't necessarily help you on a laptop, but don't forget about the Magic Trackpad. It's pretty great as a standalone Bluetooth peripheral. I'm not kidding, I use one on my desktop and love it. If I'm not playing vidya, I'm using a trackpad. (And, half the time, if I *am* playing vidya, I'm using a gamepad anyway.)

The display in general is out of this world, and practically sells the thing all by itself. If you haven't seen a MacBook Pro in person recently, do. I recommend it.

Honestly, in the time it took you to post this, you could've made *this* thread a better thread. Like I'm doing.

>You like a mac better than a personal computer? how?
Can't you recognise a fellow troll?

I work mac every day to make some shit native apps. It blows my mind how horrible this piece of shit OS is.

what should blow your mind even more is the amount of money people are paying us to do this shit. You might come to like it just a little bit at some point

Macs aren't personal computers now?

mac no longer allows plugins to play video files like webm in finder preview, like by pressing space bar. apple has gone out of their way to prevent this each iteration of their os. think different.

>physically they are some of the nicest computers you can get
I a MBP on top of a shelf about 2m high to play music. It got knocked off while running and landed on a concrete floor. Caused a small dent in one of the corners and the hardware was undamaged.

both are nice though

The "it's not a bug, it's a feature" thing isn't even a joke with mac. Every time there's an update they intentionally reduce functionality.

>so considering i need a laptop, and i also need an apple trackpad... a mac is my only real option

If you don't mind the mouse being on the side or whatever, consider their latest trackpad with Force Touch.

Mac = Good software, bad hardware
PC = Good hardware, bad software
Hackintosh = Best

Linux > MacOS >>>>>>>> Windows

Huh so kinda like how Linux goes out if its way to prevent picture thumbnails in the picture picker